Mass Effect 3 Review

Nicolairigel

May 6, 2011
Well, that's a weight off my mind, seems like its not a compelete wreck. Now i'm giddy excitement about playing this weekend :D

Therumancer

Citation Needed
Nov 28, 2007
One warning:

The PC version of this game has some serious problems right out of the box. I ordered my Collector's edition from Amazon.com (still en-route) but my dad who didn't want a CE just got his from Gamestop and has been trying to get it to run behind me. The problem is Origin won't launch the game on windows 7 systems saying it's not compadible with 64 bit tech. He spent some time getting ahold of one of their customer service guys in a chat mode who told him that ME3 will not run under the current version of the Origin software, implying there was an update needed, the problem being that the most recent version of Origin availible is the same one he happens to be using.

I am not going to say ALL PC users will run into this problem, if you've gotten it running, good for you, but he has run into this problem and has a pretty good rig (and it's not a hardware issue, the CS Rep even said it's Origin). To save yourself some frustration if your still waiting to install it, you might give it a day or two despite the massive anticipation because it seems EA apparently has some things to iron out with Origin... which is absolutly insane with a release like this.

If you happen to have hit this wall, your not alone, and apparently they are working on resolving it whenever they get that "new version" of Origin out there.

Therumancer

Citation Needed
Nov 28, 2007
Freechoice said:
They didn't get rid of the planet scanning mechanic? Jesus Christ.
Personally I was most disappointed with how it seems you have to run from the Reapers pursueing instead of there being a space combat mechanic implemented.

That said, I liked the way how they did the planetary exploration and mining in ME1, they just needed to put more stuff on the planet to make it a little more exciting. Skimming through my strategy guide (I don't want too many spoilers yet, and I have yet to get a copy installed) it doesn't appear there is even a vehicle component to this one, though I imagine it could be added later.

ResonanceSD

Guild Warrior
Legacy
Dec 14, 2009
Country
Australia
Susan Arendt said:
Mass Effect 3 Review

The ending the series - and its fans - deserve.

Read Full Article
Susan recommended it? Sure thing. When it makes it onto steam that is. None of that origin muck on my pc, thanks =D

Zhukov

The Laughing Arsehole
Dec 29, 2009
I was already on board, but a little confirmation never hurt anybody.

My copy should be arriving any day now.

I said, any day now... *twitch*

metalcore42

Apr 15, 2009
ResonanceSD said:
Susan Arendt said:
Mass Effect 3 Review

The ending the series - and its fans - deserve.

Read Full Article
Susan recommended it? Sure thing. When it makes it onto steam that is. None of that origin muck on my pc, thanks =D
Origin is a No-Go for me too. When EA stops trying to fuck over its customers I'll buy their products again, even I have standards.

BreakfastMan

Scandinavian Jawbreaker
Jul 22, 2010
Varewulf said:
Wait, the dancing actually matters?
How else did you think they were going to fight the reapers? With silly guns? No, with the power of DANCE! :3

OT: Sounds good to me. I had the game pre-ordered, and was all set to enjoy it, but I had some fear in the back of my head that the game would bomb (hey, anything is possible!). Nice to know it is indeed going to be awesome. Confirmation bias rocks. :)

Eleima

Keeper of the GWJ Holocron
Feb 21, 2010
I must admit I was a bit nervous when I saw the omniblade assassination in the trailer. I was going to get it anyhow (pre-ordered my CE), because I need to know how this story ends, but now that ME3 has been given the "Susan stamp of approval", my mind has been set at ease. Now if ME3 could actually get here, that'd be great...

Still Life

Sep 22, 2010
Been playing it.

My. God.

It's pretty much everything I could have hoped for. I'm having a ton of fun!

chiefohara

Sep 4, 2009
GAH... have to wait until friday for my CE..... delighted that the crap ending rumours were false though.... im looking forward to spending some serious quality time with this :)

Li Mu

Oct 17, 2011
I don't want to spoil anything about Mass Effect 3 for you, so all you really need to know is this: Yes. Yes, you should get it. Yes, it lives up to the hype. Yes, it's the ending the series deserves.
Now I don't have to read the review.
You really shouldn't put such an all encompassing summary in the first paragraph if you want lazy people to read the whole thing. It's like confirming who the murderer of a detective novel is on the first page.

Shoggoth2588

Aug 31, 2009
You know what Susan? You convinced me. I like your reviews anyway after all and I'm curious to find out what ever happened to Conrad...and the Quarian I helped on the Citadel in ME2...and I'm also curious to see what happens if I play through ME and ME2 without getting romantically involved with anybody at all...Either way though, I'm going to wait the week and see if my local indie-shop has it used. I want to see this thing through but I'll buy the game EA wants me to have (fun fact: I've had Bulletstorm for a few weeks and have yet to activate the online pass)

Deadyawn

Jan 25, 2011
Eh, I think I'll wait for a second opinion. Or, like, a bunch more. I'm not really willing to buy this (not to mention download origin) until I know it's had most of the stupid from ME2 removed. If it's the same or worse I'll just wait till it drops in price or something.

Talvrae

The Purple Fairy
Dec 8, 2009
Why can't i play? Why i had an accident that make that my radial nerve of my right hand is not working... cry... I awaited for this games since years