TheMysteriousGX

Elite Member
Legacy
Sep 16, 2014
Country
United States
It'd probably be funny if it weren't the Standard Gamer Take™️
Not all butt shots are created equal.

Anywho, I'm excited. Didn't play too much of one, none of two, and when I played through 3 on a rental I chose the "and everybody died" backstory, so most of this will be new to me.

I also don't care about butts, so no downsides beside missing the multi-player

Dalisclock

Making lemons combustible again
Legacy
Escapist +
Feb 9, 2008
A Barrel In the Marketplace
Country
Eagleland
It'd probably be funny if it weren't the Standard Gamer Take™️
Not all butt shots are created equal.

Anywho, I'm excited. Didn't play too much of one, none of two, and when I played through 3 on a rental I chose the "and everybody died" backstory, so most of this will be new to me.

I also don't care about butts, so no downsides beside missing the multi-player
I accidently picked the "Reapers kill everyone" ending my first time finishing 3, because I found the little space brat annoying and shot him, almost as a joke. I didn't realize that would trigger the bad ending. And then I had to go to bed because I had work in the morning and it was already late. So i got to go to sleep to that.

In retrospect, it feels more natural then "Pick a color, any color", especially when they were originally set up as Robot Space Cthulus and eventually were distilled down to "Oh, you win Shepherd. We were only killing everyone for your own good. Pick a color" because reasons.

TheMysteriousGX

Elite Member
Legacy
Sep 16, 2014
Country
United States
I accidently picked the "Reapers kill everyone" ending my first time finishing 3, because I found the little space brat annoying and shot him, almost as a joke. I didn't realize that would trigger the bad ending. And then I had to go to bed because I had work in the morning and it was already late. So i got to go to sleep to that.

In retrospect, it feels more natural then "Pick a color, any color", especially when they were originally set up as Robot Space Cthulus and eventually were distilled down to "Oh, you win Shepherd. We were only killing everyone for your own good. Pick a color" because reasons.
I think I went with green flavored? Whichever one that meant i didn't kill the newly emergent Geth I helped create.
I think it was pre extended ending.

Zeraki

WHAT AM I FIGHTING FOOOOOOOOR!?
Legacy
Feb 9, 2009
New Jersey
Country
United States
I think I went with green flavored? Whichever one that meant i didn't kill the newly emergent Geth I helped create.
I think it was pre extended ending.
I went with Control my first time beating the game pre-extended cut. Simply because my thought process was "Ok, so I'll just take over the Reapers and then have them all fly into stars and destroy themselves. That way I can still destroy the Reapers while the Geth and EDI don't have to die".

All three endings were against everything my Shepard stood for though.

meiam

Elite Member
Dec 9, 2010

iirc the "shoot the kid" option was added with the extended ending is kinda a middle finger from the writer to everyone who though the star child was one of teh worst thing about the game and just wanted it gone.

Gordon_4

The Big Engine
Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
Australia
I went with Control my first time beating the game pre-extended cut. Simply because my thought process was "Ok, so I'll just take over the Reapers and then have them all fly into stars and destroy themselves. That way I can still destroy the Reapers while the Geth and EDI don't have to die".

All three endings were against everything my Shepard stood for though.
That was how I interpreted the Control Ending. Then I installed the Mass Effect 3 Happy Ending Mod. It’s awesome.

Jarrito3002

Elite Member
Jun 28, 2016
Country
United States
Firstly I am glad there will be gameplay improvements to ME1. Cause there is no gunplay in ME1 you have volatile wizards wands in the shape of guns but no that is not guns. Kudos to anyone who played Infiltrator cause how just how. But I don't want them to get rid of all the jank cause running over high hp enemeis and mini bosses with the mako. Its just so dumb but great.

As for the Mirandas ass nontroversey it is what is it. Like I love me some Miranda ass it was like the first video game ass that had some shape to it in a world of pancake polygons. But even my peak horny toad high school self thought the scenes where Miranada is laying out here life story and screwed up origins the camera with a hard cam shot of her ass was not necessary and really killing and deflating this important character moment.

Overall I am excited for this remaster. Mass Effect has probably one of my favorite sci fi worlds of all time and ending withstanding I thought it was meh but apparently it was that infamous but looking back so many Ls need to be held by a lot of people.

Zeraki

WHAT AM I FIGHTING FOOOOOOOOR!?
Legacy
Feb 9, 2009
New Jersey
Country
United States
Firstly I am glad there will be gameplay improvements to ME1. Cause there is no gunplay in ME1 you have volatile wizards wands in the shape of guns but no that is not guns. Kudos to anyone who played Infiltrator cause how just how.
Infiltrator was actually fun in ME1 because you could basically turn yourself into a walking tank. Explosive rounds and frictionless materials to off-set the heat generation. I did my Insanity playthrough with an infiltrator and guys just went flying when I shot them.

SilentPony

Previously known as an alleged "Feather-Rustler"
Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
Corner of No and Where
So the game is out and reviews are...mixed. Apparently when they said the game was now in widescreen what they meant to say is the gameplay is mostly in widescreen, but all the cutscenes and dialogue scenes are back to the original game ratios, and the game is constantly loading between the two ratios. And seeing how this is a series with a shitload of dialogue, I think a lot of people are gonna be annoyed as fuck.

Reactions: BrawlMan