Mass Shooting in Plymouth UK.

Dwarvenhobble

Is on the Gin
May 26, 2020

Five people, including a three-year-old girl, were killed in a six-minute mass shooting in the Keyham area of Plymouth on Thursday evening - the worst such event in Britain since 2010. Two more people were injured.

Despite officers arriving at the scene within six minutes, the gunman had already killed his 51-year-old mother Maxine...... before going outside and "immediately" shooting dead three-year-old Sophie Martyn and her 43-year-old father Lee Martyn in the street, police said on Friday.
Eyewitness Sharron, who lives nearby and did not want to give her full name, described "shouting, followed by gunshots" and told the BBC how the shooter kicked in the door of a house and then "randomly started shooting".
Police said the incident, the worst mass shooting in Britain since 2010, was not terror-related. However, [The Shooter, I'm removing his name cause fuck you if you think just because the BBC article uses your name that I'll keep it in the quote] made references to "incels" in some online social media videos.
[The Shooter] had posted hate-filled online rants about single mothers and about his own mother in particular, calling her "vile, dysfunctional and chaotic".

Reactions: gorfias

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
Cowards. Hard to downplay something when it's already front and center. How the hell you going to downplay him he's probably at all that all right crap in his home? Who the hell you trying to fool, your masters?

bluegate

Elite Member
Legacy
Dec 28, 2010
I wonder if all the right wingers who were eager to have a go at China because of covid-19 feel any responsibility towards this incident.

Probably not, responsibility is something for other people.

XsjadoBlayde

~it ends here~
Apr 29, 2020
Various systemic failures at work here that should've contributed to forms of intervention beforehand. Local councils and the NHS being underfunded and overworked by tory-led austerity ideology, amongst other culprits for example.

Anyway, how the hell did this fucklechuck obtain a gun license?? Only ppl I know with any are farmers so far. If this basement dwelling sourpuss neckbeard can can get one, surely muggins here has a chance?

Baffle

Elite Member
Oct 22, 2016
Police were suspiciously quick to declare it non-terror-related, certainly before there was time to investigate that fact. I mean, they'd established he was white, but that about al ... oh.

Reactions: bluegate

Baffle

Elite Member
Oct 22, 2016
Or Mock people who say that sarcastically when it's the more normal kind of attack in the UK from a ISIS devotee.....
That is indeed what people were saying when the news first broke and the identity of the terrorist was unclear. They pivoted to mental health pretty quickly afterwards.

Reactions: Seanchaidh

Dwarvenhobble

Is on the Gin
May 26, 2020
Various systemic failures at work here that should've contributed to forms of intervention beforehand. Local councils and the NHS being underfunded and overworked by tory-led austerity ideology, amongst other culprits for example.

Anyway, how the hell did this fucklechuck obtain a gun license?? Only ppl I know with any are farmers so far. If this basement dwelling sourpuss neckbeard can can get one, surely muggins here has a chance?
Oh it's not that hard. I mean I live 10 minutes walk from a gunshop.

When I was at Uni in an entirely different part of the country I lived 2 minutes walk from one.

It's not all that hard to get a gun in the UK people just don't because it's a pain in the arse and a fair bit of red tape.

As a reminder This man legally owns a gun in the UK..............

_118569431_eob_3388.jpg

Reactions: XsjadoBlayde

Breakdown

Oxy Moron
Sep 5, 2014
down a well
Country
Northumbria
Oh it's not that hard. I mean I live 10 minutes walk from a gunshop.

When I was at Uni in an entirely different part of the country I lived 2 minutes walk from one.

It's not all that hard to get a gun in the UK people just don't because it's a pain in the arse and a fair bit of red tape.

As a reminder This man legally owns a gun in the UK..............

View attachment 4235
To be fair Jeremy Clarkson does own a farm.

Seanchaidh

Elite Member
Legacy
Mar 21, 2009
Country
United States of America
Guess no one here can even be bothered to put up a pretext of what they actually care about anymore. So many of you have become no better than politicians.
*looks for another post about this by Specter Von Baren, which would include what Specter Von Baren thinks is relevant*

Oh, there isn't one, wow, shocking.

Reactions: Avnger

Terminal Blue

Elite Member
Legacy
Feb 18, 2010
Country
United Kingdom
What are you one about?
It's a thing right wingers used to post on these forums whenever there was an Islamist terror attack, with the implication being that their suspicion and hatred of random Muslims was justified by isolated acts of political violence.

Even though most of them are banned at this point, they still deserve to be ridiculed in their absence.

If you think that's insensitive. No. Insensitivity is refusing to call this the act of terrorism that it is. Insensitivity is publishing long articles speculating about the killers mental state, replete with carefully selected quotes which make him look like a troubled victim of circumstances rather than what he was, a loser brainwashed into a hateful ideology that goads its members to murder innocent people out of mindless spite.

I hope he spends eternity drowning in all the piss people are going to spray on his grave.

Last edited:

thebobmaster

Elite Member
Legacy
Apr 5, 2020
Country
United States
Everyone and their mums is packing around there.

On a serious note, I hope this is a lesson to people. Gun violence can happen anywhere there are guns and people willing to use them. Making it harder to get guns is not a bad thing, and this shows that it won't fully eliminate gun violence, but the fact that 5 people getting killed in a shooting makes this the worst shooting in the country in the last decade+ really indicates how bad the gun violence situation in the US really is, where 5 people getting killed in a shooting may or may not make interstate news.

Reactions: laggyteabag

Dwarvenhobble

Is on the Gin
May 26, 2020
It's a thing right wingers used to post on these forums whenever there was an Islamist terror attack, with the implication being that their suspicion and hatred of random Muslims was justified by isolated acts of political violence.

Even though most of them are banned at this point, they still deserve to be ridiculed in their absence.

If you think that's insensitive. No. Insensitivity is refusing to call this the act of terrorism that it is. Insensitivity is publishing long articles speculating about the killers mental state, replete with carefully selected quotes which make him look like a troubled victim of circumstances rather than what he was, a loser brainwashed into a hateful ideology that goads its members to murder innocent people out of mindless spite.

I hope he spends eternity drowning in all the piss people are going to spray on his grave.
I have never seen that statement posted here.

Twitter and other social media sites sure but not here on The Escapist so are you confusing here with other social media sites?

Baffle

Elite Member
Oct 22, 2016
I have never seen that statement posted here.

Twitter and other social media sites sure but not here on The Escapist so are you confusing here with other social media sites?
No, it used to get used here too in the bad old days.