Massive Pokemon X and Y Map Reveals Where To Catch Them All

Steven Bogos

The Taco Man
Jan 17, 2013
Massive Pokemon X and Y Map Reveals Where To Catch Them All

The detailed map shows how to get every available Pokemon in the game.

Do you want to be the very best, like no-one ever was? Well, if you are on the insane quest to "catch them all," or you are just looking for that one specific Pokemon, Reddit user Bobdor [http://www.reddit.com/r/pokemon/comments/1p7lbb/here_is_a_map_i_made_with_the_location_and_info/] has put together a massive map detailing the location of every single obtainable Pokemon in Pokemon X and Y. The map is crazy detailed, showing exactly how every Pokemon appears, be it from a standard tall-grass encounter, fishing, surfing, smashing a rock, an interaction with an NPC, or a "special catch". Check it out in all it's glory below (click for a larger version):

[http://cdn.themis-media.com/media/global/images/library/deriv/620/620282.png]

This should help out you guys on your Pokemon journey. Bobdor also offers the following PSA for anyone reading his map:
"If a Pokemon has the 'horde' symbol next to it, it doesn't mean that it ONLY comes in hordes. It just means that it DOES come in hordes.
Also if a Pokemon has any 'fishing' symbol next to it. I just put the easiest method for capture instead of listing all. For example if you can catch something with a good and super rod, I just put good because you don't NEED the super rod."

Additionally, you can download a PDF version of the map here [http://www.40k.zombiecrisis.org/map.pdf]. Happy hunting!

Source: Reddit [http://www.reddit.com/r/pokemon/comments/1p7lbb/here_is_a_map_i_made_with_the_location_and_info/]

Ninmecu

May 31, 2011
I wish this existed about 15 days ago. All the same, awesome, thanks for sharing.

neonsword13-ops

~ Struck by a Smooth Criminal ~
Mar 28, 2011
Keewl.

Started a second run through the game and decided to actually "catch them all" as the almighty professors intended.

I'm only on route 3, and I'm already missing some creatures, but I will be using this as reference throughout my journey.

I haven't completed a Pokedex since Diamond, but I think this game is good enough for me to invest my time into and complete 100%. I may even do some competitive battling. Once I learn how IVs and EVs work. :I

Skeleon

Nov 2, 2007
Cool, when I eventually get it, I may make use of it. I'll probably play blindly, but I like all the reference-material put out by the Pokemon-community. Bulbapedia et al..

2xDouble

Mar 15, 2010
I'm already seeing some minor errors (yes, I'm going to be that guy):
Caterpie and Weedle are not version exclusive
Dugtrio appears in Rte 13, not Diglett
None of the Pokemon listed for Route 10 are "special encounters", and none of the pokemon in Glittering Cave are "normal" encounters. (I assume this was a simple graphical error)

Otherwise, pretty sweet! Great work, Bobdor!

Gizen

Nov 17, 2009
2xDouble said:
I'm already seeing some minor errors (yes, I'm going to be that guy):
Caterpie and Weedle are not version exclusive
Dugtrio appears in Rte 13, not Diglett
None of the Pokemon listed for Route 10 are "special encounters", and none of the pokemon in Glittering Cave are "normal" encounters. (I assume this was a simple graphical error)

Otherwise, pretty sweet! Great work, Bobdor!
Caterpie and Weedle ARE version exclusive on Route 2 specifically. If you notice where they're listed in Santalune forest, they don't have the version exclusive symbol there.
You are very right about the Diglett/Dugtrio thing though, I was about to point that out myself.

Proverbial Jon

Not evil, just mildly malevolent
Nov 10, 2009
I'm not seeing Vulpix or Ninetails anywhere on that list.

Am I blind or is this an error? I want to know if they're in either game or if they're only trade dependant.

Scorched_Cascade

Innocence proves nothing
Sep 26, 2008
Proverbial Jon said:

Am I blind or is this an error? I want to know if they're in either game or if they're only trade dependant.
They're in game but at the Friend Safari area, not catchable on a route.

http://www.serebii.net/xy/friendsafari.shtml

Read up on the details of that at that link.

Ninetails is a possible fire type slot 3 (So out of someone who has beaten the elite four's zone) and then you breed it for a Vulpix.

OT: Oooh this map is handy, I've been catching all the pokemon I find before moving onto the next route and keeping track in a notepad file so I can use this map to compare and go back and get the ones I missed now I've beaten the Elite Four.

Rad Party God

Party like it's 2010!
Feb 23, 2010
If I'd be playing Pokémon X/Y, this would most definitely come in handy.

Proverbial Jon said:

A quick search in Google tells me that Vulpix can only be gotten by Safari Trading and it seems it's not listed on this map.

2xDouble

Mar 15, 2010
Gizen said:
Caterpie and Weedle ARE version exclusive on Route 2 specifically.
Are they? I could've sworn I caught both of them before entering the forest. Is it possible they're just less common per version?

FrostyChick

Little Miss Vampire.
Jul 13, 2010
2xDouble said:
Gizen said:
Caterpie and Weedle ARE version exclusive on Route 2 specifically.
Are they? I could've sworn I caught both of them before entering the forest. Is it possible they're just less common per version?
I have the guide book open infront of me. So I'll give the official listings.

On Route 2:
Caterpie is a rare encounter and exclusive to Pokemon Y.
Weedle is a rare encounter and exclusive to Pokemon X.

In Santalune Forrest:
Caterpie is considered a rare encounter in Pokemon X and a common encounter in Pokemon Y.
Weedle is considered a common encounter in Pokemon X and a rare encounter in Pokemon Y.
Kakuna is an "almost never" encounter and exclusive to pokemon X.
Metapod is an "almost never" encounter and exclusive to Pokemon Y.

LightningFast

Feb 6, 2013
Wow. This is pretty amazing. Seems like Gamefreak's taken quite a few measures to make completing the Pokedex a bit easier. Might actually try to do it this time, myself.

You know, I'd like to see a feature in Wondertrade that only gives you random Pokemon you don't already have. That'd be pretty sweet :3

Epic_Bubble

Oct 19, 2013
I can strongly recommend http://www.serebii.net/pokearth/kalos/. Has a great guide on catching all the pokemon and even goes to the lengths of saying which Pokemon isn't in the game at all.

I expect it will still be awhile before someone has completed the Pokemon x/y Pokedex.

SD-Fiend

Legacy
Nov 24, 2009
Country
United States
Rainbow_Dashtruction said:
Wow, only just heard about horde battles from this post. I guess they have finally gone back to just blatantly stealing ideas from SMT again with crappier variants. No wonder a lot of people are liking this new game if its gone back to the classics.
Except horde battles in SMT just gives you a big target to hit. In Pokemon x and y horde battles give you a chance to find rare Pokemon with exclusive abilities.

And I guess you've never heard of Demikids then.

weirdee

Swamp Weather Balloon Gas
Apr 11, 2011
there's really no reason to not catch them anyway, besides budgetary concerns, which aren't really a factor as soon as you get the amulet coin, which is actually given to you at a sensible point this time around

Sep 14, 2009
of course there is going to be that one person who QQ's over such a map/list existing...

always that debbie downer, so "in b4 debbie downer elitist"

OT: This is pretty cool, glad to see things are well rounded out this time, sometimes in the past games they had pokemon overlap too much or have getting some pokemon in a really obscure way that sucked ass.