may the forth be with you

Guffe

Jul 12, 2009
This is actually just the second time I hear StarWars has its own day, first time was on tuesday when watching Reel Physics

I think I'm gonna get a lot of hate for this but for me the best Star Wars scene ever is the Darth Maul vs QuiGon and Obi fight. Mainly becuase RayPark is awesome in all his fight scenes but as a 10-year-old that sticks in your head as absolutely amazing and my two favorite StarWars chars die in that very fight.

From the first movies (4,5 and 6) my favorite moment is when you meet the Ewoks for the first time, hilarious little creatures.

The

Jan 24, 2012
I'm gonna get a lot of flak for this but... I never actually watched anything Star Wars related except for that Clone Wars miniseries that came out in 2003 (2D animated one). The idea of having an entire army being a clone of one guy (I heard somewhere that is was Jango Fett, or something like that) blew my mind as a kid. Oh, and the actual Clone Commandos (Rex and Cody, I think) from the show were kick ass as well.

knight steel

Jul 6, 2009
I love the prequels,and I like Jar Jar,yes I admit it, you may now begin to burn me at the stake for my Heretic ways :p
Not that I'm saying the originals are bad, they're not they are fun-but I feel that people have nostalgia goggles on when they watch it and overlook the problems that in some ways are just as bad as the problems in the prequels.

Best of the 3

Oct 9, 2010
Guffe said:
This is actually just the second time I hear StarWars has its own day, first time was on tuesday when watching Reel Physics

I think I'm gonna get a lot of hate for this but for me the best Star Wars scene ever is the Darth Maul vs QuiGon and Obi fight. Mainly becuase RayPark is awesome in all his fight scenes but as a 10-year-old that sticks in your head as absolutely amazing and my two favorite StarWars chars die in that very fight.
I wouldn't say that deserves hate. It's an amazing scene in a pretty average movie. I'd say it's the most interesting part of it, massive visuals, great soundtrack, tense moments and all that jazz.

My favourite scenes in starwars have to be the ones with C3PO and R2D2. For me that make star wars what it is.

Oct 2, 2012
My favorite scene was the final fight with Qui-Gon, Obiwan and Maul from Episode 1. I was a child when I saw it and its been my favorite part since I've seen it.
Favorite movie is a tie between Hope and Empire however.

And I love the Universe of Star Wars. The lore, the tech, the characters, the stories, everything. It is one of my favorite Universes ever.

Andy Shandy

Fucked if I know
Jun 7, 2010
Never actually watched the films but I have played a fair few of the games, if that's anything.

But yeah, never really cared to sit down and watch any of them. Same with Lord Of The Rings actually.

sextus the crazy

Oct 15, 2011
Dustin Reitzel said:
Just remember that tomorrow is International Liquor Day: May the Fifth go down smooth!
Ah, having a drinking holiday for a birthday is the best. To bad, it's also when APs and college finals are. :(

OT: Despite my love of star wars, I don't terribly care about May 4th. I'm not really a holiday guy, and this doesn't change that fact.

TheBlueShotgun0

Dec 20, 2011
My favorite movie is Empire, but my favorite scene is the Battle of Mustafar at the end of Episode III. I hear a lot of people complain that it's too over-the-top and stuff, but that's what I like most about it. It's also, in my opinion, the best done lightsaber fight in any of the movies. And I love the short scenes of the clone troopers fighting scattered throughout the film. Say whatever you want about the prequels, but the clones kick ass. "An army of one man, but the right man for the job".

Mr Cwtchy

Jan 13, 2009
If you can count the TV series, then this scene is the winner:

As far as the films go, then Yoda V Dooku, Darth Maul V Obi Wan and Qui Gon or any scene involving Clone badassery.

Ambitiousmould

Why does it say I'm premium now?
Apr 22, 2012
My favourite character is Boba Fett, because it's not what you say, it's how badass you look not saying it. Favourite scene? The fight at the Sarlacc pit, even though Boba is defeated in a manner most humiliating.

Goofguy

Nov 25, 2010
I have absolute fond memories of the X-Wing and TIE Fighter games from the 90s. Such a friggin blast. As for lightsaber battles, my favourite would have to be Obi Wan vs Anakin at the end of Ep III. Sure, the lead up to it with Padme was absolutely atrocious but the duel was utterly fantastic.

Owyn_Merrilin

May 22, 2010
Best of the 3 said:
Guffe said:

I wouldn't say that deserves hate. It's an amazing scene in a pretty average movie. I'd say it's the most interesting part of it, massive visuals, great soundtrack, tense moments and all that jazz.

My favourite scenes in starwars have to be the ones with C3PO and R2D2. For me that make star wars what it is.
Heck, that scene is reasonably widely acknowledged as the best saber fight in the entire saga, keeping the drama of the old series with the enhanced special effects and choreography of the new. Usually even people who hate the prequels love that scene.

OT: Can't say I have a favorite scene, I love the whole saga. Yes, that includes the prequels.

the darknees abyss

Mar 29, 2012
knight steel said:
I love the prequels,and I like Jar Jar,yes I admit it, you may now begin to burn me at the stake for my Heretic ways :p
Not that I'm saying the originals are bad, they're not they are fun-but I feel that people have nostalgia goggles on when they watch it and overlook the problems that in some ways are just as bad as the problems in the prequels.
i don't want to be rude original are much better and I first saw them after the phantom menace and clone wars were already out and prequels awful because by then george lucas had started selling out.

crimsoncheesecake

Mar 13, 2012
The Empire Strikes Back all the way, the moment Yoda lifts the X-wing, that's probably what stuck with me the most. Man, he showed that winy kid the true power of the force xD. It was also the most interesting movie in terms of plot and character development, the rebels winding up in a hopeless situation and the Empire showing its true, terrible might.

mysecondlife

Feb 24, 2011
thing I like about Thtar Warth....

Knightth of the old republic.

I'm not really a big fan of the filmth.

Zeraki

WHAT AM I FIGHTING FOOOOOOOOR!?
Legacy
Feb 9, 2009
New Jersey
Country
United States
My favorite scene in the entirety of Star Wars was the duel between Vader and Luke from Empire Strikes Back... especially the beginning.

The atmosphere and the way the scene is shot is just amazing. It really gives you an uncomfortable sense of tension.

The part at 0:38(and the part at 0:50)... that image has always been one of the most defining images in Star Wars for me. The prequel lightsaber duels were fun to watch, but they could never capture the same atmosphere this one did.

Mr Cwtchy said:
If you can count the TV series, then this scene is the winner:

Ah the good old Clone Wars cartoon. One of the best things to come out of the prequels.