Meet the (Actual) StarCraft II System Requirements

Superasil

Trapped inside a Game.
Sep 30, 2009
at first i was like oh shit, then i was like :D

finally a new game my computer can (barely) handle! my radeon 9800 will pass again!

Therumancer

Citation Needed
Nov 28, 2007
The specs aren't surprising given that they don't want to alienate the massive fan base in the second and third world... even when you get past the problems with the economy in general.

Truthfully it makes me a bit sad that we're getting this before Diablo 3 given my tastes in games, but I suppose SC II is a bigger deal for more people.

Now the big question is whether or not "Blizzscore" will have any influance on the game. Back when they started the WoW achievements system there was some discussion that the points assigned with it would go to an account-wide score that would unlock content and features and such in new games they were producing based on how high your score was. This to inspire brand loyalty, and apparently so that people would feel encouraged to replay older games after they played others to unlock new things with a higher overall score.

Since I heard the idea (which seemed to fit in with the later Battle.net account mergers and such) I had wondered how it would work, and if there would be an outcry with the first couple of games with non-WoW players screaming that they were being punished by being deprived of content since that would be (at first) the only real way to have a Blizzscore (though this would change with more products).

On some levels I'll be disappointed if they don't follow through with the idea since it was pretty interesting when I was reading about it.

Sh0ckFyre

Jun 27, 2009
For a 2010 game, that's pretty damn impressive.

This old, decrepit laptop I'm using will actually have a chance at running the game. Yay!

Altorin

Jack of No Trades
May 16, 2008
Blizzard delivers again, banking on the fact that people should be able to actually play their games.

breadlord

Apr 21, 2009
JFuss said:
Hehehe.
My rig will rape it.
I love that it has a minimum resolution.
Would you mind telling me what they are? So i could avoid you online.

OT: I really need to clean my laptop. It can handle this just fine, but it lags every 30 seconds.

Batfred

Nov 11, 2009
I think that even I can run this game (had to run C&C Generals, LotR & DoW2 on bare minimum and even Invasion Earth: Earth Assualt on a low setting)!

Dommyboy

Jul 20, 2008
Nice, will run this easy. Good on Blizzard for keeping with gameplay, rather then graphics. Though, Blizzard games can still look quite good, despite the low graphical requirements.

hearty0

Jul 22, 2008
I'm so angry right now... I opted in back in May, and didn't update it when I got service pack 3. needless to say that's done and I hope they're still picking people(for this wave at least).

Actually I think my chances may be slightly better because my computers overclocked, and would be a nice test for how it holds up on such a system. =-P

It's starting to get a little old, but it can still run lots of current games at max. =-)

domicius

Apr 2, 2008
Holy crap! I'm glad I play on consoles as I no longer need to worry about minimum specs.

Although, as minimum specs go, those are nice specs.

LWS666

[Speech: 100]
Nov 5, 2009
assuming a 2.6GHz quad core prossessor > 2.2 Ghz Pentium IV or equivalent AMD Athlon processor then i'm good to go.

Lucifron

Dec 21, 2009
Pretty damned reasonable? You'd practically have to live on the street to be unable to afford a computer with those specs.

breadlord

Apr 21, 2009
JFuss said:
breadlord said:
JFuss said:
snip
snip
Well just to be fair, my laptop, out of the box, could run team fortress 2 on high with little to no lag.

The thing I'm worried about is you Zerg rushing my base, which my base is going to be 3 marines, a tank, and some SVCs for my "Master plan", then my laptop starts over-exploding with awesomeness and craps out on me.

And then lose.