Mass Effect 3 Ending - Help me out here - (Spoilers)

Giraffle

Jul 26, 2009
Okay so just like everyone else here I am pretty dis-satisfied with the ending, but on top of that i'm actually confused on what happened or what I even did really.

I did what I THINK is the paragon ending (assuming control of the Reapers), and here is what happens: Shepard dies, a massive blue explosive energy field strikes the Reapers, who leave Earth while the soldiers watch. All Mass Relay's are destroyed, Joker is sucked in through a black hole and is left on a strange planet. Epilouge happens where a "Stargazer" and a "Child" (apparently in the distant future) discuss the legend of "The Shepard", to which the game officially ends.

Now after this I scavenged Youtube for the paragon and renegade endings. I beleive the paragon ending is what I just described, with the renegade one being destroying the Reapers (this is the first thing im confused on, which really was the right ending?)

According to a video I watched, if you choose to Destroy the Reapers, it seems that the entire planet Earth is consumed in a huge ball of fire, it even shows soldiers being disintegrated, killed. From there on out its the same: Mass Relays are destroyed, Normandy on strange planet.

But the Control video I watched showed slight changes to mine: (The Clock Tower in London is not destroyed [in mine it is], and the soldiers cheer while the Reapers leave [in mine, they just watched]). This leads me to beleive that the Destroy ending for me will be different than the video. Does that mean Earth may not be destroyed in a ball of fire??

Can anyone help me figure this out??

scorptatious

The Resident Team ICO Fanboy
May 14, 2009
You can still save Earth in the Destroy ending if you have enough war assets. Heck, if you have enough war assets Shepard can still live. But only in the Destroy ending I believe.

EDIT: There's also a page that shows what exactly kind of ending you can get depending on your war assets. Not sure how accurate it is though.
http://gametipcenter.com/mass-effect-3-endings-list

Giraffle

Jul 26, 2009
scorptatious said:
You can still save Earth in the Destroy ending if you have enough war assets. Heck, if you have enough war assets Shepard can still live. But only in the Destroy ending I believe.
Yeah I just saw something on IGN that talks about a whole 17 different endings for ME3

http://www.ign.com/wikis/mass-effect-3/Endings

It seems that it all relys on your war effort, and not your final desicions. It even seems that if you have basically war assets all the way up, it doesnt matter how you take care of the Reapers, everyone and everything ends up just fine