Mass Effect 2 Speeds Up Elevator Rides

GyroCaptain

Jan 7, 2008
Lord Harrab said:
You know, i found the Elevator rides rather funny, all they needed was the god-awful elevator music that some buildings have.
There actually was elevator music on several of the Citadel ones and the one on Noveria, IIRC. I think it's the same thing you get when you turn on the transmitter in Bring Down The Sky.

Really, if people preferred loading screens to elevators, there was always the rapid transit on the Citadel. Why people moan and whine so much about 15 second breaks with conversations is beyond me.

Kevvers

Sep 14, 2008
The elevator rides weren't all that bad... And I'm pretty sure whoever is in charge of managing development will have "shortening the elevator rides" pretty low on their agenda.

Mar 26, 2008
ThaBenMan said:
I didn't think they were that big a deal. They were even funny sometimes when your squadmates had conversations.
I agree. Garrus and Wrex argue with each other (I thought they'd eventually punch on), Garrus and Ashley exchange snide remarks and Ashley insults Liara, implying she's a brainless bimbo, if you take the two of them. Fun for the whole family.

Takoto

Mar 25, 2009
I've only seen Mass Effect being played, never played it myself, but I have to say those elevator rides... were damn slow. I mean come on, what if there was a fire? An elevator that slow wouldn't get them out of it!

ThaBenMan

Mandalorian Buddha
Mar 6, 2008
Takoto said:
I've only seen Mass Effect being played, never played it myself, but I have to say those elevator rides... were damn slow. I mean come on, what if there was a fire? An elevator that slow wouldn't get them out of it!
There are no fires in the World of Tomorrow!!1!

Nova Tendril

Apr 1, 2009
Programmed_For_Damage said:
ThaBenMan said:
I didn't think they were that big a deal. They were even funny sometimes when your squadmates had conversations.
I agree. Garrus and Wrex argue with each other (I thought they'd eventually punch on), Garrus and Ashley exchange snide remarks and Ashley insults Liara, implying she's a brainless bimbo, if you take the two of them. Fun for the whole family.
These are the people we have saving the entire galaxy.

Life is stupid.

Eternal Vigil

Apr 1, 2009
Hmmm......when the game is installed to your hard drive, the load times are a little quicker, but I never really had a problem with the elevator sequences, it was better than a giant loading scene breaking the immersion and they were done pretty well, with news reports in the background talking about your exploits.

I think it was the system is fine as it is.

Mar 26, 2008
Nova Tendril said:
Programmed_For_Damage said:
ThaBenMan said:
These are the people we have saving the entire galaxy.

Life is stupid.
Yep, the aliens aren't above petty squabbling. To quote the Simpsons, 'For a highly advanced alien race, they sure know how to rub it in'.

MiracleOfSound

Fight like a Krogan
Jan 3, 2009
I didn't mind the elevators... the conversations were great, especially the above mentioned one where Ashley implies that Liara is a bimbo!

The elevator on the normandy was very annoying though, due to the amount of times you had use it during the game, especially if you wanted to explore the various story threads with your crew or buy a pimpin new shotgun from the req officer.

Also the decontamination sequence was a clever way of masking the loading but it was no less boring than a loading screen...

Johnn Johnston

May 4, 2008
ElArabDeMagnifico said:
Lord_Panzer said:
Keane Ng said:
Guess you'll have to find somewhere other than the elevator to get to know your squadmate Wrex. Maybe ask him out for a cup of coffee or something?
So long as it isn't hot coffee.

*shudders*
At least he won't be able to get you pregnant. Well, maybe he can but the odds are pretty against him.
The Genophage: Now reducing the likelihood of horribly disturbing instances!

dreadedcandiru99

Apr 13, 2009
Personally, I didn't find the elevator rides nearly as annoying as the *constant* texture pop-ins. As long as they fix that, I'll be okay...

Apr 16, 2009
I didn't think that the elevators were that bad, and I enjoyed some of the conversations that the characters had in them, the news, and even the quests that came from them. The one elevator that did stand out as terrible, was the one in the ship, which had no dialogue, or news, just a speed that could best be described as glacial.

However, the worst glitch that I found in the game, was the one that caused me to become permanently trapped in an elevator.

Lift

Dec 18, 2008
Good thing i played the PC version where the elevator is sped up and I can turn up the graphic settings to 11.
TsunamiWombat said:
I didn't mind the elevators. It was a chance to look at Tali's ass...
...also this!