Mass Effect Comics Free For 24 Hours

Anezay

Apr 1, 2010
Amethyst Wind said:
Anezay said:
This is what it looks like, by the way:
I got that. I've got all of Redemption and Evolution in my collection (as well as an issue of Hellboy for some reason), no idea how to actually read the things now.
I've also got the Hellboy one. It must be the cause!
On a more realistic note, I've checked the FAQ, got nothing. Site has no forums.

Hagi

Apr 10, 2011
Anezay said:
Amethyst Wind said:
Anezay said:
This is what it looks like, by the way:
I got that. I've got all of Redemption and Evolution in my collection (as well as an issue of Hellboy for some reason), no idea how to actually read the things now.
I've also got the Hellboy one. It must be the cause!
On a more realistic note, I've checked the FAQ, got nothing. Site has no forums.
I think it's just overloaded.

One time after refreshing I got a grey interface that loads over the page and it allowed me to browse through the comic's pages. Was able to read the first 7 pages but it wouldn't load the 8th. When I refreshed I was back to the page you showed.

Anezay

Apr 1, 2010
Hagi said:
I think it's just overloaded.

One time after refreshing I got a grey interface that loads over the page and it allowed me to browse through the comic's pages. Was able to read the first 7 pages but it wouldn't load the 8th. When I refreshed I was back to the page you showed.
Thanks. Maybe it'll be easier to read once the deal is over and this stuff is saved to my account.

Feb 19, 2010
Still getting the grey interface.
still 3 hours left for me though.
EDIT: fuck it, it only ships to the US. guess i will take the 30 minute train ride to that comic shop.

Originality

Dec 25, 2010
Through a fair bit of patient use of the F5 key, I've got all of it now in "My Collection", so they'll be free for me to view once the special offer ends. Too bad I can't even get the first page to load on any of them.

It's also available on the Dark Horse Comics iOS app. Unfortuantely said app crashes constantly on iPad (2) and it's pot luck if you're able to download it or not in the very few times it does manage to get past the title screen. Somehow I've successfully downloaded Redemption #2, although it crashed before I got the chance to read it.

TheKruzdawg

Apr 28, 2010
so this was a big pile of fail. When I finally get the site to load, like every other page is missing.

BrotherRool

Oct 31, 2008
I think I'm going to have to let go my dislike of Mass Effect, everything that happens shows they're massively popular (already one of the most troped works on TVTropes too), I'm clearly going against the flow

Kris015

Some kind of Monster
Feb 21, 2009
Wtf, still says it's not free! Why?

Please someone help before it's too late!

ascorbius

Numberwanger
Nov 18, 2009
Looks like Dark Horse Digital was Commander Shepherd's favourite store on the Citadel. (Sorry.. had to be done)

..I should go.

..Okay, Okay.. stop throwing things :)

ascorbius

Numberwanger
Nov 18, 2009
They're not free anymore.

I do feel a little suckered in that they were free but the servers were so hammered that I couldn't get them.. but, I love the Mass Effect universe so I've purchased them anyway.

Note to Dark Horse though - Sort your shit out!

Zeraki

WHAT AM I FIGHTING FOOOOOOOOR!?
Legacy
Feb 9, 2009
New Jersey
Country
United States
Well that sucked, finally managed to get the page to load and it was over. They really should have thought that through better. Most of the 24 hours were wasted on downtime. Oh well, world keeps spinnin'.

flagship

Feb 5, 2011
ascorbius said:
They're not free anymore.

I do feel a little suckered in that they were free but the servers were so hammered that I couldn't get them.. but, I love the Mass Effect universe so I've purchased them anyway.

Note to Dark Horse though - Sort your shit out!
Good money making strategy, make something free but impossible to get then count on the few who are now hooked on obtaining them for a nice profit.

Neferius

Sep 1, 2010
Wait... this doesn't make sense!
Why would Cerberus want to muscle-in on Aria's business?
I mean, what exactly do they stand to gain from controlling a strip-joint o_O?

barash

Mar 29, 2010
Neferius said:
Wait... this doesn't make sense!
Why would Cerberus want to muscle-in on Aria's business?
I mean, what exactly do they stand to gain from controlling a strip-joint o_O?
Uhm, did you play ME2?

Because Aria is the de-facto ruler of a crime-syndicate that controls an effin huge space-station with millions of beings, and thus has her smexy blue fingers in legal and illegal pies all over the galaxy.

Sense, You make none. :)

K_Dub

Oct 19, 2008
Well shit. I completely missed out. Guess that's what I get for playing outside for an entire day.