Mass Effect 2 on Ps3? I love you guys...

Alex Berry

Oct 9, 2010
Didn't I have a social before I picked this game up? Sometimes I wonder where it went, but it doesn't bother me too much. I'm too busy witnessing a triumph in storytelling and character development.

Before the Sony port hit the shelves I knew that I was getting shafted, but not to this degree. Exclusives are the kinds of things you turn a blind eye to so you can feel like you aren't missing out.

Maybe I should top off this meandering with a question: Is there a game you'd like to see on your favorite console?

Or maybe: Have you done anything lately worth remembering?

Yeah, I like that one better. I think it's time to go flirt with Kelly some more...

omicron1

Mar 26, 2008
I want Red Dead Redemption on PC already. Stop shunning us, MS/R*!

Other than that, probably the Uncharted series on PC would be nice.

SuperDash

Oct 15, 2010
I would like to see Heavy Rain on a 360, all this talk about it has gotten me really curious.

AceDefective

Mar 23, 2009
omicron1 said:

Oh yea RDR isn't on the PC
By the way do you know if LA noire is going to be on the PC?

OP: Me no have PS3. But me want Little Big Planet 1/2 NOW!

omicron1

Mar 26, 2008
liamlemon7 said:
omicron1 said:

Oh yea RDR isn't on the PC
By the way do you know if LA noire is going to be on the PC?

OP: Me no have PS3. But me want Little Big Planet 1/2 NOW!
It's not. You don't need three guesses to figure out who's behind that decision...

MiracleOfSound

Fight like a Krogan
Jan 3, 2009
I'm glad the PS3 players are enjoying ME2 - the more people who experience that masterpiece the better.

maddawg IAJI

I prefer the term "Zomguard"
Feb 12, 2009
Give me my Heavy Rain and Uncharted damnit! Those games make me want a PS3 to play them on.

pyrosaw

Mar 18, 2010
STALKER games on PS3 please.(Team Fortress 2 PS3 updates, for the love of god!)

Kagim

Aug 26, 2009
I kinda hope Sqaure quits dicking around with these mini in between KH games and give us KH3 for our PS3 already.

The fact the next part of the game is coming out on the 3DS is quite irritating. Quit screwing with us already Sqaure! God Dammit!

Mr Pantomime

Jul 10, 2010
A whole bunch of Xbox 360 RPG's. Infinite Undiscovery, Blue Dragon, Lost Oydessey to name a few. Either on PS3 or PC.

The_Blue_Rider

Sep 4, 2009
Well I own a PS3 and a 360 so i dont miss out on too much much, however the Witcher sounds incredibly good so I want a port of that nao!!! Also this isnt a big thing but possibly a modding tool for games like Oblivion on consoles? I mean it doesnt have to be as good as the PC modding tools but itd be nice to have or possibly say release really popular mods as DLC? That might make the games more popular for console users. I do know that modding is probably easier on the PC but id like to see this happen if it was possible

-Drifter-

Jun 9, 2009
MiracleOfSound said:
I'm glad the PS3 players are enjoying ME2 - the more people who experience that masterpiece the better.
Masterpiece? Really?

Different strokes for different folks, I suppose.

RhombusHatesYou

Surreal Estate Agent
Mar 21, 2010
Between There and There.
Country
The Wide, Brown One.
The_Blue_Rider said:
Also this isnt a big thing but possibly a modding tool for games like Oblivion on consoles? I mean it doesnt have to be as good as the PC modding tools but itd be nice to have or possibly say release really popular mods as DLC? That might make the games more popular for console users. I do know that modding is probably easier on the PC but id like to see this happen if it was possible
Never going to happen. The closest you'll see is map editors and other simple customisation options like some console games already carry. There's no technical restrictions that would stop PC style modding being introduced to consoles, even if the mods themselves required a PC to create. What is stopping it is console manufacturers are far too in love with Content Control and like to vet every little thing that enters their closed systems. Look at the effort that went into policing the content for Little Big Planet... do you think console manufacturers would be willing to do that for every title that shipped with modding tools?

Sniper Team 4

Apr 28, 2010
Alex Berry said:
Didn't I have a social before I picked this game up? Sometimes I wonder where it went, but it doesn't bother me too much. I'm too busy witnessing a triumph in storytelling and character development.

Before the Sony port hit the shelves I knew that I was getting shafted, but not to this degree. Exclusives are the kinds of things you turn a blind eye to so you can feel like you aren't missing out.

Maybe I should top off this meandering with a question: Is there a game you'd like to see on your favorite console?

Or maybe: Have you done anything lately worth remembering?

Yeah, I like that one better. I think it's time to go flirt with Kelly some more...
I hate to rain (slightly) on your parade, but you are missing out. If you think the storytelling is amazing in Mass Effect 2, it is time to cave in, buy a 360, play Mass Effect, then port that character over to Mass Effect 2 on the 360. There are literally dozens of things you are missing out on in the PS3 version. Granted, if you don't know they are there, it does not affect the game at all. However, I own both version--I love the game that much--and the 360 is better storywise simply because of the little touches. Glad you enjoy it though, as it is still a blast to play.

I want the Gears of War series on the PS3 for the sole reason that the PS3 has the free play online, and my 360 membership expired. Also, my NAT is slightly screwed up, so I couldn't play online with the 360 with my friends anyway.

The_Blue_Rider

Sep 4, 2009
RhombusHatesYou said:
The_Blue_Rider said:
Also this isnt a big thing but possibly a modding tool for games like Oblivion on consoles? I mean it doesnt have to be as good as the PC modding tools but itd be nice to have or possibly say release really popular mods as DLC? That might make the games more popular for console users. I do know that modding is probably easier on the PC but id like to see this happen if it was possible
Never going to happen. The closest you'll see is map editors and other simple customisation options like some console games already carry. There's no technical restrictions that would stop PC style modding being introduced to consoles, even if the mods themselves required a PC to create. What is stopping it is console manufacturers are far too in love with Content Control and like to vet every little thing that enters their closed systems. Look at the effort that went into policing the content for Little Big Planet... do you think console manufacturers would be willing to do that for every title that shipped with modding tools?
Yeah I guess, hopefully someday a company will try it, until then no mods for me :(