Medal of Honor: Warfighter Beta Begins Next Month

Andy Chalk

One Flag, One Fleet, One Cat
Nov 12, 2002
Medal of Honor: Warfighter Beta Begins Next Month

The Medal of Honor: Warfighter multiplayer beta will commence in early October, but only on the Xbox 360.

It's not much of a surprise that a multiplayer "beta test" of the upcoming Medal of Honor: Warfighter is in the pipe, but EA has now made it official. A total of 12 Tier One units from ten different nations, including Britain's Special Air Service, Russia's Spetsnaz Alpha Group and the U.S. Navy SEALs, will be available to players as they go head-to-head in online combat. The beta will feature a new multiplayer mode called "HotSpot," in which players pair off in the game's Fireteam mode and conduct attack and defend missions against random locations on the "Sarajevo Stadium" map.

The exclamation point on "this year's most authentic military shooter experience" will be Linkin Park's new music video "Castle of Glass," which will feature a mix of live action and gameplay footage. EA says it will release the video five days after the beta begins or when the beta hits three million downloads, so if that sounds like something you want in your life sooner rather than later, then get on with the downloading. Unless you prefer to do your virtual dude-murdering on the PlayStation 3 or PC, in which case you're out of luck; as noted, the beta is reserved exclusively for those of the Xbox 360 persuasion.

Medal of Honor: Warfighter [http://www.amazon.com/Medal-Honor-Warfighter-Limited-Xbox-360/dp/B0050SY5BM/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1348246510&sr=8-1&keywords=Medal+of+Honor+Warfighter] comes out on October 23 for the Xbox 360, PlayStation 3 and PC.

Source: Medal of Honor [http://www.medalofhonor.com/blog/2012/09/multiplayer-beta-starts-early-october]

The White Hunter

Basment Abomination
Oct 19, 2011
Well I'm gonna guess there's a reason for that, it'll be underwhelming on PC and optimised like shit for the PS3 then.

Thanks EA!

GenGenners

Jul 25, 2012
3 million beta downloads?

I think EA is finally killing 'betas' off for good. 'Beta' is the new 'Demo'.

NvrPhazed

Dec 8, 2010
Nice to know that I get something for paying for my online time besides better service.

octafish

Apr 23, 2010
GenGenners said:
3 million beta downloads?

I think EA is finally killing 'betas' off for good. 'Beta' is the new 'Demo'.
To be fair with that many players glitches, bugs, and exploits are going to surface quickly.

While I like the idea of playing as the SASR the multiplayer I've seen is too limited by console hardware to be of any interest to me very limited player numbers too. It looks very COD like too, gameplay wise. It is a bit disapionting as Allied Assault was my second favorite WW2 shooter after Brothers in Arms.

hyplion

Apr 29, 2010
MOH warfighter? don't you mean conflictwarrior or battlesoldier?

it's such a stupid name!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Korten12

Now I want ma...!
Aug 26, 2009
So is this going to be like a download thing or do we need to get a code?

pspman45

Sep 1, 2010
I tend to avoid games whose commercials involve nothing but shots of guns being fired from a first person perspective with explosions in the background.
that kind of rubs me the wrong way, I always picture the marketing department saying "a lack of explosions confuses our audience, we want to focus on the 'fuck yea' audience."

Baresark

Dec 19, 2010
I would very much like to know how this is going to be "this year's most authentic military shooter experience". I don't think it will. I think it will be Medal of Honor with better graphics... maybe machine guns that don't sound retarded.

Artemis923

Dec 25, 2008
I hope this game eats shit and flops, along with the rest of the military shooter clone industry.

Daaaah Whoosh

Jun 23, 2010
Well, it looks like they're advertising 21 square miles of action, so I think I'll be investigating this, if only to laugh in the face of false promises.
Also, Fireteams sound like Battlefield's Squads, except that they're half the size, doubling your chances of getting teamed up with an incompetent. Oh, well, as long as we get to play as the special force of our choosing. I'm sure that will make everything better.