maybe there DOES need to be copy protection on games

MarxonSR1

Apr 28, 2009
I can never understand why people complain about security measures, bar EA's ridiculous attempt to stop people installing Spore on more than one computer. It means that if you have to reinstall because it doesn't work first time, and then your computer breaks or you get a new one, or you have more than one computer in the family and want to avoid having to buy the game 3 times, I can't see EA customer service helping you there. I appreciate EA's concern but there's no need to go overboard.

Now, can I say, whether you think you need to check the game is as good as it says by getting a copy, if you have the copy why buy the actual game? Why should we expect games developers to just lie down and let people rip off their games, committing illegal acts? Obviously if we continue to do this, eventually these companies are going to lose such large amounts of money from this they won't recover and there won't be any games to copy.

By copying these games we are killing the gaming industry. Asking companies to stop putting up security would be like asking a shopkeeper to take away his CCTV and tags.