Master Chief Might Need to Buy a Kinect

Fidelias

Nov 30, 2009
The "extremely popular kinect"? Does popular mean something else to you? As in "horribly overrated and expensive device that almost every gamer has hated on since it was announced"?

WHY!? Why would they do this?!

Buizel91

Autobot
Aug 25, 2008
The Wykydtron said:
I'm gonna go with the FURY! Seriously if Microsoft announces this i shall rage, and i'm still not buying that Kinect thing.
If it's hybrid...you wont need to.

And wasn't their a rumour that 343 were remaking Halo: CE???

Wait...you guys don't think...?

OOH HELL NO! D:

Blankmessenger

Mar 31, 2010
The more work you have the player do, the more the player is going to be uninterested. Giving the player a controller allows them to relax more comfortably while playing a game. It also allows players to react quicker to their environment. Having the kinect can make for an interactive experience, but if the player is constantly aware of the kinect instead of the gameplay, then the immersion experience is broken which I assume is what Microsoft is going for. Otherwise if they are forcing hardcore players to use kinect then that should be compatible with a controller otherwise players are going to hate this game.

Honestly I have invested a lot into Microsoft and, in my opinion, I thought they were better than Sony. But after releasing the Kinect and Move...PC gaming is looking better and better.

PurpleLeafRave

Hyaaaa!
Feb 22, 2009
arc1991 said:
And wasn't their a rumour that 343 were remaking Halo: CE???

Wait...you guys don't think...?

OOH HELL NO! D:
Oh hell yes! :D That could be done so well if it's a hybrid. With the controller it would be sexy, and who knows, the motion controls could blow us away. If not, we could just not use them.

Anton P. Nym

Sep 18, 2007
PurpleLeafRave said:
vrbtny said:
Microsoft, I never held you in high respect, now..... Go stand in the corner!! Now!!

You have desecrated my sacred franchise, go burn!!
Bungie are owned by Activision now, not Microsoft. The owners of COD. Blame them.
Uh... that's wrong at least two ways.

Firstly, Bungie isn't owned by Activision. Bungie contracted with Activision to publish their next game (whatever it is) over the next ten years. Bungie still owns itself.

Secondly, neither Bungie nor Activision will have anything to do with future Halo titles. Bungie sold the rights to Microsoft as part of their buy-back deal to become an independant studio again. The rights to all future Halo games belong to 343 Industries, a subsidiary of Microsoft.

-- Steve

PurpleLeafRave

Hyaaaa!
Feb 22, 2009
Anton P. Nym said:
PurpleLeafRave said:
vrbtny said:
Microsoft, I never held you in high respect, now..... Go stand in the corner!! Now!!

Bungie are owned by Activision now, not Microsoft. The owners of COD. Blame them.
Uh... that's wrong at least two ways.

Firstly, Bungie isn't owned by Activision. Bungie contracted with Activision to publish their next game (whatever it is) over the next ten years. Bungie still owns itself.

Secondly, neither Bungie nor Activision will have anything to do with future Halo titles. Bungie sold the rights to Microsoft as part of their buy-back deal to become an independant studio again. The rights to all future Halo games belong to 343 Industries, a subsidiary of Microsoft.

-- Steve
Oh yeah, I did actually know the second bit, I just forgot.
As for your first point, thanks for clearing that up.

YodaUnleashed

Jun 11, 2010
Christ people jump to conclusions and think this is going to be absolutely terrible before this is even made official in anyway or before they see what type of game it might be. I mean reserve your judgment till at least you've seen something official about it.

I personally have never used kinect and don't think I would like it all that much (too gimmicky like the wii) but that doesn't mean I wouldn't be open to a halo game using kinect if it was done well. That doesn't necessarily mean I would spend all that money for a device I'm probably not going to use except for one or two games, there are financial considerations after all.

Just be a bit more open-minded is what I'm saying, dogma is rarely good.

WingedFortress

Detective
Feb 5, 2008
Let them try, I say. If you hate halo - this is it's moment to change some things. Remember - just because it's a giant corporate monster now, didnt mean it wasnt once somebodies lovely little brain child. Mabye some good can come of the franchise.

And if you like Halo...well wouldn't this be great? A controller hyrbid could really just add to the intensity of the already tried and true "30 seconds of fun", no?

Gamegodtre

Aug 24, 2009
vrbtny said:
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

[Insert Darth Vader NOooooo button here]

Seriously, I knew this was going to happen. Microsoft, I never held you in high respect, now..... Go stand in the corner!! Now!!

no its been enhanced into a harry potter style rail shooter

Gamegodtre

Aug 24, 2009
i just thought of the game....
Halo minigames
sounds fun
or some type of grunt raising simulator

Russian_Assassin

Apr 24, 2008

Gimmicks! Gimmicks everywhere! Exactly who will this be aimed at? 3 year olds? Adults? Old people? I don't think granny will appreciate a first person shooter even if you make her jump around the living room like an old monkey.

Ghengis John

Dec 16, 2007
Russian_Assassin said:

Gimmicks! Gimmicks everywhere! Exactly who will this be aimed at? 3 year olds? Adults? Old people? I don't think granny will appreciate a first person shooter even if you make her jump around the living room like an old monkey.
Hey, before you get your panties in a bunch two things:

One: Bear in mind this might just be somebody attempting to domain farm.

two: Imagine what great shape your glutes will get into from tea-bagging in this game.

Hamster at Dawn

It's Hazard Time!
Mar 19, 2008
Now that Bungie's left the Halo franchise I think it would be a good idea for them to consider doing something different with the IP. I mean, 343 have got some pretty big shoes to fill and it could be hard for them to meet expectations with another Halo FPS. But if they make a whole new kind of game then I would personally be more inclined to buy it. I also really want to see some quality titles for Kinect. There's a lot of potential for that device that needs the right game to utilise it.

squid5580

Elite Member
Feb 20, 2008
I haven't read a post yet but I am putting my money on Fury. Woman scorned type fury.

Narcogen

Rampant.
Jul 26, 2006
Galad said:
I couldn't care less about Halo..any news about Oni 2, Bungie? :<
Bungie doesn't own Oni, they haven't since the MS buyout. If you want Oni 2, ask the owner-- Take Two.

Narcogen

Rampant.
Jul 26, 2006
hansari said:
Pandaman1911 said:
Halo was done with Reach. Bungie abandoned it, Microsoft engulfed it. It's done. Over with. Whatever comes out is not canon, not Halo, and certainly not good.
You seem to have forgotten the part where said product still sells millions of copies resulting in uber profits.
Maybe he's not interested in that part? I know I'm not.

I might be interested in what the next game is-- I won't know until I know something about it more than a rumor that it might involve Kinect because of a domain name registration. If I like it, it'll be interesting whether or not it sells millions of copies, and if I don't, I probably won't be interested even if it does sell millions of copies.

Not-here-anymore

In brightest day...
Nov 18, 2009
Could be interesting if they implement it right, I guess. Standard controller, but with a kinect-based melee attack, maybe?
Or some functions within the helmet's HUD that are motion controlled?
I'm assuming/hoping for 343's sake that the core of the game is still controller-based.

Trippy Turtle

Elite Member
May 10, 2010
not getting it now :( if i thought it was good i would have gotten it even though its not bungie's but its now on kinect so hell no. though i must try out the tea-bagging in it.