Mass shooting in Main

Specter Von Baren

Annoying Green Gadfly
Legacy
Aug 25, 2013
I don't know, send help!
Country
USA
Exact numbers are still varied between different news stations but it seems there's at least double digit numbers of dead.

Thaluikhain

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 16, 2010
Thoughts and prayers...
Now's not the time to try and do something...
2nd Amendment...

That's how this goes right?
Don't forget, if he's part of a minority, is their fault and why aren't they condemning such things, if he's not it's due to video games or whatever.

Reactions: bluegate

Baffle

Elite Member
Oct 22, 2016
Looking forward to being told knives kill people too.

Events like this are so terribly sad. Someone goes out one day and then, that's it, they just don't go home. Someone's sitting at home waiting for them, and they're just not going to be there. Everything's changed, on what? A coin flip? Just bad luck that you couldn't do anything about? Just so fucking sad that people value others so little.

Reactions: BrawlMan

gorfias

Unrealistic but happy
Legacy
May 13, 2009
Country
USA
Odd time to do a thread like this...

1698320309897.png

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
Another day, another Mass shooter killing people because they couldn't make it in life, have nothing better to do, or are pathetic shitheads thinking it's their God given right to kill whoever they want because of dumb reasons.

Xprimentyl

Made you look...
Legacy
Aug 13, 2011
Plano, TX
Country
United States
Another day, another Mass shooter killing people because they couldn't make it in life, have nothing better to do, or are pathetic shitheads thinking it's their God given right to kill whoever they want because of dumb reasons.
The suspect supposedly has serious mental health issues, i.e.: hears voices and whatnot. Despite it looking like the routine, let's not equate it to the types you're disparaging.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
The suspect supposedly has serious mental health issues, i.e.: hears voices and whatnot. Despite it looking like the routine, let's not equate it to the types you're disparaging.
I'm not going to argue over you with this right now, but I doubt it. If he does, then I'm still not exactly in the best mood to show some sympathy. We've all been hearing and seeing too many cases of people who aren't exactly mentally ill, but kill for the pettiest reasons or to please some jackasses that don't give two shits about them, but more than happy to be used by them. The problem is the system of course, but the same system keeps giving guns to people who are either not mentally equipped, never grew up past high school and early college, or just plain sociopaths. And whenever there are signs of these shooters about to act on threats (especially on large social media websites), the police never act on them until it's way too late. So excuse me for feeling pissed off right now, and not crying much for the shooter(s) involved, regardless of mental state.

Some of this hits personal to me, because I knew someone who lost a loved one to a mass shooting. That as far as I'm going to go.

Last edited:

gorfias

Unrealistic but happy
Legacy
May 13, 2009
Country
USA
...I'm sorry, are you FUCKING comparing this to what's going on in a literal warzone?! I wasn't aware that mass shooters were soldiers.
I wasn't aware terrorists are soldiers.
The simple fact is, and it is a fact, gun control doesn't work and tends to end up with 10s of millions of people murdered by their own government. Never forget.
EDIT: You do realize there are a ton of terrorists that despise the US and we have basically open borders with 10s of millions of people here illegally. I guarantee you some of them are terrorists. Today civilian targets in Israel. Tomorrow? May be coming to a open air event near you.

Last edited:
Reactions: Specter Von Baren

Casual Shinji

Should've gone before we left.
Legacy
Jul 18, 2009
I wasn't aware terrorists are soldiers.
The simple fact is, and it is a fact, gun control doesn't work and tends to end up with 10s of millions of people murdered by their own government. Never forget.
EDIT: You do realize there are a ton of terrorists that despise the US and we have basically open borders with 10s of millions of people here illegally. I guarantee you some of them are terrorists. Today civilian targets in Israel. Tomorrow? May be coming to a open air event near you.
Totally! I remember when gun control in my country got 10 million people killed. Or like that one other country with gun control where the government murdered millions of its own citizens, that I'm sure you have an example of.

gorfias

Unrealistic but happy
Legacy
May 13, 2009
Country
USA
Totally! I remember when gun control in my country got 10 million people killed. Or like that one other country with gun control where the government murdered millions of its own citizens, that I'm sure you have an example of.
There's a more comprehensive list I'm looking for but for starters:
1698333543435.png

Casual Shinji

Should've gone before we left.
Legacy
Jul 18, 2009
View attachment 9927
Funny how that's not happening now with countries that have strict gun laws. Almost like gun control and genocidal dictators have very little to do with one another.

You might want to look up another list. Like the one that ranks America on safety. Spoiler; they're nowhere near the top.

Silvanus

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 15, 2013
Country
United Kingdom
View attachment 9927
Complete ahistoric bollocks with regards to the Nazis. The 1938 German law categorically did not "take guns away". There was previously a blanket ban on personal gun ownership under the Weimar Republic until 1928 (to comply with Versailles disarmament provisions). The 1938 law introduced by the Nazis actually deregulated gun ownership, comparative to the system in place before.

gorfias

Unrealistic but happy
Legacy
May 13, 2009
Country
USA
Funny how that's not happening now with countries that have strict gun laws. Almost like gun control and genocidal dictators have very little to do with one another.

You might want to look up another list. Like the one that ranks America on safety. Spoiler; they're nowhere near the top.
Today. More below.

Complete ahistoric bollocks with regards to the Nazis. The 1938 German law categorically did not "take guns away". There was previously a blanket ban on personal gun ownership under the Weimar Republic until 1928 (to comply with Versailles disarmament provisions). The 1938 law introduced by the Nazis actually deregulated gun ownership, comparative to the system in place before.

I'm sure many well meaning people institute gun control but a Hitler can then take advantage of it. I doubt they made it easier for Jews to get guns in 1938. EDIT: https://wyoleg.gov/InterimCommittee/2019/01-201910313-04Handout.pdf
At what pace the descent can happen is increasingly unclear. We see, for instance, Canada descending into a Fascist totalitarian Hellscape in which people are losing their rights as their "leader" speaks of how much he is against people protesting to actually change things. Will there be death camps and killing fields in their very near future? How far off? And gun control will help the state do this to its people.
It can happen incredibly fast. Here in the USA we knew things would be bad if Biden replaced Trump but this bad? WW3? People getting fired from private sector jobs for not taking the clot shot? Intelligence agents telling private companies to censure wrong think? And you've got "Senile Hitler" telling us how unimportant gun and speech rights are? I feel like we're sinking fast. Who knew it could happen so quickly.

CaitSeith

Formely Gone Gonzo
Legacy
Jun 30, 2014
Odd time to do a thread like this...
Yeah, because who needs to talk about events currently happening in your own country? /s

If you don't want to talk about the mass shooting in Maine, you're free to not read anything and move on. No one is putting a gun on your head to come to the thread and post paranoid memes that makes your position look bad.