Mass Effect Fans Stand By Child's Play

Abedeus

Sep 14, 2008
FelixG said:
Abedeus said:
In before "OMG THIS DOESN'T MEAN ANYTHING" and "YOU ARE ALL STILL TOO ENTITLED WTF BBQ" posts.

Or the more annoying variant, "This is just a vocal minority, the truth is out there!!".
il get in on this inb4.

I am glad it was only a handful of people, and I am also not surprised the previous statement about hordes of people wanting the money back was a spin.
If by spin you mean a blatant lie, then yeah.

Mournblade94

Apr 11, 2012
DVS BSTrD said:
Fappy said:
Its good to see the charity finally come out and confirm this. People were really blowing the refund thing out of proportions. Generalizations are a specialty of the gaming community >.>
Hey the people in charge of Retake Mass Effect said as much when they announced the cancellation two weeks ago! But no one listens to a bunch of spoiled fanboys. Did you hear about the campaign to take Dark Souls off GFWL? FIRST they want a company to keep it's promises and NOW they want to actually be able to PLAY a game!?!THE NERVE OF SOME PEOPLE! Why Back in my day...
The entitlement of gamers who feel they should be able to play a game they paid for is apalling.

Lionsfan

I miss my old avatar
Jan 29, 2010
Well glad to see the truth has come out, and that most of the negatives was just spin

Sutter Cane

Jun 27, 2010
Mournblade94 said:
DVS BSTrD said:
Fappy said:
Its good to see the charity finally come out and confirm this. People were really blowing the refund thing out of proportions. Generalizations are a specialty of the gaming community >.>
Hey the people in charge of Retake Mass Effect said as much when they announced the cancellation two weeks ago! But no one listens to a bunch of spoiled fanboys. Did you hear about the campaign to take Dark Souls off GFWL? FIRST they want a company to keep it's promises and NOW they want to actually be able to PLAY a game!?!THE NERVE OF SOME PEOPLE! Why Back in my day...
The entitlement of gamers who feel they should be able to play a game they paid for is apalling.
so you're comparing a game not having an ending you like to a game not being functional? Yeah, those 2 things are totally equivalent.

JediMB

Oct 25, 2008
Redlin5 said:
Nice to hear that the fans realize taking money away from children because it wasn't directed at making a new ending for them doesn't help their cause. Good on you. Now send me cupcakes.
My donation served a dual purpose in that...

1) It was $10 going to a nice charity. (I've donated to Child's Play before.)

2) It was $10 I wouldn't be spending on ME3 DLC. (A message to EA.)

JediMB

Oct 25, 2008
Sutter Cane said:
Mournblade94 said:
DVS BSTrD said:
Fappy said:
so you're comparing a game not having an ending you like to a game not being functional? Yeah, those 2 things are totally equivalent.
Or he's saying that the ending isn't functional. Which is an argument one can make, purely from analyzing the narrative. (Not even taking into account core game mechanics and promised features.)

grigjd3

Mar 4, 2011
So a few people within a large group with a contentious goal did something less than generous and it gone blown way out of proportion on the internet and by the news media that eventually picked it up. I am so SHOCKED. In fact, I am dumb-founded. I would never have expected this.

In other news, the sun rose today and a politician was caught snorting cocaine off a prostitute paid for by a third party corporation. After the commercial break we'll present the 30% chance of rain forecast.

Lethos

Dec 9, 2010
It was overblown? Really? I'm shocked. The media has never overblown controversial stories in order to gain more hits before. Never.

Chairman Miaow

CBA to change avatar
Nov 18, 2009
Definitely noting a huge absence of "OMGENTITLEDNESSEVERYWAR!".

Although there are a few posts basically trying to do that while completely ignoring the bullshit lie told by the Penny Arcade guy.

Podunk

Dec 18, 2008
Andy Chalk said:
Mass Effect Fans Stand By Child's Play

It's heartening to hear that the stories of aggrieved Mass Effect fans demanding their money back because it wasn't going to buy them a new ending were overblown.

Everything about the Mass Effect 'movement' was overblown. Which is why it took so long for people to understand it and discuss it in a serious manner. The internet as a whole (including outlets and individuals I had come to expect better from) decided from the get-go it would be more fun just to go 'lol, entitled' then to actually look at the matter at hand.

SageRuffin

M-f-ing Jedi Master
Dec 19, 2009
The fact that these guys even used the charity as a front for this whole "movement" disgusts me. Seriously, what did "retaking Mass Effect" have to do with helping unfortunate kids? Are the kids gonna make a "better" ending for ME3 for you?

To be honest, I dunno what's worse: people demanding their money back for donating or the entire movement to begin with...

wintercoat

Nov 26, 2011
SageRuffin said:
The fact that these guys even used the charity as a front for this whole "movement" disgusts me. Seriously, what did "retaking Mass Effect" have to do with helping unfortunate kids? Are the kids gonna make a "better" ending for ME3 for you?

To be honest, I dunno what's worse: people demanding their money back for donating or the entire movement to begin with...
So what, you would rather there not be a charity drive than said drive have a less than perfect reason? It disgusts you that people were given a focus for donating their money? Who gives a fuck what that focus was. Are the kids going to care that the Retake Mass Effect drive was the one that paid for their stuff? Do you think they should turn down any money that isn't 100% altruistic in origin?

FFHAuthor

Aug 1, 2010
JediMB said:
Or he's saying that the ending isn't functional. Which is an argument one can make, purely from analyzing the narrative. (Not even taking into account core game mechanics and promised features.)
Shhh, stop using reason, the opposition doesn't like it when we do that...besides, they've taken to simply ignoring counter arguments in favor of the 'you're entitled' braying.

SageRuffin

M-f-ing Jedi Master
Dec 19, 2009
wintercoat said:
So what, you would rather there not be a charity drive than said drive have a less than perfect reason? It disgusts you that people were given a focus for donating their money? Who gives a fuck what that focus was. Are the kids going to care that the Retake Mass Effect drive was the one that paid for their stuff? Do you think they should turn down any money that isn't 100% altruistic in origin?
If you wanna donate your dollars to whatever or whoever, I certainly can't stop you. It doesn't mean I have to agree with it though.

Samantha Burt

Jan 30, 2012
Can I point something out that seems to have been missed: they said people ask for refunds from stolen credit cards. Stealing money to donate it to charity? The epitome of Neutral Good, it seems.