Mega Man Blasts Into His Own MMORPG

Fensfield

Nov 4, 2009
Well, this might be very interesting.. and it ruddy well took them long enough >.>

All we've had this past decade has been a single MUSH.

ShakerSilver

Professional Procrastinator
Nov 13, 2009
RAGLE FRAGLE BABLE! While I do think this might be highly successful, I find it lame that every franchise is getting turned into and MMO nowadays. However, I might actaully want to get this. Well only if...
oppp7 said:
*Crosses fingers* No subscription fee. No subscription fee. No subscription fee...
...yeah, what he said.

archvile93

Sep 2, 2009
How could doctor Wily make an appearance? In the X series (the time period this game seems to take place) he's dead.

Caradinist

Nov 19, 2009
So. That's it. There wont be an X9, but rather an MMO.

Not bad considering the original, ANYTHING horrible can be tied to Dr. Wily.

The X series, there's enough horrible shit going on, it means plenty to shoot at. I just get the feeling we're all going to wind up like the Green Biker dude, and soak up all the bullets for our heroes X and Zero.

TsunamiWombat

Sep 6, 2008
Well the Megaman Z and Megaman ZX series already features an expansive world connected on a map via junctions, so as long as they can get that combat action in Real Time it should be an amusing distraction.

Perfect setting, lore wise, for this game is during the Elf Wars, when 2/3rds of all life was wiped out on the planet due to the sheer destruction wrought by the combat.

And yes haters, there's alot more to Megaman then you thought.

dfcrackhead

Apr 14, 2009
A very integral part of MMO's is character creation...If you can only be Megaman or Zero doesn't that kind of kill it....This seems like it has the possibility to be fun, but I just don't see it working... It sounds good on paper, but in practice I'm not so sure

Caradinist

Nov 19, 2009
Honestly, if you first came across this series, you would get confused, and ask questions like "Where IS Dr.Wily?" even though he's deader than dead after 100 years, with the main cast of the original disappeared or met their demise as well.

Well, Wily was somehow involved in X5, sort of. It's hard to explain, because the plot is, by all accounts, confusing/horrible by the time the third game rolled around. You definitely don't play this for the meat of the story, or shouldn't. Also i'm glad it WON'T be full 3D, because the 7th game was a complete disaster.

Hopefully though it'll get us to make the jump from the X series to the Elf Wars, which means even more things to shoot at. That's if this MMO even makes it off the ground and becomes popular that is.

Apr 29, 2010
oppp7 said:
*Crosses fingers* No subscription fee. No subscription fee. No subscription fee...
Subscription fees are the main reason I don't play MMO's. If this one doesn't have any, I might just check it out.

zombie711

Aug 17, 2009
whats that capcom, you want a shotgun. but why ever would you need one? Oh, you want shoot this game in the head befor it suffers from the fact that it has to go against WoW and every other mmo. well just be quick to give it back.

GideonB

Jul 26, 2008
The fact that NeoWiz are involved in this game make me feel at ease. They have made great MMO's. This can also lean towards it possibly being free to play since NeoWiz has published a lot of free to play games and only one pay to play game I know of (But that was a retail PC Game anyways).
I hope they don't fuck this up. I like this idea :D

SavingPrincess

Bringin' Text-y Back
Feb 17, 2010
[sub]... a late night at an emergency CAPCOM roundtable meeting.[/sub]

"Hey guys, so we've had moderate success with Megaman 9 & 10... so what do you think... should we give fans a Megaman 11? Maybe a canon Megaman X entry? I mean, that series went sharply downhill after the Super Famicom died... what do you think?"

"Well... people love Megaman for its iconic level design, side-scrolling, weapon-collecting, boss-fighting action... they like the idea of being able to pick up and play a level or two, doing speed runs, finding out which weapon works against what, exploring for secrets, a fairly high difficulty curve... you know... the things that made Megaman so great."

"Hey I have an idea! Let's make Megaman into an MMO!"

"..."

"... ..."

"... Fuck it, let's make an MMO I guess."

VitusPrime

Sep 26, 2008
Neowiz is involved...who own a company I like...this partnership may go very well indeed.

Got faith in the megaman MMO, will be fun regardless.

Zefar

May 11, 2009
The only bad game in the X series was 7 because they tested a bit. But testing out 3D is good as it showed how much of a bad idea it was. So they stuck with side scrolling instead. X8 was also quite enjoyable.

But I'm willing to give it a try if it's the X series we are talking about. The first MegaMan series can be throw out the window. Yes I don't like that game.

Give me charge up+ dash + wall climbing any day over slide + jump + petty charge up.

ManaKnightX

Mar 22, 2010
Hmmm, Pretty safe to say this game will be hit or miss. I still remember the Gamecube version of Megaman Battle Network, and that was pretty bad.