ME 3 Trailer Shows Default FemShep in Action

boag

Sep 13, 2010
Zhukov said:
Cool.

[Insert obligatory comment regarding superiority of Hale's voice acting here]

Looks kind of young though considering Shepard is about 30yrs old. Also, she looks kind of funny sparring with Vega. Like a chihuahua picking a fight with a doberman.

And damn if the rest of that trailer didn't look awesome. Hello there, Mr Decent Animation, where have you been all this time? Also, I appreciate the glimpses of old squad mates. Samara is back!

Now if you'll excuse me, I have to go do that obsessive fan thing where I watch the trailer frame-by-frame.
Its the cybernetics man, dem cybernetics.

I am seriously counting down the days before I can go pick up my copy, when I get I really am going to need both hands for it.

scyther250

Jun 7, 2010
Hm, she looks rather a lot like what I made my Femshep in ME2. Somewhat different but broadly the same. More realistic, obviously, since my attempts always end up a little bit off. I might have to simply use the default this time around, heh.

scnj

Nov 10, 2008
TopazFusion said:
I'm Commander Shepard, and this is my fav- [sub]okay, I won't say it.[/sub]
I was going to make the same joke, but then I to- NO! NO!

w@rew0lf

Banned User
Jan 11, 2009
Femshep was always much more emotional in her performance. Still gotta give Sheploo some lovin' too.

w@rew0lf

Banned User
Jan 11, 2009
Zeel said:
w@rew0lf said:
Femshep was always much more emotional in her performance. Still gotta give Sheploo some lovin' too.
Sheploo is on all the merchandise and trailers though.
I was thinking more in terms of Meer's voice work. People really don't give him enough credit, I mean he's come such a long way from his sentinel impression in the original ME.

Monkeyman O'Brien

Jan 27, 2012
Lilani said:
Don't worry, I don't like her voice either. She just...sounds like she's trying too hard to be a badass.
Exactly what I was gonna say. Every line from her is like its high drama. I know the real Shepards voice actor gets a lot of shit for sounding flat in comparison to her but at least he sounds like he knows he can fuck your day right up. She sounds like a little girl trying to act tough.
Maybe her style would work in a Legacy of Kain game but in Mass Effect its just forced.

Tony2077

Dec 19, 2007
i think i prefer this one over the male Shepard trailers. its not just because she's done more voice work from shows i like well ok it is. she must really have a thing for redheads most of her big work she's done she plays a redhead

Syzygy23

Sep 20, 2010
Lilani said:
Mordin is awesome and I was romancing Thane.
Thane?

Sounds like your Shepherd will be eating fishsticks tonight, Am I right? *nudge nudge* Eh? Ehhhh?

skywolfblue

Jul 17, 2011
Nice! Much more badass then the other trailers for ME3 so far.

The way Hale pulls off the badass lines just makes me grin every time. Cliché and over the top in a hilarious and fun way.

Asita

Answer Hazy, Ask Again Later
Legacy
Jun 15, 2011
Country
USA
Now that's the ME3 trailer I've been waiting for!

...Though now I oddly want to see Male Shepherd and Female Shepherd fighting alongside each other.

RJ 17

The Sound of Silence
Nov 27, 2011
Lilani said:
Still a pretty intense trailer, though. Glad to see Joker is sticking around, but I didn't see too many previous squadmates. Samara, Miranda, Grunt (or at least a krogan, not sure if it was Grunt)...they better not all be eradicated at the beginning. Mordin is awesome and I was romancing Thane.
:p I like Mordin's little Birds and the Bees talk he gives you if you romance Thane, though they're all pretty humorous.

But yeah, that's actually what I found most interesting about the trailer: not so much FemShep being all badass and actiony, but more the fact that it gave glimpses of ME 2 characters that will persist into ME 3.

I always held onto the theory that some of the ME 2 crew would leave, some would stay on. I figured Samara would head off after the Collectors were defeated, but there she is. Miranda and Jacob have officially sworn their loyalty to your cause, however it'll be interesting to see what role they'll play. Perhaps if you blew up the Collector Station they'll be recalled by Cerberus and only have incidental roles while if you kept the station they'll still be squadmates? Bah, I'm probably thinking to hard on this one and they'll be regular squadmates.

But yeah, from all the bits and pieces of information I've gathered, it does seem like every person who survived ME 2 is going to be on your crew in ME 3...and there's the fact that Kaiden or Ashely is supposed to return to your crew as well, along with Liara. Mordin has been confirmed as returning, as has Garrus and Legion. I've heard that Jack is staying on as well, which is surprising as I definitely figured she'd jump ship as soon as the mission was done. But apparently Shepard's will has tempered her rogue spirit and made her want to fight for something other than herself...talk about a personality shift. Apparently Wrex will essentially be as he was in ME 2: a cameo as the leader of the Krogan...though I would LOVE to have him back on the team! All I know is that it's going to be pretty damn crowded on the Normandy. Hell, in ME 2 you were stuffing squadmates into rooms all over the ship, you couldn't swing a dead cat without hitting someone who wants to tell you a little more of their life story.

Racecarlock

Jul 10, 2010
You know, every previous femshep advertisement made her look like some advertising sex doll. This actually shows that she's a confident and strong commander who can actually kick all kinds of ass. Not bad at all.