Mass Effect 3: Extended Cut ~ It's Official :O

Fappy

\[T]/
Jan 4, 2010
Country
United States
Rhedd said:
It's pretty simple to guess what they'll be doing for clarification.

1) There'll be a scene where the Normandy picks up the squad mates: probably while Shepard is knocked out from the beam. Harbinger will chase them, thus explaining why he suddenly ups and leaves.

2) Maybe Harbinger will chase the Normandy right back to the relay, or perhaps after the citadel starts to move we'll get a scene where Hackett calls a retreat, thus explaining why they were running.

3) We'll get a longer investigation scene with the star child and maybe they?ll try to reintroduce the original indoctrination ending.

4) Maybe a post credit funeral/civilisation rebuilding scene: although, given that most of the people closest to Shepard are on a distant planet neither would be very poignant.

I hope that those things are the least we can expect, although, personally I thought the ending needed scrapping and starting over. Sure you can?t please everyone, but when I think about how Mass Effect could have ended, and how, with 3-4 highly different endings it could?ve pleased 95% of it?s fans, I just find the whole thing kinda depressing. Still, I?ll sit and wait, and muster some faith in Bioware, one last time. Fingers crossed.
I think your first two points are the most likely to happen. They HAVE to explain the illogical Normandy shenanigans.

Mar 15, 2012
It won't. Unless they make actual major changes, which is not what they're saying, everyone is still going to hate it and the rage will boil on for years.

Rightfully.

Rack

Jan 18, 2008
I'm confused about what the big deal is to be honest, the plotline to Mass Effect has made no gaddamn sense since Mass Effect 2,I've had to vigorously deny Shephard worked with Cerberus, tat he didn't sense the most obvious trap in teh universe, that they made a giant robot out of human parts, that he went dancing while billions died, that they were somehow able to create a Death Star in about 5 days... Throwing in ignoring the presence of a stupid little kid and that they magically destroyed the mass relays barely makes a wave in that shit-pit. I'm going to pretend Mass Effect had a half-way tolerable storyline and seeing more of it is not going to help me in that.

Sunrider

Add a beat to normality
Nov 16, 2009
chiefohara said:
Well you know what, Kudos to EA and Bioware.

As a fan who was put out about the ending, but didn't *****, all i can say is fair dues to them.
High five, friend!
This is great news, but I fear there might be an upcoming shitstorm nonetheless. "Damned if you do, damned if you don't".

Smithburg

May 21, 2009
Jitters Caffeine said:
This is me standing smugly atop my "I told you so" pedestal to all the cynical assholes who keep spewing venom about the game and that it "ruined the entire series for them"
And how exactly does that prove you right? If it ruined the series for them then it did. And whether a cynical or smug asshole, an asshole is still an asshole.

Airsoftslayer93

Minecraft King
Mar 17, 2010
Extending the existing endings is still shit, not really good enough, just completely redo the endings, pretend the star child never existed.

Smithburg

May 21, 2009
SajuukKhar said:
Seanfall said:
Neither of us can know that. Every thing we think will happen after the end is conjuncture. Your wrong, I'm wrong. We're all wrong. We don't know cause we're not told. Yes yes it is a plothole. "I was created to keep Synthetics from wiping out organics, oh look Synthetics who have no interest in Organics...well that disproves me...I best make them a threat so I can exist."
Human history has proved time and time again its is impossible to create lasting peace because of intolerance, a lack of being able to understand one another.

Humanities inability to truly understand people stems from the inability of humans to experience the world as others do, and until the day we can truly experience the life of others as they do, humans will be intolerant and thus lasting peace will be impossible.

Unfortunately to truly experience the world as others do all their actions would have to be our own and vice-versa, the lines between individuals would become nonexistent, all people would fundamentally be one another.

Until that day comes intolerance will remain and thus true lasting peace will be impossible, to argue against that is to argue against all of human history.

We may have brief and short lived ages of peace, but a 5 millenium peace is ultimate trivial when it will eventually come crashing down because of intolerance.
Its the same reason I hated the end of Evangelion movie, at least in the show, which was terribly vague and non-specific, I could think Shinji did the right thing, but the movie which as much as I dislike wont deny is the canon ending he had to fuck it up for everyone else.
though admittedly I don't think anyone should be forced into to. Let all those who desire it do it, leave, then when everyone else kills themselves in wars of intolerance, come back and chill.
I cant really argue that as having been hit by a car three times... >.>

Bigsmith

Mar 16, 2009
Kudos to them for keeping the ending, I'm still torn over it.

My feelings on the ending are quite simple, it was an artistic ending they didn't please everyone.

Maybe with more closer I'll grow to like the ending they chose, I suppose we'll have to see.

Glad it's free though.

Jitters Caffeine

Sep 10, 2011
Smithburg said:
Jitters Caffeine said:
This is me standing smugly atop my "I told you so" pedestal to all the cynical assholes who keep spewing venom about the game and that it "ruined the entire series for them"
And how exactly does that prove you right? If it ruined the series for them then it did. And whether a cynical or smug asshole, an asshole is still an asshole.
Because I get to be smug about shit like this because cynical assholes kept trying to ruin the fun for everyone else.

Flight

Mar 13, 2010
I knew that, at most, they would only "expand" and "clarify" the endings. It's nice that it's free, but it won't change the fact that the endings are terrible and they haven't been handling the fallout well at all.

Tono Makt

Mar 24, 2012
Tayh said:
It was always intended to be free, so no surprise here.

This'll be fun to show to all the haters and DLC-doomsayers, though.
Aye. But if the DLC is still free, then the haters and doomsayers will have a heck of a lot less to be upset about.

Ramare

Apr 27, 2009
I hope this "new ending" ends up good. All of this crap over ME3 made me interested enough in the series to try the original. I will admit, I overlooked the series when it first came out, thinking in my naivety that it was something geared more towards people who grew up on things like Star Trek. Boy, was I wrong.

I tried it at a friends house, since he still has a copy kicking around since he refuses to part with it (for a reason I can see now), and I bought my own copy for PC as soon as I got home, because it was awesome.
I can see why everyone loves Bioware now, because I was strangely compelled by all of the characters, even by my standards. I garnered searing hatred for Saren, I went everywhere (EVERYWHERE) with Garrus and Tali, and I was still interested by all the other characters; even the ones I didn't talk to as much, and didn't take with me on missions.

My first character was a Cyrillic looking male Shepard, ruthless background, one part renegade, one part paragon, one part professional, and one part ruthless, that, as I mentioned before, always had Garrus and Tali as my squad, and romanced Liara.

After beating the game once (I'm quite excited to get ME2 & 3, now!), I made another character. A Germanic looking female Shepard, sole survivor background, two parts paragon, one part professional, one part naive. I still really love Garrus as a character, so I still kept Garrus with me, but chose Kaiden as my supporting teammate. Planning to have this character romance Garrus.

unoctium

Apr 10, 2012
I don't know what to expect to be honest. Whether we will get jaw-dropping cinematics, a different set for each depending on what choices we made in the game?

Or maybe it will be something like this... :S

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JZHdZ12XxJg

Avalanche91

Jan 8, 2009
They won't change the ending. They will probably only add a few cutscenes in an attempt to mend the plotholes. They will keep the shitty endings, but explain more about the substance of the shit instead of changing it.

And even if it does manage to fill those plotholes, the current ending will be remembered.

Even with that being said, I will check it out......cause I'm a sucker.

captcha; they ate it.......the cupcakes?

SenseOfTumour

Jul 11, 2008
Personally I think they should bring in my ending idea, where Shepherd turns to camera at the end, breaks into song, and all the characters, living or dead, dance onto stage left and right in an over the top musical number, then the curtains just close and credits.

(I've not played Mass Effect, sorry if I unwittingly guessed the ending and have spoilered everything!)

GasparNolasco

Dec 13, 2010
I do hope these calibrations work out alright.
A stupid ending for a bad game is one thing, but when the game is a masterpiece like Mass Effect it really bothers me...

The Lunatic

Princess
Jun 3, 2010
The issue is still that the ending is really awful, has an almost complete disconnection with the rest of the series, explains nothing, seems horribly contrived and even ending with an advertisement for DLC.

Can't help but expect better.