Mass Effect Trilogy HD Remaster For PS4/Xbox One Being Considered

Steven Bogos

The Taco Man
Jan 17, 2013
Mass Effect Trilogy HD Remaster For PS4/Xbox One Being Considered

Bioware General Manager Aaryn Flynn says a PS4/Xbox One remastering of Mass Effect has been discussed internally.

Those of you who missed out on Bioware's Mass Effect trilogy the first time around may be in for another chance, as Bioware General Manager Aaryn Flynn has stated that a HD remastering of the games for the PS4 and Xbox One is something the studio is considering. "We have discussed that internally," said Flynn over Twitter [https://twitter.com/AarynFlynn/status/440158741787197440], responding to a fan request about a potential HD re-release. "If we can put solid plans together we'll share," he added.

[tweet t=https://twitter.com/AarynFlynn/status/440158741787197440]

HD re-releases for (next)current-gen systems seem to be Mass Effect 3 [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/130327-Tomb-Raider-Definitive-Edition-Coming-to-Next-Gen-Consoles] was made available for the Wii U, but as of now, there's no way to experience the original Mass Effect and Mass Effect 2 on next-gen (unless, of course, you're a PC gamer).

Bioware Montreal has taken over development duties on Mass Effect, with original developer Bioware Edmonton now working on a brand new IP. The story of Mass Effect 4 won't relate to Shepard or the events of the previous three games, and is reportedly already in a playable state [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/130675-Mass-Effect-4-Is-Playable-BioWare-Boss-Teases-On-Twitter], while the new IP will share "core systems" with Dragon Age 3.

Source: Twitter [https://twitter.com/AarynFlynn/status/440158741787197440]

alj

Master of Unlocking
Nov 20, 2009
Nice to know that more people will get a chance to play this amazing trilogy. Whist your at it can you patch the original mass effect on pc to fix the poor textures on garus please they where not always like that.

Dragonlayer

Aka Corporal Yakob
Dec 5, 2013
I don't care that I already have the complete trilogy box-set for the PS3; I would be prepared to get them all again for the PS4.

008Zulu_v1legacy

Sep 6, 2009
If they think it'll sell, all the power to them. I'm sure the extra high res textures will look nice as the story and plot fall apart.

putowtin

I'd like to purchase an alcohol!
Jul 7, 2010
Release ME3 Game of the Year Edition!

Seriously guys, have you seen the price of DLC on the PC!?

CriticalMiss

Jan 18, 2013
The infinite power of the Xbone cloud will make the games truly spectacular, last gen consoles just couldn't handle the processing power needed to put a colour filter over a video which is the only reason why people disliked the ending of ME3 so much!

Neurotic Void Melody

Bound to escape
Legacy
Jul 15, 2013
Ok...i have to ask...seriously, why?

The trilogy is all in HD anyway, the majority of console owners are still using last gen and this would only serve as a slight polishing, repackaged and sold at a higher...

....Oh! NOW i understand what bandwagon they're attempting to jump on when they made these consoles non-backwards compatible. Twats!

alj

Master of Unlocking
Nov 20, 2009
Xsjadoblayde said:
Ok...i have to ask...seriously, why?

The trilogy is all in HD anyway, the majority of console owners are still using last gen and this would only serve as a slight polishing, repackaged and sold at a higher...

....Oh! NOW i understand what bandwagon they're attempting to jump on when they made these consoles non-backwards compatible. Twats!
for mass effect 2 and 3 i agree its far too soon and not needed, but the original is in some serious needs of higher resolution textures for all platforms.

TerribleAssassin

Apr 11, 2010
I'm down for that, missed ME3 because fuck Origin.

Also, Suicide Mission was great, worth buying for that alone.

digital warrior

Oct 17, 2008
Now releasing the mass effect trilogy. Filled with extras, and all the dlc. Experience the journey of a series who's character writing keep getting better (except for a few outliers like the illusive man, Miranda, and Kie "fu you cheap illogical sob" Lang) while the actual story got worse. Come join the disappointment as you play for 60+ hours only for the ending to kick you in the balls. Available now.

Branindain

Jul 3, 2013
I would consider purchasing this, I was somewhat interested in Mass Effect but as a PlayStation owner I wasn't about to start from number 2, that seems counter to the very idea of the game.

Andy Shandy

Fucked if I know
Jun 7, 2010
If this comes with all the DLC, I'd definitely be tempted to pick this up again. Playing through the trilogy at the moment, and while it's great, a few improvements could definitely be made on a next-gen version.

VoltySquirrel

Feb 5, 2009
As one of the weirdos who actually liked the original ending and hated the extended cut, I sincerely hope that if they do do this, you have the option to choice which you get. Because seriously, fuck the extended cut.

Mar 9, 2012
It might actually be worth it if Bioware would take time to improve upon some of ME3's low effort moments (seriously, quite a few of these were painfully obvious) and fix the broken quest journal, iron out some of the other oversights in the rest of the trilogy, and include all the DLC in the package.

(Well, yeah, it would nice if something was done about the ending, but I have long since accepted it is impossible...)

Casual Shinji

Should've gone before we left.
Legacy
Jul 18, 2009
Well, I'm a sucker for "that thing you liked, but shinier", so if they present me with a nice all-inclussive package, I might pick this up.

It'd be nice if they could fix the frame rate and the texture load issues in the first game at least. I don't know how much more they could pretty up the sequels though.

Britishfan

Jan 9, 2013
Wow, that took all of 3 comments before we got to the inevitable ending/overall plot of ME3 comments; I think we've discussed that to death now and we can [nearly] all agree that there were serious screw ups in the plot of ME3, and a lot of a wasted potential.

OT: Can we get a HD edition of ME1 for the PC to? Not too bothered about ME2 & 3 at the moment, because they came out relatively recently and aren't that far behind the graphical curve. And yes, the including the all or at least most DLC would be the sensible choice, but I will be very surprised if EA understand that.

Genocidicles

Sep 13, 2012
If it comes with all the DLC on disc, then I'll pick it up.

If it's anything like the trilogy collection available now (which has next to none of the DLC) I'll give it a miss.

Spushkin

Nov 2, 2011
There already is the trilogy edition, which is cool for PS3 owners, since they've missed the first game. I have been postponing buying it, though, in the faint hope that there might be something coming for the PS4. If I can choose, I'd rather get the shinier version of something I haven't played before, without paying twice for it.

erbkaiser

Romanorum Imperator
Jun 20, 2009
Branindain said:
I would consider purchasing this, I was somewhat interested in Mass Effect but as a PlayStation owner I wasn't about to start from number 2, that seems counter to the very idea of the game.
Mass Effect 1 was released through the PSN a while back, so you can now actually play the entire trilogy on the PS3. The PS3 version of ME1 includes the Bring Down the Sky DLC, sadly not Pinnacle Station as apparently Bioware lost the files for it (sounds weird, but that's the excuse).