McDonald's Training Employees With Nintendo

Shoggoth2588

Aug 31, 2009
I can't wait to see if these training cartridges will find their way on places like playasia. I would play this for fun ^^

Icecoldcynic

Oct 5, 2009
I'm unsure how this will cut training times at all. Surely the difference would be so miniscule as to be pointless anyway?

geldonyetich

Aug 2, 2006
I'm sorry, Phillipe, but you failed your eSmart McDonald's certification course 5 times. Hell, the first 3 times you ate the stylus. Perhaps you should try out as a berry picker or a neoconservative political science major.

Contun

Mar 28, 2009
I don't care what they do as long as they keep the place clean and get my order right...

Worgen

Follower of the Glorious Sun Butt.
Legacy
Apr 1, 2009
I cant see good things coming out of this

blarghblarghhhhh

Mar 16, 2010
I work at mcdonalds and can see practical applications for this. the registers are touch screen so using the ds to simulate transactions is obvious. it could also be used to walk people through cleaning the grill, or things like that. Another possible application could be similar to those games which walk you through recipes. there are literally dozens of other ways this could be used but I already feel dumb enough for thinking of those. god i hate my job. hope america doesn't get this.

samsonguy920

Mar 24, 2009
Remember those Holiday Inn Express commercials? Now just insert the line, "No, but I have a Nintendo DS" over "No, but I stayed at a Holiday Inn Express"
The_root_of_all_evil said:
I refuse to believe McDonald's staff are trained. More like enslaved.
Nothing quite like working whitecollar fast food. I did it for a year fresh out of high school.
I seriously doubt this will get put in effect over in US stores. This feels like nothing more than an attempt by Nintendo to try to grab in more cash. A petty one at that.

008Zulu_v1legacy

Sep 6, 2009
Now we have to contend with long lines that dont move AND the McJobbers playing their DS's while we ask for fries with our salt?

DigitalSushi

a gallardo? fine, I'll take it.
Dec 24, 2008
Donnyp said:
The_root_of_all_evil said:
I refuse to believe McDonald's staff are trained. Morelike enslaved.
No they are trained.

Okay see how you spit in this burger? Don't use such a big spit wad next time. Just ration it out for the day.
Trained you say?

MARKETING BLURB!;
Why of course, Cooking Mama's new "Do you want fries with that?" minigame brings you closer to monotonous repetitive soul sucking tasks!.

Riobux

Apr 15, 2009
I wonder if they'll also implement people to learn their A-Levels (since, apparently, you can get an A-Level while working at Mcdonalds) on DSes. If it does happen, I'm not even sure how to react to that, besides complaining about the cheapening of qualifications.

hebdomad

May 21, 2008
I can see a 'Mamas Cooking Mc-Donalds' game coming soon to be bundled with the DS XL... and I'm sure Mama would make a mean manager...

data_not_found said:
"I'm sorry, but your cheeseburger is in another castle."
/thread

Kaltazraza

Creepy dancing
Sep 10, 2008
If you could pretend to be an employe and steal the nintendo thingie, you could maybe sell it for much. Oh yeah

Rect Pola

May 19, 2009
I've always thought a teaching tool was a better multi-task than trying to make it a phone or camera, or PDA because we already have a million of those out there.