Marvel's Guardians of the Galaxy Movie Is Actually Happening

Beautiful End

Feb 15, 2011
Ohhhhhh, that's where that raccoon came from! I always wondered what he was doing in UMvC3...

Anyway, I find it hard to take the movie seriously, regardless of the team's awesomeness. I mean, you got the REAL cast from the Avengers, real actors who are pretty good at it, and then you got these animated heroes...I don't know, it sounds like avatar all over again; me trying to take those blue guys seriously (Then again, videogames get a positive response out of me so..).

Oh, and I assume that if the movie does well, there's gonna be a crossover. Avengers and Guardians of the Galaxy together, right? And then you'll have Bobby Downing Jr. talking to a nonexistent raccoon..

Yeah, I'm truly skeptical. But whatever, time will tell..

Baresark

Dec 19, 2010
I would love this. I have always wanted their more galactic oriented heroes and villains to get more spotlight. It's really too bad Fox owns the right to the Silver Surfer since a tie in there is a given.

I wish they could do a full blown Infinity Gauntlet movie, that would be the most epic thing they could do. They already introduced Thanos who is a major player on things that tend to be so much bigger than Iron Man, Captain America or even Thor are accustomed to taking on.

BabySinclair

Apr 15, 2009
newwiseman said:
I just did a spit take and now have to clean my monitor... and Joss is involved in the script work. I'm already in the theater.
If they keep grabbing Joss to help with stories I'll just write them a check now

Baresark

Dec 19, 2010
llagrok said:
Since when was Thanos their main-enemy??

Baresark said:
I wish they could do a full blown Infinity Gauntlet movie, that would be the most epic thing they could do. They already introduced Thanos who is a major player on things that tend to be so much bigger than Iron Man, Captain America or even Thor are accustomed to taking on.
They'd already dealt with Korvac and a ton of others similar to him before the Infinity Gauntlet came around.
It's true. They deal with massive epic universe spanning villains. They were clearly instrumental in the Annihilation Conquest story line. They deal with huge epic villains. The movies studios are always afraid to go so expansive with story lines though.

Oct 30, 2010
Still surprising, but hey, I'm not going to look a gift horse in the mouth.

Guffe

Jul 12, 2009
Never heard of these guys.
But what could possibly go wrong with a giant bug and an Ent hunting down space pirates?

Olas

Hello!
Dec 24, 2011
Marvel's what of the what?
This is the first time they've dipped into something so obscure that I've never even heard of it, and I thought I knew marvel pretty well.

DTWolfwood

Better than Vash!
Oct 20, 2009
If it wasnt for UMVC3 i wouldn't even know what a Rocket Raccoon is, and now there is a movie where he will make an appearance.

I'll get to learn more about this trap log! XD

JdaS

Oct 16, 2009
It was pretty clear (at least for some members on the SRK forums) that the UMvC3 inclusions of Rocket Raccoon for instance were signs of a movie being in the works, so I can't say I'm surprised (for me the surprise was having RR in the game's roster).

Gizmo1990 said:
This sounds good and all but why must I be denied my Doctor Strange movie? The time they take to make this movie is time and money that could be used for Doctor Strange. Why do you hate me Marvel? WHY!?
I wouldn't be too worried. The good Doctor's inclusion (Dormammu too, if he's not the villain I will be disappointed) in UMvC3 also hints at movie plans. In fact rumors have been around about it already.

Bottom line, this can only be awesome and I'd hope for more continuity movies in the future. Although Sony's ownership of Spider-Man, Fox owning F4, etc, might make that unlikely to happen...

Paradoxrifts

Jan 17, 2010
Hey bookie, put me down for $50 that this movie will bomb harder at the box office than Scott Pilgrim did. Not trying to bring the hate or anything, but an obscure IP that looks like it will require expensive CGI to bring to life on the silver screen doesn't strike me as a recipe for success.

ThaBenMan

Mandalorian Buddha
Mar 6, 2008
I'm happy to see that the runaway success of The Avengers has opened the door for even weirder stuff to be made into a movie. Hopefully this is just the first of many outre projects to come and shake things up in the movie world. Guardians sounds awesome - I look forward to it very much!

Tanis

The Last Albino
Aug 30, 2010
Mcoffey said:
Tanis said:
I'd LOVE to see this movie do as well as Thor, or Captain America. Maybe THEN we'd get a movie with Ms Marvel or something.
There's always the inevitable Phase 3 of the Marvel Cinematic Universe.
Yeah...maybe...but I don't know.

I mean, how long do you folks REALLY think they can keep this up?