Mass Effect 4

DuctTapeJedi

Nov 2, 2010
BloatedGuppy said:
Me...I want to be an Elcor Infiltrator.
I Image searched Elcor, just to make sure I was remembering the right thing, and I found this:

OP: Like everyone else here, my money's on an MMO.
I think I'm leaning towards a Quarian infiltrator.

Zachary Thornburg

Aug 28, 2011
whiteblood said:
There's tons of possibility for good storyline in the Mass Effect universe, and surrounding things of a smiler but still enjoyable nature than saving it all from going to shit. For example, playing a part in the Rachni Wars or the Krogan Rebellions, or maybe the Quarian Exlie. I'd love, LOVE to play a biotic Quarian.
Quarian's aren't biotic, it mentions it a few times in the games.

Conza

Nov 7, 2010
BloatedGuppy said:
We all know perfectly well if they do anything with the ME property going forward, it will be some type of MMO. Me...I want to be an Elcor Infiltrator.
Mmm, hear hear, I think this is a very sound observation, hence I am re-posting it to second it.

An MMO is logical, because there are various races within the ME universe, and it has such a following, it would make sense for them to do that.

If its not a monthly pay type deal (less than or equal to $10 a month), I would also select Infiltrator, possibly Asari or Krogan, make even do the Garrus combo (forgot his race, shamefully :D).

rvbnut

Jan 3, 2011
Well the Shepard story is a trilogy but I doubt that the next one will specifically be called ME4. It might be an MMO, there is a good universe there to play around in.

Andruin

Jan 10, 2011
I think that the three games currently announced are a perfectly self-contained way to tell the Mass Effect story. The producers have said that it was planned as a trilogy, and built as a trilogy. Any games afterwards would, to me, scream of a cash-in. Don't get me wrong, I LOVE Mass Effect. I firmly believe that ME2 was one of the best games of the last five years. I think Bioware are brilliant, and one of the things that makes them brilliant is their consistently amazing writing (Dragon Age 2 notwithstanding). If they do make a ME4, I just don't think I would buy it. Just let the series end on what is sure to be a high note, and let the series go down in history as one of the greats, instead of piddling around for game after game after game, not adding anything to the story. I do NOT want the name "Commander Shepard" to become synonymous with names like Sonic the Hedgehog.

GrizzlerBorno

Sep 2, 2010
An arcade space sim/rpg. Please for the love of all that is holy in the universe, an arcade space sim/rpg!!

To clarify: You pick a race. You buy a ship. You go nuts in the milky way. Best game ever.

neonsword13-ops

~ Struck by a Smooth Criminal ~
Mar 28, 2011
A stealth game where you play Master Assassin: Thane Krios.

Think about it...

It would be a prequel to first the Mass Effect, where young Krios has to endure life as a child. You progress through the game learning different skills as you age. Once you reach a certain age, Thane can accept bounties and missions to his heart's content. He can upgrade his skills like a traditional RPG and can become a better person inside. (PFFT, just kidding) I think it would be a pretty fun game...

Andruin

Jan 10, 2011
And I'm not sure if an MMO is a terrific idea either. World of Warcraft is likely to brutally abuse it like it dropped the soap in a prison shower. You know, like it has with almost every other MMO out there. ESPECIALLY if they utilise the same colourless, WoW-clone style questing/instance/PvP model that The Old Republic looks to be using. Because not only then will Bioware be directly competing with MMO's goliath, but they will also be competing with themselves and unless they keep the dev teams on separate continents, the two games are likely to end up looking, feeling and playing extremely similarly.

Zachary Thornburg

Aug 28, 2011
Andruin brings up a good point, but if BioWare can build a MMO different then WoW, then you've got yourself a new MMO to compete with WoW.

Irony's Acolyte

Back from the Depths
Mar 9, 2010
A prologue game (perhaps set during the Contact war) would be cool, though I'd really like a game similar to DA:O where you can choose which species you play as. I wants to be a Turian! It would be interesting to see what the post-Reaper galaxy would be like (extra coolness if you could import Shepards to affect the galaxy), seeing as humanity would have fully taken it's place in the galaxy.
gellert1984 said:
This one hopes for continued opportunities to humbly spread the words of the Enkindlers.
Oh get a preaching permit.

Nackl of Gilmed

Sep 13, 2010
If they absolutely have to keep making more games in the Mass Effect universe after ME3, and that wouldn't necessarily be a bad thing, I just hope it's not a prequel. Compared to how Mass Effect has been playing out so far, an entire game where I already know how it ends would be a good way to damage the franchise.

Badassassin

Jan 16, 2010
God why does everyone WANT an MMO.

Personally, I can't stand them. What I want is an Elder Scrolls-esque rpg space adventure where you can choose which race to be then go on a big ol' journey.

But seriously... Please no MMO..

latenightapplepie

Nov 9, 2008
neonsword13-ops said:

Think about it...

It would be a prequel to first the Mass Effect, where young Krios has to endure life as a child. You progress through the game learning different skills as you age. Once you reach a certain age, Thane can accept bounties and missions to his heart's content. He can upgrade his skills like a traditional RPG and can become a better person inside. (PFFT, just kidding) I think it would be a pretty fun game...
This.

I want to play as some of the squadmates.

Garrus' C-SEC work, and then vigilante work on Omega.
Samara's being a Justicar.
Jack's life as a gang-member.
ETC

Undead Dragon King

Evil Spacefaring Mantis
Apr 25, 2008
Besides the obvious upcoming MMO (although we'll see! If The Old Republic bombs, EA won't be too eager to try MMO's any time soon), I would like to see something different than a shooter for the franchise. Maybe a RTS game a-la the "Commandos" series which focuses on the Salarian STG and their infiltration missions. Or a trivia board game: "Are you smarter than a big stupid jellyfish?!"

Or maybe an Elcor version of "The Sims"...

"Plaintive request: I really need to sleep. Please direct me to my bed which is far too small for my large frame and provides me with next to no comfort or respite, which can only be upgraded when I acquire the necessary credits for it, which in turn can only be acquired by my work at a dead-end soul-crushing job at which I cannot get promoted because my mood meter is not green enough when I walk out the door..."

...On second thought, I'll be all right with "Garrus: The Omega Chronicles".

Dr. Paine

Oct 26, 2009
neonsword13-ops said:

Think about it...

Sounds fun :)

My vote: More books. I've said it every time this question comes up, a series of books that focus on species history/rise to power would be wonderful (e.g. asari finding the Citadel, more on the Rachni wars, things like that. Stuff that would drag out too long in a game). Other games... -shrug- I have no idea, but hopefully A, not an MMO, and B, allows you to play as different species.

Lizardon

Robot in Disguise
Mar 22, 2010
There are a couple of events mentioned in the past that a game could be based about

The Contact Wars/Humans first discovering Mass Effect technology
The Rachni Wars
The Protheans

Although the downside to doing any of these is that we know the ultimate outcome already and they can't do alternate endings or having your choices effect later games, which is something Bioware seem to like doing.

Infernai

Apr 14, 2009
scnj said:
I'd like a system similar to Dragon Age Origins, where we get a separate origin depending on what species we choose to play as. A quarian would be leaving on pilgrimage for example, or a turian would be a C-Sec enforcer, or a batarian would be working security for Aria on Omega. Either way, whoever we play as, we end up serving aboard a rust bucket ship, running jobs on the slightly illegal side.

Basically, it should be the Mass Effect version of Firefly, to give us a glimpse of the less glamourous side of galactic life, moreso than ME2 showed us. A darker tone would be nice too, sort of a cross between the current ME visual style, crossed with the new Deus Ex colour scheme in places.

As for the ship, it could be something like a converted garbage scow. While I'd love for them to introduce a space flight mechanic like Freelancer or the X games, but that's highly unlikely, so the galaxy map should make a return, but it should look more run down, possibly flickering at times.
Hmm, sounds pretty neato. Only request i have is to add in perhaps an origin for, say "Human Mercenary" and "Drell Assasin" I would say alliance soldier for human but...well, that was done for ME with Shepard. This could probably be a good way to expand the universe and show us the improvements/consequences of Shepards actions after the third game and the galaxy that's trying to pull itself back together. And the organization your character ends up working for is taking full advantage of the galaxies status to try and make a profit from the chaos or reconstruction.

Although, part of me also wouldn't mind playing a game where you take the role of Shepards descendant (Depending on who they were in a relationship with in ME 3), who is stuck living in the shadow of their parent and trying to live up the unrealistic expectations to the point they get tired of it and strike out on their own to get out of their parents shadow.

shadow_Fox81

Jul 29, 2011
my doubts would be with the absence of a primary antognist. And how do you to the reapers genocidal all powerful machine gods that are almost eternal

i guess they could pull the Spectre card, that means they could do masseffect DA origins style. but personally i'd like to play it like Cowboy bebop or Firefly style, a shit ship full of a ragtag bunch scraping money where we can until we get pulled into some hairy shit no matter how hard we avoid it.
as for a good new enemy maybe humanity becomes a massive totalitariun force over the galaxy in the wake of the reaper attacks, maybe even augmenting themselves with reaper technology. ut i need that big enemy to keep me in mass effect.

TakeyB0y2

A Mistake
Jun 24, 2011
I wouldn't mind an interquel between ME1 and ME2, featuring multiple playable characters and different perspectives. A lot of crazy things went down with MANY characters during the two years between ME1 and ME2 and being able to actually experience them instead of just hearing bits and pieces about it would be awesome.