Mass Effect Fan Builds Amazing LEGO Normandy

Andy Chalk

One Flag, One Fleet, One Cat
Nov 12, 2002
Mass Effect Fan Builds Amazing LEGO Normandy

We're not likely to see LEGO Mass Effect anytime soon, but here's the next best thing: A huge, highly-detailed replica of the SR2 Normandy, complete with everything, constructed entirely out of those famous, colorful plastic bricks.

How does one adequately convey the pure, uncut awesomeness of something like this without drooling on the keyboard and f-bombing everything in sight? It's not easy, so bear with me: What we've got here is a 1.26-meter-long model of the Normandy, the real star of Mass Effect 2 [http://www.amazon.com/Mass-Effect-2-Xbox-360/dp/B001TORSII/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=videogames&qid=1278692193&sr=1-1], recreated in LEGO with a level of detail that can only be described as freakin' stunning.

How freakin' stunning? The main docking hatch aft of the cockpit opens and closes. So does the hangar bar. And you know what's inside the hangar bay? A freakin' Kodiak shuttle! With independently swiveling engines! And inside of that you can stick two little LEGO dudes!

Then, of course, there's the retractable Thanix cannons. "The Thanix system was a little tricky to install," builder Ben Fellowes [http://www.mocpages.com/home.php/14120] wrote, "because of the shape, location, size and need not only to be retractable without trace, but include cylindrical barrels which extend and retract back into the cannons themselves."

Fellowes didn't reveal how many hours it took to build this beast, but I'm pretty sure it's not something he pulled off in an afternoon. This is an amazing piece of work, right down the Cerberus stand it sits on, and if I may be permitted to borrow a phrase popular among the young hipsters of the digital era: Do want. Get a look at the full collection of LEGO Normandy photos at MOCpages.com [http://www.mocpages.com/moc.php/188396].

Katherine Kerensky

Why, or Why Not?
Mar 27, 2009
Damn, that must have taken a hell of a long time to build...
Unfortunately, despite how cool it is, and how much time and energy (and devotion) must have gone into it, I do not want one...
Because I have no room for something like that. I would not risk damaging it...

Galad

Nov 4, 2009
I can already see something similar coming in the box of ME3's Collectors edition and this guy getting hired to help with doing it :D

DancePuppets

Nov 9, 2009
That is so very awesome! I used to love LEGO but I doubt I could have ever built something that cool!

Hutchy_Bear

May 12, 2009
Well Lego is buying up all kind of rights to use (Star Wars, Indiana Jones, Halo) so maybe Mass Effect could be next on the list? Not likely but not impossible.

TheNumber1Zero

Forgot to Remember
Jul 23, 2009
This may have been said by another User before, but this makes it officially awesome enough to be News!
There was no doubt of its Level of Awesome of course.
By the way, I like it, if you couldn't tell.

Once again I tip my Cap to Ben Fellowes.

Jared

The British Paladin
Jul 14, 2009
I want it so bad! Imagine having that sat on your mantlepiece it would be so cool

Quite a conversation starter lol

ma55ter_fett

Oct 6, 2009
I'd buy one, if only to scare off women who might want to start up relationships with me.

"I have a 1.26 meter long lego Normandy at home, it cost $X.XX dollars, and no you can not touch it."

spin that^ shit right and she could charge you with sexual harrasment.

Zeraki

WHAT AM I FIGHTING FOOOOOOOOR!?
Legacy
Feb 9, 2009
New Jersey
Country
United States
I... but... this... wow.

That right there is a vision of awesomeness. I'd really like to see a Lego version of Sovereign now... or would that be too awesome and cause reality to rupture?

slimeonline

is wondering how long this can b
Mar 22, 2010
WOW, that's awesome!!!! Well played

1.26 meters that's bigger than my TV!!!!!!!!!

Aptspire

Mar 13, 2008
That's How LEGO can always stay near the top of the news:Its massive and varied fanbase :D
props on the guy for making that Normandy :)

The Critic

Apr 3, 2010
This. Is. AWESOME!!!

Really, about the only thing that could top this is a LEGO Death Star....