Max Payne 3 is Delayed. Again.

Nurb

Cynical bastard
Dec 9, 2008
After what they had planned for him and the game was announced, Max Payne became dead to me.

He redefined a genre and now he's just a generic "easy money" shell of his former self.

Raziel_Likes_Souls

Mar 6, 2008
Freechoice said:
Jabberwock xeno said:
Ya know what's funny?

Duke nukem forever is on the list.
So what's gonna be the new DNF? Starcraft:Ghost or MP3?
They canceled Starcraft Ghost, so it's Max Payne 3 by default.

In other news, let me know when they get MC Hammer and this happens:
HobbesMkii said:
But instead of Bullet Time, you'll go into Hammer Time.

Aug 25, 2009
I was quite looking forward to this. Ah well, it's not like it was one of my big wishes for the next year.

It is very funny when you announce that Duke Nukem is going to be out before the game though. It just adds a sense of irony to the whole proceedings. Especially given that Max Payne 3 was announced seven years ago. Only another five to go for the title eh Maxie?

The Youth Counselor

Sep 20, 2008
Hopefully it's delayed because Rockstar realized their new direction was terrible and decided to scrap it.

Max Payne was about a classic Humphrey Bogart style Noir hero. It was set in a gloomy and perpetually dark New York and driven by Norse mythology.

What Rockstar was in essence doing was taking away Batman's ears and cape and moving him from Gotham to Miami.

Burnhardt

Elite Member
Legacy
Feb 13, 2009
Country
United Kingdom
Khaiseri said:
But anyways, if it is going to be released some day I just hope that they bring the old style back and that it's a great game.
And on that day no one will use a racial or homophobic slur on Xbox Live.

Still we can hope.

Lono Shrugged

May 7, 2009
Maybe the devs are affected by the Scanners style murder thoughts I have been sending since I read the description.

"And we keep on driiiiiivin' into the night...."

_Janny_

Mar 6, 2008
Nurb said:
After what they had planned for him and the game was announced, Max Payne became dead to me.

He redefined a genre and now he's just a generic "easy money" shell of his former self.
I feel ya... This is probably one of the most biggest fails I've ever seen. To be honest, at this point I don't see anything of the old Max Payne in there other than the name. What a way to butcher a wonderful series.

6unn3r

Aug 12, 2008
Krakyn said:
Duke Nukem has a confirmed release date, but Max Payne 3 doesn't. Awesome.
Duke Nukem had a confirmed release date in the 1990's...and yet still we wait...and wait....and wait...and...

At least LA Noir and XCOM are coming along nicely, those two look like they take some leaves out of Max's book.

Void(null)

Dec 10, 2008
I would have an easier time believing this game was Kane and Lynch 3 than Max Payne 3.

No Pulp Noir = No Max Payne.

This has Silent Hill 4: The Room written all over it and because of that they can delay it all they want because as a long time fan of the first 2 games I can honestly say that I don't give a damn about Max Payne 3.

Proverbial Jon

Not evil, just mildly malevolent
Nov 10, 2009
I'm happy to never see this game ever made in all honesty.

Max Payne is a man with nothing to lose, a man who has reached rock bottom, a man who gets up and shoots guys in the face against all odds even when life itself has spat him out. It's moody, gritty and incredibly dark. It's a love story, a tragic tale of love and loss with a heavy film noir influence. It's made by Remedy... or so it bloody should be!

Max Payne is NOT a bald beardy man shooting guys in sunny São Paulo... WTF man? Why can't they just let good franchises die with honour (Max Payne 2, one of the few sequels that was actually GOOD) instead of milking them dry to the point where no one cares any more?

Give up Rockstar, just give us L.A. Noire early instead.

murphy7801

Apr 12, 2009
mad825 said:
it's cannned. Each time I think about this, I feel more apathetic about MP3 due how to they fucked-up the look of max for a "newer" audience.
How do even do a decent sequel with actual story continuity after they way it all went. Why are try appeal new generation so can get the COD BLOPS fans give them anything they think its good.

Bloodstain

Jun 20, 2009
That game is not Max Payne anyway. They replaced the character with a bald man in his 50s and the setting is not dark at all.

lijenstina

Jun 18, 2008
The developers got stuck in bullet time.
"weee muusssttt fiiiiiniiiissshhh thiiiissss gaaaaaaaaaameeeeee"
*explosion*

brazuca

Jun 11, 2008
murphy7801 said:
mad825 said:
it's cannned. Each time I think about this, I feel more apathetic about MP3 due how to they fucked-up the look of max for a "newer" audience.
How do even do a decent sequel with actual story continuity after they way it all went. Why are try appeal new generation so can get the COD BLOPS fans give them anything they think its good.
Because it sells. Max Payne 2 had weak selling. I had the link to show you guys, but now it's off. Show that later. Not to metion the movie, that was weak in sales too and was considered a bad one. Max Payne 3 must succeed now or it will be like Beyond Good and Evil. Forgotten, but loved by few.