Mass Effect 3: The Wall

Diana Kingston-Gabai

Aug 3, 2010
While this still isn't the ending the trilogy deserved, I have to agree with Susan that the emotional component here is powerful enough that I can just roll my eyes at the Catalyst rather than fly into a rage.

It's enough, really, to have that last goodbye right before the beam, to see Falere and Samara reunited, asari rejoicing on Thessia, krogan babies, Zaeed relaxing on a beach somewhere... and, of course, the minute difference in whether your love interest actually puts your name on the memorial wall or hesitates, as if uncertain... it's closure, and it's satisfying, and it's enough.

Not sure if BioWare stands redeemed in my eyes - the "secret" fourth ending just reeks of immature resentment on the part of the creators - but perhaps it's enough for me to keep an open mind as to whatever their next project may be.

Diana Kingston-Gabai

Aug 3, 2010
Actually, this raises an interesting question for me: can anyone confirm who actually wrote the Extended Cut? I have a hard time believing it was actually the product of Casey Hudson and Mac Walters - the EC may not be intellectually satisfying but it's a damn sight more emotionally satisfying than the original...