Mass Effect 3 Cannot Import Cloud Saves on Xbox 360

squid5580

Elite Member
Feb 20, 2008
Huh funny but I tried to transfer my ME2 saves to the cloud (as a just in case of emergency protocol) and it wouldn't let me. I was kinda bitter about it then lol

Ninedeus

Feb 26, 2010
I'm a little confused here, who is supposed to take the blame for this? EA or Bioware? I expected this to be the publishers fault as the cloud service was theirs to maintain and EA servers are not exactly the most dependable. Or are they both to blame?

Casual Shinji

Should've gone before we left.
Legacy
Jul 18, 2009
Irridium said:
What about saves you put on memory cards/usb devices? Will those work?
Oddly enough I could only put ME1 saves on usb, ME2 for some reason didn't allow it. Better than nothing, I guess.

Never before has my 360 felt more like a ticking timebomb than it has nearing ME3's release.

jezcentral

Nov 6, 2007
So, according to most people's reaction this is Bioware's fault? Or EA's fault?

Sounds to me more like a Microsoft-related problem, or does this also affect the PS3? (I'm not sure if Sony also had the cloud saves).

EDIT: It appears so far that PS3 cloud saves are unaffected.

Mortuorum

Oct 20, 2010
Despite all the "sky is falling" rhetoric, I wold bet that only a very small number of users will actually be affected (which is probably why it wasn't caught until just now). According to the TOS, this only affects cloud saves, which are a relatively recent innovation. And if you still have your original console, you just need to move the saves back, which is a pretty simple process.

And the first patch will probably fix it anyways.

RyoScar

May 30, 2009
I can't fit Mass Effect on the cloud anyway, so it's all fine for me. But for people it does affect, that's gonna suck

Metalrocks

Jan 15, 2009
it does suck. on the pc it does import the decisions you have made, but it doesnt import the face you have created. right now i had no problems transferring my saves but i had to create the face i had in part 1 again. at least i was able to make her look the same as before (i have femsheps and male sheps). gave me the chance to change her nose though, lol.

bioware is aware of the problem http://social.bioware.com/forum/1/topic/323/index/9661093
and i hope a patch will come out before i start using my other shepards i have created in the first game.

Mortuorum

Oct 20, 2010
Metalrocks said:
it does suck. on the pc it does import the decisions you have made, but it doesnt import the face you have created. right now i had no problems transferring my saves but i had to create the face i had in part 1 again. at least i was able to make her look the same as before (i have femsheps and male sheps). gave me the chance to change her nose though, lol.

bioware is aware of the problem http://social.bioware.com/forum/1/topic/323/index/9661093
and i hope a patch will come out before i start using my other shepards i have created in the first game.
It's not just PC; I had the same issue on the 360. It's annoying; my new Shepard looks almost like my old one... it's just enough off that it's jarring when I see him in cut scenes. Especially the nose, which I can't seem to get right.