Mass Effect 3: Retake This

Draconalis

Elite Member
Sep 11, 2008
Having skipped the bajillion angry posts... does anyone else get that the joke is

"Get people mad, then profit off it"

The punch line is the intended profit, not upsetting the people here.

Luciella

May 3, 2011
FinalHeart95 said:
> Retakers complain that people don't "get" what their movement is all about.
> Same people don't get the joke behind the comic.

This, my friends, is what we call "irony".
No no, we get it.
Tho im personaly tired of the same thing (cybabies, retake this comic, whinners blabla) over and over again.

Luciella

May 3, 2011
trollpwner said:
Teresa Lass said:
FinalHeart95 said:
> Retakers complain that people don't "get" what their movement is all about.
> Same people don't get the joke behind the comic.

This, my friends, is what we call "irony".
No no, we get it.
Tho im personaly tired of the same thing (cybabies, retake this comic, whinners blabla) over and over again.
So....you don't actually get it?

Sigh
Let me put it in other words: when your laughed at is difficult to laugh at the joke.

Luciella

May 3, 2011
trollpwner said:
Teresa Lass said:
Sigh
Let me put it in other words: when your laughed at is difficult to laugh at the joke.
Yeah, but the joke in this is squarely aimed at the people who deliberately stir up trouble to gain money... I'm not sure what it means if you consider yourself to be the 'victim' of the joke.
Well its aimed for moking the retake movement, in one way or another. So i guess as part of the movement i cant laugh at the joke.
While i dont consider myself victimized, in all and all its just a couple of ppl making a joke of already old news.

Again tho, cant laugh.

ryanthemadman

Nov 5, 2010
am i the only one who actually expected that ending? i mean stuff was messed up and there was no way anything was going to be the same again. just kinda saying that everything blew up and everyone died just kinda made sense to me.

Darkmantle

Oct 30, 2011
ryanthemadman said:
am i the only one who actually expected that ending? i mean stuff was messed up and there was no way anything was going to be the same again. just kinda saying that everything blew up and everyone died just kinda made sense to me.
Man, I could have lived with that ending, I wish that's how it ended :p

the one we got was worse than rocks fall everyone dies.

The Wooster

King Snap
Jul 15, 2008
Seventh Actuality said:
You must know that this is still going to be too subtle for most of your readers.

And using it to directly follow a strip where you unironically did say something retarded about the ME3 controversy is probably not the best timing. Unless that was intentional. But I doubt it.

Huh.
Suggesting people be civil to keep from sabotaging their own arguments is retarded?

Neferius

Sep 1, 2010
Grey Carter said:
Mass Effect 3: Retake This

The Idiot Trap

Read Full Article
http://blog.bioware.com/2012/04/05/mass-effect-3-extended-cut/

What-now, haters.

laserwulf

Dec 30, 2007
I had someone on another thread legitimately tell me that his loathing of the ending to ME3 completely invalidated the fun he had actually playing all three games. That was the exact moment when I stopped taking the RME movement seriously.

(It didn't help that me joking about intentionally not watching the ending when I reach it was apparently too subtle.)

Bigeyez

Apr 26, 2009
poiumty said:
Rule #1 of lazy comic writing: when out of ideas, use comic to relieve personal frustrations.

whoops, better stop writing or he'll start ridiculing me too

edit: love how the "release date" in the information box says "Q4 2011". Someone hasn't updated the database in a while.
You realize the comic is actually making fun of the people mocking the retake ME movement right?

Bigeyez

Apr 26, 2009
Teresa Lass said:
trollpwner said:
Teresa Lass said:
Sigh
Yeah, but the joke in this is squarely aimed at the people who deliberately stir up trouble to gain money... I'm not sure what it means if you consider yourself to be the 'victim' of the joke.
Well its aimed for moking the retake movement, in one way or another. So i guess as part of the movement i cant laugh at the joke.
While i dont consider myself victimized, in all and all its just a couple of ppl making a joke of already old news.

Again tho, cant laugh.
t

So you didn't get it at all then. They AREN'T making fun of the retake movement in this comic.

Neferius

Sep 1, 2010
Bigeyez said:
poiumty said:
Rule #1 of lazy comic writing: when out of ideas, use comic to relieve personal frustrations.

whoops, better stop writing or he'll start ridiculing me too

edit: love how the "release date" in the information box says "Q4 2011". Someone hasn't updated the database in a while.
You realize the comic is actually making fun of the people mocking the retake ME movement right?
"Ask Grey how much Bioware and EA paid him to write this comic."

Oh yeah, TOTALLY.

Seventh Actuality

Apr 23, 2010
Grey Carter said:
Suggesting people be civil to keep from sabotaging their own arguments is retarded?
Commenting solely on the failings of one side when the disproportionately vast majority of the uncivility, immaturity and 'intellectual dishonesty' is coming from the other is pretty retarded, yes.

Especially when suspicions of corruption in the gaming media are not something unique to this issue, or even an unreasonable thing to say or think when IGN, pretty much the main voice calling "GAMER ENTITLEMENT!" have one of their goddamned employees in a highly-publicised role in the game.

AT God

Dec 24, 2008
Patrick Anderson said:
Fans point out plot holes and inconsistencies with the ending and how it doesn't fit in the story

Game journalists and their websites that are plauged with EA ads call us entitled

Real journalists from Forbes, BBC News, CNN, NY Times, NY Daily news, etc... say the fans have a point and point out all the quotes Bioware said about the ending and how it ended up being lies.

Yeah, and you wonder why no one takes game journalists seriously anymore. I bet most of you game journalists cringe seeing more credible sources like Forbes rip you apart while you have nothing but petty comments to respond with.
I don't know who you are but you need to comment more. That is a great point.

Landshark1

Mar 16, 2011
Jeez, how many people didn't get that this comic was making fun of the people writing the articles, not the Retakers themselves? And it doesn't make fun of the retake movement's beliefs, it makes fun of how much of a sucker they are for giving page views to articles made precisely to rile them up and make money (like Samantha Brick's articles).