Mass Effect 4 protagonist...

DustyDrB

Made of ticky tacky
Jan 19, 2010
I've been saying for years that I'd love to play as a Quarian on his/her pilgrimage. It doesn't have to be some big, bombastic epic. I hate it when people say, "How can you get bigger than a Reaper invasion?". You don't have to.

Catface Meowmers

Bless My Nippers!
Aug 29, 2010
I think whatever they do they should set the story at least 100-150 years after Shephard dies. That way you can still have some characters from the first trilogy around, like Liara and Wrex (I'm pretty sure I remember krogans living that long, maybe not).

That way you can really see how the galaxy's changed and how different places revere the Legend of Shepard, but it's not so far into the future you don't recognize the galaxy.

Ishigami

Sep 1, 2011
DustlessDragoon said:
Nah I say they should go Dragon Age Origins style and let you choose a race and class with they're own tailor made backstories.
That would be awesome.

WashAran

Jun 28, 2012
the next story should be a personel one, cause if they bring up a new galaxy threat it will not hold up.
DustlessDragoon said:
Nah I say they should go Dragon Age Origins style and let you choose a race and class with they're own tailor made backstories.
Agree with you, would be the best approach.

Shilefin

Aug 18, 2011
I want to play as a Hanar warrior with an incredibly masculine, thick, scottish accent, and a particular fondness for battleaxes and biscuits. And Schizophrenia.

That, or letting us create our own character. But I like my suggestion better.

Although I'm not sure if having a Mass Effect 4 wishlist is a reasonable thing here. Bioware has taken a rather steady way downhill, so I'd think most fans would consider the next sequel milking the franchise and raping their beloved universe. As for myself, I think I'll let Dragon Age 3 be the final verdict for the company in my eyes, since I am a merciful consumer.

Gordon Freemonty

Aug 25, 2010
Jynthor said:
DoPo said:
Well, duh, there is only one answer here - a volus adept. The only thing that can measure up to commander Shepard is a biotic god.
I have to wonder, are people who make these jokes actually under the delusion that they're funny?
Excuse me...! That's a bit rude, dontcha think? Chill.

OT: I agree with shilefin. Angus the Scottish Hanar would be awesome.

AnarchistFish

Jul 25, 2011
They should go for a character completely unlike Sheperd. Unknown, brought up in the depths of Omega (or something) and trying to climb up that grimy, bloody ladder. An anti-hero. They should go for full grit. I'd buy that game.

AnarchistFish

Jul 25, 2011
Catface Meowmers said:
I think whatever they do they should set the story at least 100-150 years after Shephard dies. That way you can still have some characters from the first trilogy around, like Liara and Wrex (I'm pretty sure I remember krogans living that long, maybe not).

That way you can really see how the galaxy's changed and how different places revere the Legend of Shepard, but it's not so far into the future you don't recognize the galaxy.
That's actually a pretty good idea.

shrekfan246

Not actually a Japanese pop star
May 26, 2011
Shilefin said:
Although I'm not sure if having a Mass Effect 4 wishlist is a reasonable thing here. Bioware has taken a rather steady way downhill, so I'd think most fans would consider the next sequel milking the franchise and raping their beloved universe. As for myself, I think I'll let Dragon Age 3 be the final verdict for the company in my eyes, since I am a merciful consumer.
Personally, since Dragon Age and Mass Effect are handled by completely separate teams, I'm going to be judging them separately based on their own merits. And really, as long as they bring back the dialogue system from either of the first two but keep the gameplay of the third, I'll be interested no matter what the story is like.

Though I think we should be allowed to choose from the various alien races as the protagonist, too, and unfortunately I don't really see that happening.

sunsetspawn

Jul 25, 2009
Can we stop pretending that "Bioware" is deciding anything. You've got EA's Schutzstaffel stationed at Edmonton making sure things go according to plan, so you're pretty much guaranteed that nothing is going to be made with the care and zeal of yesteryear. And forget about anything being particularly creative or original; this is going to be a by-the-numbers development.

Remember that forgettable, no-necked, fauxhawked dump-truck that was forced into your squad in ME3? What was his name again? Tank, or Brick, or Toughguy or some shit? Welcome to Bioware's future.

Verex

May 31, 2010
I'm hoping that it's like the multiplayer where you can choose your race and back story. If they partner with Berthesda, your character would totally start off in or on their way to prison.

hazabaza1

Want Skyrim. Want. Do want.
Nov 26, 2008
DustlessDragoon said:
Nah I say they should go Dragon Age Origins style and let you choose a race and class with their own tailor made backstories.
After assaulting dudes as a Krogan in ME3 MP I thoroughly agree with this idea.

Neksar

Dec 9, 2010
Fun fact: the multiplayer in ME3 was based off a cancelled Mass Effect FPS.

On topic, I hope that we get to see some of the backstories for some of Mass Effect's races. Things like the Rachni Wars, or the Krogan Rebellion. I want to see the conflicting views about using the Krogan genophage.

IFS

Mar 5, 2012
I'd prefer to see a prequel if anything, perhaps let us play as Garrus during his time as Archangel, building his team and hunting mercs on omega. Alternately I wouldn't mind seeing a game set during the Rachni wars or the Krogan Rebellions, humans weren't part of the galactic community back then so we'd have the choice of one of the other races for our character, like the Asari or Turians.

The Last Nomad

Lost in Ethiopia
Oct 28, 2009
If its a stand alone game (no sequels) and lets you custom create a character of a multitude of races and he/she doesn't have a set name, I'll more than likely be on board.

I'd like a game based on exploration and travelling the universe rather than saving it...

jollybarracuda

Oct 7, 2011
I would like to be able to chose and create my own race and character, and have the people in the world react to that in some small way as they do in the Elder Scrolls games. And i still stand behind the Mass Effect universe being absolutely perfect for a personal story-line. The main character's family gets murdered and he/she's out for revenge, chasing their murderers through the Omega slums and Illium skyscrapers, it could be totally awesome, especially if they make it a bit Deus Ex-like where if you're a Drell your missions will be more stealth-like, or if you're a Krogan you're missions will have a slight action slant to them.

I think the ending of ME3 shouldn't ruin the fact that the universe BioWare built really is ripe with opportunity and it'd be a shame if some publisher misstep ruined all that work by the development team.