Mass Effect 3: Retaliation Arrives Next Week

Andy Chalk

One Flag, One Fleet, One Cat
Nov 12, 2002
Mass Effect 3: Retaliation Arrives Next Week

The Mass Effect 3 Retaliation multiplayer DLC pack is big, bad and totally free.

The upcoming Retaliation DLC pack for Mass Effect 3 brings a lot of goodies to the party. The Collectors make a return as a new enemy faction with the Collector Praetorian, Scion, Abomination, Trooper and Captain, while Cerberus continues to cause trouble with the addition of the Dragoon and the Geth roll out new drones. Balancing those threats are new class kits including the Turian Havoc Soldier and Turian Ghost Infiltrator, plus the promise of "many more being added on a regular basis."

The DLC will also introduce "Hazard" versions of existing multiplayer maps, which will confront players with Acid, Lightning, Meltdowns, Sandstorms, Swarms and Whiteouts when they come under attack. Collector weapons including the Assault Rifle, Sub-Machine Gun and Sniper Rifle will be added as unlockables, as will new ammo mods and gear upgrades.

Finally, a new "Challenge" feature will be added to multiplayer that will allow players to track their online accomplishments, compare them with friends and earn "Challenge Points," which can be used to unlock special titles and banners that "allow you to personalize your multiplayer experience."

BioWare says this is the "largest upgrade to date," and it's also free, which is a pretty big plus. Mass Effect 3: Retaliation launches on October 9 for the Xbox 360, PlayStation 3 and PC. Get all the details at the BioWare Blog [http://blog.bioware.com/2012/10/04/mass-effect-3-retaliation-multiplayer-dlc/].

CPunchMaster

Aug 29, 2011
Collectors and Harbinger? Did they realise they forgot about them in ME3? I wonder if this means they'll be in single player DLC next...

Swyftstar

May 19, 2011
All that time I was waiting for a Turian Infiltrator and they waited until after I've stopped playing to add them. It's too late, I'm not going back.

bladester1

Feb 5, 2008
CPunchMaster said:
Collectors and Harbinger? Did they realise they forgot about them in ME3? I wonder if this means they'll be in single player DLC next...
Yea, how does this make sense in single player....

Fappy

\[T]/
Jan 4, 2010
Country
United States
I just wish this could have come out when people were still playing ME3 multiplayer XD

Soviet Heavy

Jan 22, 2010
I'd rather a DLC set in the campaign so we could find out just what the hell our choice about the Collector base would have apart from a piss poor writeoff.

tmande2nd

Oct 20, 2010
Didn't we already kill the collectors?
Nice to hear Harbinger again though.

Shame that well no one is playing ME3MP anymore.
Borderlands 2 man its really just sucking in everything

fix-the-spade

Feb 25, 2008
Certainly looks worth picking ME3's multiplayer back up for. But it could really do with some extra modes, maybe even competitive ones...

DVS BSTrD said:
Looks promising: If there is one thing that Bioware is VERY familiar with by this point, it's retaliation.
Badum-dum-tish...

hazabaza1

Want Skyrim. Want. Do want.
Nov 26, 2008
Oh, I fucking called it. And Jetpack Turian looks SWEEEEEEEEEEEET.
I doubt I'll get it any time soon though. I only just got a Krogan recently, and it was the shitty one.

fix-the-spade

Feb 25, 2008
bladester1 said:
Yea, how does this make sense in single player....
Well, the Reapers took billions, if not trillions of Protheans. What's to say there weren't simply more of them stationed on the Reapers themselves as crew and/or shock troopers? Harbinger certainly seemed to like them.

For some reason Bioware are madly inconsistent with their enemies. Aside from the lowly Geth Troopers and base husks I can't think of any enemies that appear in all three Mass Effects.

I'd like to see them back, as well as the various mechs, villains and #ahem# ascended victims of the Reapers like Saren and Benezia. Kai Leng was kind of a sucker.

vxicepickxv

Slayer of Bothan Spies
Sep 28, 2008
Krantos said:
Free you say?

<__>

<_<

What's the catch?
The same as it ever was. Everything that's going to get unlocked is going to be a rare, and take either hours of grinding, or money to unlock.

TsunamiWombat

Sep 6, 2008
Roses are red, violets are blue, this shit doesn't change those terrible endings and I uninstalled your game, doot doot doo doo.