Mass Effect: Andromeda Loses Senior Development Director

Chessrook44

Legacy
Feb 11, 2009
Country
United States
To those speaking about Andromeda's story and how it links, I was always under the impression that it was about some people who left before the Reaper war to try to colonize the Andromeda galaxy or something. So you know... zero connection to Shepard at all.

Elfgore

Your friendly local nihilist
Legacy
Dec 6, 2010
Meh. After the last letdown that was Dragon Age: Inquisition, I really can't bring myself to give too much of a shit about this game. It sounds good on paper, but so did Inquisition. So hearing the senior dev is leaving isn't that worrying to me. I'll still be keeping an eye on it from time to time, just to see what it looks like.

Brucecampbell82

Dec 29, 2015
No thanks. No Drew Karpyshyn, no Mass Effect. Mac Walters who ruined the third game assuming "direct control" of this game? Oh and Bioware employs bigots and racists while marketing themselves as being for diversity. Never getting another cent from me. Have fun selling fanfiction to the tumblr crowd.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q_GpLgAw7D8

Tsun Tzu

Feuer! Sperrfeuer! Los!
Legacy
Jul 19, 2010
Country
Free-Dom
Elfgore said:
Meh. After the last letdown that was Dragon Age: Inquisition, I really can't bring myself to give too much of a shit about this game. It sounds good on paper, but so did Inquisition. So hearing the senior dev is leaving isn't that worrying to me. I'll still be keeping an eye on it from time to time, just to see what it looks like.
All of this.

I just can't bring myself to care overly much about Bioware's output. DA:I wasn't very good. ME3 was...ME3. DA2 was a rush job.

Hell, the last Bioware game I got the most enjoyment out of was SWTOR and that's just because I'm a bit of a Star Wars nerd.

Throw in a lack of race selection and I couldn't give less of a damn what their devs do.

Trunkage

Nascent Orca
Legacy
Jun 21, 2012
Brisbane
I think that everyone's thing is that they thought Bioware originally did a good job at writing. I played Baulder's Gate and 2, and thought they were pretty average. I went back and played them recently and realized how bad they were. ME3 and DA2 are superior story wise of especially the first BG (BG2 was a far better game). It felt like an average night of some DM making up a session of D&D without thinking anything through. DA2 was someone who maybe remembered there was a session tonight and they should prepare something interesting, but is hungover and cant think.

TheSanityAssassin

Jul 24, 2008
I dont get it, most of this article was about the me3 ending. (it wasnt as bad as people remember, i thought it was good.) Can't you let it go already?

Joccaren

Elite Member
Mar 29, 2011
Adam Jensen said:
Isn't ME:A a part of EA's 2017 lineup? I read it on THE ESCAPIST!

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/forums/read/7.886046-EA-Embarrassed-by-How-Good-Its-2017-Releases-Will-Be

We're probably supposed to believe that this will not in any way impact the quality of the game. I don't care because I don't believe in quality of EA games anyway, but if a game that's supposed to be released in 2017 loses its director, that's gonna show. This wasn't a planned departure.
That was clarified in the comments I believe to mean business year 2017, or Tax Year 2017 or something along those lines, I'd have to check. Funnily enough, this year starts late Q1 2016 IIRC.

OT: Yeeeeaaaaaaahh, never heard the name, not going to trust it as something that should be missed. Let me know if they get the original team back together, but ATM... Not expecting great things from Andromeda. I get the feeling its going to be similar to DAI: A passable game, marred by design issues centered on wanting to cater to both the 'lowest common denominator' action audience, as well as the older RPG audience, whilst not really appealing to either, and showing an utter lack of understanding in how to design interesting questlines.