Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. Episode 15: "Yes Men" Recap

bigfatcarp93

Mar 26, 2012
Wow... I feel stupid for this, but I JUST realized that the appearance of the Kree on a S.H.I.E.L.D. show is probably building up to Ms. Marvel.

Someone kill me before I breed.

Bara_no_Hime

Sep 15, 2010
KazeAizen said:
Um did you watch a different episode than I did? This was the best episode so far because it finally did what people had been expecting this series to do. Have its own stories but still tie back to The Avengers in a more significant way then simply name drops. Seriously giving side characters or more minor characters from the movies episodes to themselves is a great idea. Lady Sif showing up and kicking ass on the small screen was awesome and made for some good television.
I absolutely agree. I was very happy to see Lady Sif get an episode - she's a great character who deserves some screen time. She didn't get nearly enough in Thor: Dark World.

I will say this - I think some of the complaining is because this Joss Whedon cast isn't quite clicking like some of his previous ones. People were hoping for another Firefly. Which is an unfair standard, to be sure, but even as a fan of AoS I find some of the characters a bit meh.

Still, damn good episode overall. I look forward to April 1st.

WhiteFangofWhoa

Jan 11, 2008
The 'magical seductress' has to be one of the most overused plots in sci-fi TV (All the Stargates and Treks, Angel, Supernatural, Smallville...) but I'm glad they at least used it to do something with Ward and May as well as punishing Ward for being so critical of Michael Peterson. I think it might have been funny to see the intense Sif vs. Lorelei and May vs. Ward fights intercut with Fitz and Simmons having a nerd slap fight.

Was there any point to renaming the stun guns? Did fans complain that 'night-night gun' sounded too sissy or something?