Mechwarrior Tactics Prepares to Drop

Dezara

Sep 8, 2011
Mech Commander was its own thing apples and oranges. Make it tactics hex based turn based with sweet animations with a good AI. If your old school be old school.

Mech Commander was fun but when I think tactics I think of the tabletop game. I would say that Mech Commander was to the tabletop as Mechassault was to the Mechwarrior PC series. If anyone gets that comparison.

Anyway Im thrilled to see anything new. By the way anyone curious about old school Battletech they just released a 25th anniversary Box set its a nice set lots of fluff current rules and a nice tile set.

Madcat75

May 7, 2010
AAAAARRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHH​...I WAITED OVER A WEEK FOR INFO ON A GAME I HAVE WAITED OVER 10 YEARS FOR AND ALL I GET IS A SODDING EMAIL... TIME FOR ME TO GET CREATIVE WITH MY SWEARING!!!!!!!!

CygnusMal

Sep 19, 2010
Did a little digging on the sites of the guys making the game. It's going to be a "turn-based strategy and blends tactical gameplay, deep collectability, and unique online features". So basically MechVille.

Pass.

Wintermoot

Aug 20, 2009
but what IS MW tactics?
CygnusMal said:
Did a little digging on the sites of the guys making the game. It's going to be a "turn-based strategy and blends tactical gameplay, deep collectability, and unique online features". So basically MechVille.

Pass.
so its Super Robot Wars but with MW mech,s instead of Banapresto/Anime mechs. still sounds like fun to me.

CygnusMal

Sep 19, 2010
henritje said:
but what IS MW tactics?
CygnusMal said:

Pass.
so its Super Robot Wars but with MW mech,s instead of Banapresto/Anime mechs. still sounds like fun to me.
I just want a damn MechWarrior game though. No social media, no turn-based strategy, heck not even a new MechCommander. Just a mech simulator where I can blast the hell out of Clan scum and obsessively customize every little detail of my load-out, power distribution and armor.

Wintermoot

Aug 20, 2009
CygnusMal said:
henritje said:
but what IS MW tactics?
CygnusMal said:

Pass.
I just want a damn MechWarrior game though. No social media, no turn-based strategy, heck not even a new MechCommander. Just a mech simulator where I can blast the hell out of Clan scum and obsessively customize every little detail of my load-out, power distribution and armor.
what about Mech Warrior online? it,s going to be released this summer.

CygnusMal

Sep 19, 2010
I'm cautiously optimistic about MWO, I'm glad to see a "proper" MW game on the horizon, but I'm skeptical of Piranha Games' pedigree. The last two games they worked on were a Bass Pro Shops game and... Duke Nukem Forever.

So yeah, I'm a glad to see MW coming back, but not exactly on the edge of my seat at the moment.