Meet Saya, an Ultra Realistic, Computer Generated Japanese Schoolgirl

CrystalShadow

don't upset the insane catgirl
Apr 11, 2009
You know, thinking about it, I find it oddly disturbing that someone would describe girls as having skin that is 'soft and moist'.

They're not apple pies you know. >_>
~Shudder~ Wow, that makes it even worse. XD

laggyteabag

Scrolling through forums, instead of playing games
Legacy
Oct 25, 2009
UK
I could tell that it was CGI after seeing the picture in which she looks straight on at the camera, but in the others, it is a lot harder to tell, and probably wouldn't have noticed if I wasn't told.

But yes, show me how she moves and speaks, and then we will see if it looks realistic or not.

Also, schoolgirl because of course she is. Never change, Japan. Never change.

FireAza

Aug 16, 2011
Jake Martinez said:
Here's a deal: In Japan, all young girls are school girls. In fact, they go to school 6 days a week and most students will have to attend bukatsu (particularly sports clubs) on Saturday and Sunday and wear either their uniforms or sports gear to school. It's almost to the point in some areas that seeing a student outside of a uniform is actually fairly rare. Furthermore, the girl is wearing a standard highschool shirt and tie and not even a seifuku which are the "sailor suits (sera fuku)" that seem to be fetishized (much like catholic school girl uniforms or cheerleader uniforms in the west). This too is fairly normal as most high schools wear standard blazer and dress clothes these days and no longer wear seifuku or the military style gakuran for boys.

So my point here is simple: This is an incredibly normal part of daily life in Japan. The "girl" in the picture looks incredibly normal and her attire is also incredibly normal. The only thing abnormal about this is someone going off on a rant about how the Japanese have a fixation on schoolgirls based off what I can only assume is an ill informed cultural interpretation based on consuming shitty anime. As someone who's both spent his entire life attending private schools as well as having lived in Japan, I don't bat an eye at this. I'd suggest that if for some reason you find this "creepy" or otherwise sexualized, then the problem might be you and your fetishes.
Seconding the rarity of the sailor fuku. Hell, a for a lot of the students around here, their spots uniform is their unofficial uniform. I always figured that since the sailor fuku is such a "symbol" in Japanese culture that getting rid of it would be like getting rid of the red double decker buses in London. Well, fashions change I guess, a school that still using a uniform that had it's heyday in the early parts of the 20th century might be seen as a bit backwoods.

deadish

Dec 4, 2011
The skin and facial expression is still not quite right - mostly the skin; got to wait for the CGI boffins to come up with a better subsurface scattering algorithm I suppose.

The best of the lot is probably the caucasian lady in the futuristic armor.

dalek sec

Leader of the Cult of Skaro
Jul 20, 2008
Silentpony said:
I think I'd be less creeped out by a Battle Sister with a hand-flamer and chainsword to my face, demanding I quote from the 57th Psalm of the Emperor's Righteous Prosecution of the False Gods, Verse 99, Line 115.

I mean HOLY FU-*Chainsword!*
*snickers* Lap dog of the Corpse Emperor...

OT: Well, that's rather strange. I'm getting vibes from that one episode of "Gravity Falls" with that crazy AI in the dating game. *shudders*

Jokes aside though this is rather impressive, not sure why they went with a schoolgirl of all things though.