Meet Ms. 'Splosion Man's "2 Girls 1 Controller" Mode

SaintWaldo

Interzone Vagabond
Jun 10, 2008
John Funk said:
How many games ask you to control two characters at once - with only one controller?
For starters: PONG. Combat for Atari. Warlords. And then the 80's started.

So, basically, three that I can think of. Wait. Now four.

Thanks!

(To unsnark this, I know you meant _independant_ control.)

wynnsora

Nov 16, 2009
Half-Life: Decay

Two female characters, one control scheme being the keyboard and you have to switch back and forth. It's annoying.

OT: I dunno if this is such a good idea but I'll give it a go when it comes out. What's the worst that can happen? The single player is awesome and the two characters one controller thing sucks and they never do it again. Or it's a surprise hit and we get a slew of games like that.

dicai

Jun 4, 2009
AngryMongoose said:
"How many games ask you to control two characters at once - with only one controller?"

Err... there was this one game where you played one or two of two rabbits. There was an option to play both on the same controller. Can't for the life of me remember what it was called.

Any help? You control a red or blue rabbit, it was extremely coop centered, and the story involved capturing the moon or something.
Maybe you're thinking of The Adventures of Cookie & Cream for the PS2. What a crazy game it was. I couldn't pass the third level.

Yopaz

Sarcastic overlord
Jun 3, 2009
To those who say this looks hard... it is hard, but not mind numbingly hard. Me and a friend played through a level on 4 player co-op alone. Each of us using 2 controllers each. It was hard, but at least here we can focus on only one controller. I can't wait to get this game anyway.

PunkRex

Feb 19, 2010
Serving UpSmiles said:
Make use of that damn d-pad and make it a foursome!

I forgot about this game, gotta pick up again sometime.
Id give you a bro-hoof for that idea if I wasnt so disgusted by the mental image of 4 Ms.Splosions going at it. God it would be like the Hidenburg disaster!

teknoarcanist

Jun 9, 2008
There was an old Nintendo platformer that did something like this, but the two characters were on opposite sides of the screen and moved simultaneously, mirroring one another. Sort of puzzle-y. Can't recall the name...