Marvel vs. DC

j0frenzy

Dec 26, 2008
Marvel has the more relatable and interesting characters. Also, they try to be better with continuity and ongoing stories.
DC has more fun characters and have great individual stories. I think a Marvel editor actually said that DC is filled with better character and writers who have no idea how to use them, or something like that.
I tend to favor Marvel, but I have never turned down a good DC story. Or Booster Gold. Because Booster Gold is fun.

Blindswordmaster

Dec 28, 2009
First off, Flamer no flaming! Flamer no flaming!
Though I believe DC has an extremely strong list of core heroes to draw upon, Marvel has a better extended cast. I like them both.

WolfThomas

Man must have a code.
Dec 21, 2007
ShadowHarrier said:
Hank Pym is a wife beater.
Oh boy, he's never gonna live that down. I love the fact no one remembers that A. He was recovering from a split personality and dealing with poor mental health, B. Sicking a giant killer robot on your friends and teammates is more heinous than back handing your metahuman wife once. That said Ultimate Pym is a giant (literally) asshole.

But yeah I agree with all the other points.

WolfThomas

Man must have a code.
Dec 21, 2007
dt61 said:
Redlin5 said:
[sub][sub]No vs threads please![/sub][/sub]
Sorry I am still quite new to the site and wasn't aware. I shall avoid this in the future.
Luckily it's a pretty broad topic with merit for discussion, had it been Goku Vs Superman, you'd be in trouble. But yeah this thread could have easily been "What you favourite comic book publisher?" or something similar and worked just as well.

Queen Michael

has read 4,010 manga books
Jun 9, 2009
Marvel, I like the fact that they feel more like people and have better names. "Better names? What do you mean?" I hear you asking. Look at it this way:
Marvel has Nightcrawler. DC has Matter-Eater Lad.
Marvel wins.

hyperhammy

Jan 4, 2010
I love 'em both, but nothing can beat the X-Men and Spider-man, not to mention Daredevil!

Mr. Omega

ANTI-LIFE JUSTIFIES MY HATE!
Jul 1, 2010
Both. But if forced to pick one, I'd have to say Marvel. Nothing against DC, but Marvel has 3 of my top 5 heroes (Daredevil, Deadpool and Spider-man), DC has 2 (Batman and Green Lantern). But like I said, I get either one, depending on how interesting the story is.

Jumping_Over_Fences

Apr 15, 2009
DC has The Flash, therefore I am a fan of DC

I used to love Marvel Comics when I was a kid, but as I grew up my tastes went towards the DC universe. Marvel just became boring to me, but will always have a special place.

Redlin5_v1legacy

Better Red than Dead
Aug 5, 2009
dt61 said:
Redlin5 said:
[sub][sub]No vs threads please![/sub][/sub]
Sorry I am still quite new to the site and wasn't aware. I shall avoid this in the future.
Don't worry about it. You're still relatively new so the mods will let it slide for now. When I make a thread I try to ask several questions that don't usually split the arguments into two camps.

Anyway, apology accepted. As long as you know this is not an accepted type of thread and don't do it again, you should be fine :)

Lord Aronsworth

Jul 20, 2010
Country
USA
WolfThomas said:
ShadowHarrier said:
Hank Pym is a wife beater.
Oh boy, he's never gonna live that down. I love the fact no one remembers that A. He was recovering from a split personality and dealing with poor mental health, B. Sicking a giant killer robot on your friends and teammates is more heinous than back handing your metahuman wife once. That said Ultimate Pym is a giant (literally) asshole.

But yeah I agree with all the other points.
Pym in general has always kind of annoyed me. Anyway, i'd sooner accept she was doing something to deserve it, but I do admit he wasn't quite in control of himself.

WolfThomas

Man must have a code.
Dec 21, 2007
ShadowHarrier said:
Pym in general has always kind of annoyed me. Anyway, i'd sooner accept she was doing something to deserve it, but I do admit he wasn't quite in control of himself.
Pym's had a lot of problems over the years, he was stuck at like 12 feet for a while and as a side effect it gave him anger issues. He then had the Yellowjacket split personality thing which was pretty weird. Also mental breakdown over finding out Ultron has his brains patterns. Yup I think I'd buy temporary insanity.

I actually like Pym at times, he seems to be the buttmonkey of the marvel universe at times, he's a super-genius but constantly screws up, he tries to be a famous heroes but is better known for his mistakes, e.g. Ultron. The only thing that annoys me was that one of the coolest things he ever did (thrinking down into a vibranium bullet to be shot through a forcefield so he could grow in size to drag of course a spaceship about to crash into the president's retreat) was performed by a Skrull.

The Avengers actually have a very poor success rate for dealing with mental illness, especially if you look at Sentry and Scarlet Witch.