Mass Effect: Andromeda's Multiplayer Tech Test Canceled

spartandude

Nov 24, 2009
Kreett said:
Am I the only one here that thinks multiplayer was Mass Effect 3's saving grace
Actually I agree with you. When it came out I was really skeptical about it. But I really like it. Can't stand the story of the game though but MP keeps me coming back every now and then.

Elijin

Elite Muppet
Legacy
Feb 15, 2009
CaitSeith said:
Oh, so the studio put its own money and made it as a gift to EA. And I thought that game development had budgets. My mistake. Seriously, no one expected ME3 MP to be good until the game was released (they expected it to just be tacked-on like countless other games in the market). But people expected the ending to be as good as ME2 or ME1. The MP fans got lucky that EA decided to get a whole studio to work in what would otherwise been an underwhelming feature (just look at Deux-Ex: Mankind Divided MP for comparison). Even if the MP didn't make the ending worse (even though it was required to play MP to unlock one of the endings), its influence in single-player gameplay and weaponry is still palpable (for better or for worse).

And finally, the microtransactions in the MP guarantee that EA won't take multiplayer away (no matter how much "whining" happens). So, between the ME complainers and the MP defenders, I don't think the former are the ones with their heads on their asses.

PS: Did I mention that I like the multiplayer? Because I do.
Unless you feel like they should have hired an entire new team of writers, budget doesn't really touch the issue of writing. You could argue they needed more time, which goes back to....the separate studio working on completely different project misused that time....how?

And apparently its akin to 'having your head up your ass' having to explain that MP was liked, and had every right to exist every single time a Mass Effect MP discussion happens.

Unless it completely replaces single player, you will never make a decent, coherent argument as to why MP shouldn't co-exist.

Jamcie Kerbizz

Feb 27, 2013
Elijin said:
CaitSeith said:
Elijin said:
Kreett said:
Am I the only one here that thinks multiplayer was Mass Effect 3's saving grace along with Tali? I am massively excited for the multiplayer almost as much as I am for the main game! People need to lighten up and not see everything as another sign of the apocalypse, cuz that's the feel these forums give me sometimes
No. The MP was wildly successful with a great fan base. This community is just a very concentrated selection of negativity. They didn't want it, so why should it exist?
Because they wanted a good ending. Instead the efforts went to the multiplayer. MP was good from the start, while the ending needed to be patched.
Yes, the studio in another country who only worked on the combat and MP could have been writing a better ending.

Do you know how petty and selfish it is to sum up your side of the argument as "I'm unsatisfied with my focus of interest so yours never should have existed. "

People like the MP. Furthermore, those same people are likely to buy the next game. Their feedback is more important than the "ending ruined it, customer lost" crowd. Go be whiny babies elsewhere.
Surprisingly this is the advice I am going to follow. I stopped buying EA games and now Bioware games aren't exception anymore. Since they went from gold standard to garbage fire state. But hey, if someone's desperate, cold and homeless they do greatly appreciate the latter. Sure there will be audience for MEA and its MP driven, microtransaction ridden store front, just not people that enjoyed original game.

Elijin

Elite Muppet
Legacy
Feb 15, 2009
Jamcie Kerbizz said:
Sure there will be audience for MEA and its MP driven, microtransaction ridden store front, just not people that enjoyed original game.
I guess everyone who enjoyed the MP just spontaneously popped into existence, or jumped ship from the latest CoD cause they heard there was MP to be had.

Or you know, that's blatantly wrong, and most people who enjoyed 3 and look forward to ME:A have been with the franchise all along.

ecoho

Jun 16, 2010
CaitSeith said:
ecoho said:
dear lord the amount of stupid and misinformation in this thread is just staggering. the MP in ME3 was done by a separate studio so they had no control over the story that was good save the last 10-15 mins which was mostly fixed with extended cut. now with ME:A the multiplayer is not "required" to get the best ending, it seems like it'll be like the ME3 one were yes it made getting the "best" ending easier it wasn't really required as by about the time I had to go to thessia I had maxed out my war assets and that was without the very good dlc like citadel and leviathan. honestly the hate idiots keep putting on bioware is kind of sad at this point. we get it the game wasn't your cup of tea I get it, I don't like the witcher series but I don't go saying its the worst game ever just because I don't like it.
Speaking of misinformation. Having max war assets didn't unlock the best ending before the Extended Ending DLC. It required that your effective military strength (war assets reduced by the readiness rating) to be 4000 or more. However with single-player you can gather only 3750 EMS at most, and you have to increase the readiness rating by playing MP.

The extended ending reduced the requirement to 3100.

http://masseffect.wikia.com/wiki/War_Assets#Readiness_Rating
well I can honestly say the wiki is wrong I hit 4100 ems without DLC or the multiplayer and this was several months before extended cut. I just did everything in game including scanning every planet and maxing out my ME2 play through(gives you war assets if you had enough minerals at the end of ME2) but hey what do I know I just fucking did it........