Mass Effect 3 Fans Will Find Closure June 26th

WMDogma

Jul 28, 2009
Mass Effect 3 Fans Will Find Closure June 26th

New DLC pack "expands on the meaning of the original endings" of Mass Effect 3.

Mass Effect fans and detractors, the wait is finally over. BioWare has announced that its upcoming, free Extended Cut DLC, meant to provide more closure to Shepard's story, will be released June 26th.

"Extended Cut will be available as a free download beginning June 26th for the Xbox 360, PC and PS3 in North America. PS3 owners in Europe will be able to download it on July 4th. The DLC pack will come in at around a rather hefty 1.9 gigs, giving some reassurance that it won't just be a handful of title cards giving a short "where are they now?"-style blurbs.

"The Extended Cut expands on the endings of Mass Effect 3 through additional scenes and epilogue sequences," BioWare stated on its website. "It provides more of the answers and closure that players have been asking for."

Those looking for a completely drastic redesign of the game's controversial multi-color endings, however, may be a little disappointed, as Extended Cut just adds on to the endings of Mass Effect 3, and doesn't "fundamentally change" them into something drastically different.

Source: MassEffect.com [http://www.masseffect.com/about/extended_cut/]

Still Life

Sep 22, 2010
A case of 'damned if they do, damned if they don't'. I'm looking forward to seeing what is being offered, but there will still be lots of rage on the forums.

It will never be enough for some.

Personally, I didn't have an issue with the various endings, aside from the infamous Normandy scene and it coming out of nowhere.

StriderShinryu

Dec 8, 2009
Definitely interested to see how this works out. In fact, I'd actually say I'm rather excited. This is sort of a new world here and there could be big ripples should this go either exceptionally well or exceptionally poorly.

Eruanno

Captain Hammer
Aug 14, 2008
I am honestly intrigued.
Perhaps it will be terrible, or... perhaps it will be... good? What if... what if it is?

otakon17

Jun 21, 2010
I have no idea to expect from this to be completely honestly. But, as it's free I'll download it.

As it's 1.9 GIGS I'll probably be all day downloading it though. Curse my 2.5 mbps average download speed...

Also, The Escapist I HAVE ONLY POSTED ONCE TODAY WHY DO I NEED TO COMPLETE A CAPTCHA for my second post?

CrazyGirl17

I am a banana!
Sep 11, 2009
I'm hoping this all works out, I don't feel like watching the internet explode again...

NinjaDeathSlap

Leaf on the wind
Feb 20, 2011
It's 1.9 gigs of extra content?

Must. Not. Form. Unreasonable. Expectations.

Must. Fight. Desire. To. Be. Hyped.

As I am one of the people who actually liked the general concept of the ending, and thought it's failure was more down to shoddy and rushed execution than anything else, I really hope that the extra context this can provide was worth the wait.

Dec 14, 2009
Shit, that soon?

After completing it the first time, I deleted my save game in a fit of rage.

Gives me an excuse to play through the brilliant first 99% of the game again I guess :D

Xerosch

Apr 19, 2008
I've stopped playing after hearing that Bioware would publish an Extended Cut of the ending. Now I can finally see for myself what all the fuzz is about. I have yet to enounter as much rage about a game as I've seen on this one. Even Dragon Age 2 doesn't come close...

NinjaDeathSlap

Leaf on the wind
Feb 20, 2011
CrazyGirl17 said:
I'm hoping this all works out, I don't feel like watching the internet explode again...
Me neither, which is why I've decided that, if it turns out I am disappointed by what they provide, I'm just not going to get involved in any internet discussions about it. The months of rage and hurt... I just... I just can't do it anymore. It would be kinder on everyone just to let it go.

Comic Sans

DOWN YOU GO!
Oct 15, 2008
Country
United States
I am mildly interested. The original ending kind of killed my Mass Effect buzz, so I'm kind of apathetic. I will play through it just to see, and that will probably be the end of it.

putowtin

I'd like to purchase an alcohol!
Jul 7, 2010
CrazyGirl17 said:
you may wish to go and live in a cave for a bit then, cause no matter what they've done...

grigjd3

Mar 4, 2011
So, I was already bored out of my mind by the original ending. Now they've added 1.8 gigs to the new ending? How much of it is more of Shepard slowly stumbling forward? Stumble forward to the left? Stumble forward to the right? Stumble forward to the middle? As long as it's no additional stumbling forward! I did finally figure out why the ending was so bad. IT WAS BORING! Now they're drawing that out further? I don't know that I have the patience to bother with it now.

grigjd3

Mar 4, 2011
So, I was already bored out of my mind by the original ending. Now they've added 1.8 gigs to the new ending? How much of it is more of Shepard slowly stumbling forward? Stumble forward to the left? Stumble forward to the right? Stumble forward to the middle? As long as it's no additional stumbling forward! I did finally figure out why the ending was so bad. IT WAS BORING! Now they're drawing that out further? I don't know that I have the patience to bother with it now.

Xerosch

Apr 19, 2008
Mcoffey said:
Xerosch said:
I've stopped playing after hearing that Bioware would publish an Extended Cut of the ending. Now I can finally see for myself what all the fuzz is about. I have yet to enounter as much rage about a game as I've seen on this one. Even Dragon Age 2 doesn't come close...
I suppose it's because it was clear Dragon Age 2 was going to be bad much sooner. Like, there were signals and warnings people were gonna be disappointed. The ending to ME3 was like a sucker punch hay maker straight out of nowhere. :p
Yeah, you're right. I got suspicious around the time potential buyers were bombarded with free content and the automatic upgrade to the Signature Edition. EA likes money very much, offering so much free stuff was suspicious (even if it were mostly weapons and equipment).

I've stayed almost entirely away from spoilers this far, maybe knowing about it being... controversial... lets me keep an open mind about it.