Mass Effect 3's Lead Writer Reveals Location Detail and Writing "Hurdles"

Right Hook

May 29, 2011
Really cool, I am totally ready to play this game, it still trips me up to think a game I played in 2007 could have an impact on a game I'll be playing in 2012, whoa.

"Damn you me from five years ago! Why'd you do this to me!!!"

wintercoat

Nov 26, 2011
sumanoskae said:
Come to think of it, how ARE they going get around Shepard being dead from ME2?. They can't just resurrect him again, that would take to long and be pretty Deus Ex Machina.
Hopefully they make it so that you can only import data if you survived the mission, with the dead crew members staying dead. Otherwise they'll be just phoning it in like they did with DA2...

Zeraki

WHAT AM I FIGHTING FOOOOOOOOR!?
Legacy
Feb 9, 2009
New Jersey
Country
United States
sumanoskae said:
Come to think of it, how ARE they going get around Shepard being dead from ME2?. They can't just resurrect him again, that would take to long and be pretty Deus Ex Machina.
If Shepard is dead you can't import your save. That was said not too long after Mass Effect 2 came out.

RJ 17

The Sound of Silence
Nov 27, 2011
I just hope that if you saved the Rachni in the first game you get a rachni "dog" in the 3rd game. That is, a character like the mabari from Dragon Age.

But speaking of characters, what of all the characters that survived the suicide mission? Some like Jack, Zaaed, Kasumi, Samara/Morinth, and Grunt would have likely excuses to leave. But what about Johnson, Miranda, Garrus, Tali, Mordin Solis (thought I read somewhere that he's already been confirmed as a returning character), and Legion (he had better return, you only get to use him for like, 2 missions before the game ends and if you downloaded Kasumi the only way to have everyone survive is to not activate him until after you've completed the main quest)? Everyone in the first game abandons Shepard because Shepard done gone went and got spaced. Will they have another such excuse for Shepard to crew up from scratch? Or will we have a full load of characters from ME 2 as playable characters in ME 3 along with a fresh batch of characters to recruit?

Metalrocks

Jan 15, 2009
im more wondering how much of your choices you have made out through the 2 games will effect in the part 3.
but first, they should get rid of this stupid spyware origin. as long this crap is required, i will not get this game.

ecoho

Jun 16, 2010
Raithious said:
I just hope that if you saved the Rachni in the first game you get a rachni "dog" in the 3rd game. That is, a character like the mabari from Dragon Age.

But speaking of characters, what of all the characters that survived the suicide mission? Some like Jack, Zaaed, Kasumi, Samara/Morinth, and Grunt would have likely excuses to leave. But what about Johnson, Miranda, Garrus, Tali, Mordin Solis (thought I read somewhere that he's already been confirmed as a returning character), and Legion (he had better return, you only get to use him for like, 2 missions before the game ends and if you downloaded Kasumi the only way to have everyone survive is to not activate him until after you've completed the main quest)? Everyone in the first game abandons Shepard because Shepard done gone went and got spaced. Will they have another such excuse for Shepard to crew up from scratch? Or will we have a full load of characters from ME 2 as playable characters in ME 3 along with a fresh batch of characters to recruit?
all romance characters are returning and most if not all others will make camos at least.