Mass Effect Andromeda's gameplay footage leaked.

Samtemdo8_v1legacy

Aug 2, 2015
And honeslty it looks legit:

Say what you will about Mass Effect I enjoyed all 3 games especially with all the DLCs.

Mass Effect so far is the only game worth a damn from Bioware. Dragon Age lost its way and SWTOR is SWTOR.

Bob_McMillan

Elite Member
Aug 28, 2014
Country
Philippines
It is probably legit.

The graphics look pretty much the same, so I hope that means they put in more effort for lip syncing and animations.

But why oh why do we need "jet packs"? It feels like every single developer thinks that double jumps and boosts are somehow the most next gen and innovative things ever.

CoD has it, Halo has it, Doom has it, Fallout kinda had it, Titanfall has it, Battlefront has it, etc.

To me, the presence of it in Mass Effect is worrying. It is a third person shooter heavily reliant on cover mechanics, when you throw in verticality and jetpacks, how will that affect the combat? It might be cookie cutter, but I actually enjoy Mass Effect's combat.

sanquin

Jun 8, 2011
It was posted on the 1st of april, so I wouldn't immediately say it's legit. But who knows...

Samtemdo8_v1legacy

Aug 2, 2015
sanquin said:
It was posted on the 1st of april, so I wouldn't immediately say it's legit. But who knows...
I realized that aswell. But so far it looks very official. Like mabye this video was going to be like an E3 trailer and Tech Demo for Mass Effect Andromeda and appearently someone leaked it early.

DrownedAmmet

Apr 13, 2015
I think jetpacks and more open levels would be a good thing for Mass Effect
Of course I remember saying the same thing about Dragon Age before Inquisition came out...

nomotog_v1legacy

Jun 21, 2013
DrownedAmmet said:
I think jetpacks and more open levels would be a good thing for Mass Effect
Of course I remember saying the same thing about Dragon Age before Inquisition came out...
That is too true. I hated inquisition's openness. It was grindy and kept you from the story.

sanquin

Jun 8, 2011
Samtemdo8 said:
I realized that aswell. But so far it looks very official. Like mabye this video was going to be like an E3 trailer and Tech Demo for Mass Effect Andromeda and appearently someone leaked it early.
True, it looks official and might very well be real. But then again, the best april fools jokes are the ones you aren't sure are jokes. :p I'll withhold judgement until more info comes out.

nomotog said:
That is too true. I hated inquisition's openness. It was grindy and kept you from the story.
I liked inquisition's open world. But you're right, it did detract from the main story quite a bit.

Adam Jensen_v1legacy

I never asked for this
Sep 8, 2011
I thought that I'd care at least a little. But now I realize just how much I don't give a shit about Mass Effect anymore. I guess that too is an accomplishment of some sort. Well done EA/Bioware.

Sharia

Nov 30, 2015
There was only one decent Mass Effect and that's the first one. Your comment on Bioware and their games is both laughable and incorrect.

DemomanHusband

Sep 17, 2014
See, I think the April Fools bit in the vid is all the graphical fidelity shown off. Lighting on an explosion/smoke from different angles and all that. We all know that Bioware can't actually make a good looking, functional game anymore! Having played Inquisition, I'm kind of surprised they even could before. Playing KOTR really sends me on a trip these days.

Silentpony_v1legacy

Alleged Feather-Rustler
Jun 5, 2013
Oh...Oh my...that's what passes for Legit these days? It looks like one of those God-Awful Source Fan-Comics people do. You know the one, where Shepard is a brooding vampire with blood red eye liner and Ashley Williams is Shakira.

Not good friends, not good.

Diablo2000

Tiger Robocop
Aug 29, 2010
Silentpony said:
Oh...Oh my...that's what passes for Legit these days? It looks like one of those God-Awful Source Fan-Comics people do. You know the one, where Shepard is a brooding vampire with blood red eye liner and Ashley Williams is Shakira.

Not good friends, not good.
Mind you, this is said to be a 2014 build of the game. So it would be a alpha build in a earlier version of the engine than what they are using it today. So it's very likely that the game looks much better, not that we will know it for a fact until E3 comes.

B-Cell_v1legacy

Feb 9, 2016
Sheria said:
There was only one decent Mass Effect: The first one. You're comment on Bioware and its games is both laughable and Incorrect.
First one is just as bad. has even worst combat and shooting.

the entire franchise is gears of wars in space with dialuges labeled as RPG. just cover peak shoot. this time they will make open world because this is the trend nowadays to compete with fallout 4 and witcher 3. waste of time.

Mcgeezaks

The biggest boss
Dec 31, 2009
Sweden
Country
Sweden
B-Cell said:
Sheria said:
There was only one decent Mass Effect: The first one. You're comment on Bioware and its games is both laughable and Incorrect.
First one is just as bad. has even worst combat and shooting.

the entire franchise is gears of wars in space with dialuges labeled as RPG. just cover peak shoot. this time they will make open world because this is the trend nowadays to compete with fallout 4 and witcher 3. waste of time.
Let me guess, it's ''Gears of War in space'' because it has a TPS cover system?

Samtemdo8_v1legacy

Aug 2, 2015
Sheria said:
Please.

I was one of those people that ragged on Mass Effect 2 and 3 for being "Dumbed Down, Inferior, this is not how Mass Effect should have been" and the funny thing is I have not played neither game, I was just following the line of thought of people who disliked Mass Effect 2 and 3 like a sheep. But then I played them and honestly they were not that bad. I like all 3 games equally.

But that is Mass Effect, because when it comes to Dragon Age oh boy:

Now this is where I am more in line with your opinion but the opposite. I LOVED Dragon Age: Origins, especially its PC version, I ate that game up I pretty much did nearly every avaliable quest in that game and got my character to Level Cap. Than I tried Dragon Age 2 and mind you I HAVE played Dragon Age 2 and I just could not get into it. This game is trying to keep 2 styles of gameplay and did not did well in either. The game FAILS as an Action game because it does not have standard features in such a game, No Jumping, No Rolling, no full control of a character's attacks. And it fails as a traditional PC RPG combat game because they removed essential features like the tactical camara.

And the game just looks visually boring. I mean say what you will about the more "derivitive" Fantasy look about Dragon Age Origins at least they put effort in their enviornments and visuals and creature designs.

But that is Dragon Age 2 because I am willing to give the 3rd game a chance. But the news of it being just kill/collect grind of quest is certainly not helping. But then again I still play World of Warcraft.

But anyway I just feel Dragon Age is suffering a Gameplay Identity Crisis. Each 3 games play radically different from each other.

Say what you will at least Mass Effect from 1 all the way to 3 stil "FELT" Like Mass Effect.

FirstNameLastName

Premium Fraud
Nov 6, 2014
MC1980 said:
This looks like someones portfolio meant to show off what they created in the game. Anyone who thinks this is a trailer or anything like that knows absolutely nothing about videogame development.

Nobody should even pretend that this is something official or is approaching a finished product. As far as I know, this is from a 2014 build of the game. Not indicative of anything but the most basic things, like "jetpack" and "krogans are in the game". Though, knowing Bioware, those animations looks stiff enough to be final.
Agreed. When I saw it I thought it looked like some kind of progress report to show which parts have been complete to which degree. I'm kind of annoyed that both the title of the video and the title of the thread are so in accurate. If I were being cynical, I'd call them click-bait, but since I'm a lovely little cherub I'll instead ask how showing about 3 seconds of someone jumping with a jet-pack can really render the video "gameplay foogtage" when the vast vast majority of the video seems to be some kind of internal tech demo displaying visual effects.

Erttheking

Legacy
Oct 5, 2011
Country
United States
I'm not impressed. For gameplay footage, there was about 10 seconds of actual gameplay, and all it showed me was that there were jetpacks now. Not a bad addition, but it doesn't really sell me on the game. The rest is just showing that the game exists and is Mass Effect.

And I'll be blunt, the gameplay was glue that held the actual interesting parts of the game together, the story. I want to know if the story is going to be good, because a Mass Effect game with good gameplay and bad story is like a drink with crappy drink and good ice cubes. It misses the point.