Mega Man Meets Team Fortress 2 in Scout Man

Lucane

Mar 24, 2008
Ok just looked at his DeviantArt page and saw his Scout powered up mode sprite images and think he should change his Scout~Demo Man's from (for lack of a better term) black face to the hat and an eye patch.

Heart of Darkness

The final days of His Trolliness
Jul 1, 2009
iLikeHippos said:
Kollega said:
I think that the order is...

Soldier Man -> Demo Man -> Engy Man -> Pyro Man -> Spy Man -> Sniper Man -> Heavy Man. Fail to see how Medic Man works into this.
Simple.
Medic Man > All other classes.
QFT. Ever try a medic rush with two of your buddies? Fun times, and it can completely stop a team's defense/offense if they're not prepared for it (I forget which).

Altorin

Jack of No Trades
May 16, 2008
Mydnyght said:
Who's to say all 8 bosses have to be in the same chain? Or loop? Or whatever?
Just because that was the case with Mega Man 4, 5, and 6?

I mean, Mega Man 2 had a 3-boss loop and a 5-boss loop...
Air Man -> Crash Man -> Wood Man (loops back to Air Man)
Metal Man -> Bubble Man -> Heat Man -> Flash Man -> Quick Man (loops back to Metal Man)

As did Mega Man 3...
Magnet Man -> Hard Man -> Top Man -> Shadow Man -> Spark Man (loops back to Magnet Man)
Snake Man -> Gemini Man -> Needle Man (loops back to Snake Man)

You know what? Something's telling me this would have two 4-boss loops rather than one 8-boss one.
John, if we take your thoughts about it, I think the boss loops would be these:

Pyro Man -> Spy Man -> Sniper Man -> Heavy Man (loops back to Pyro Man)
Demo Man -> Engy Man -> Soldier Man -> Medic Man (loops back to Demo Man)

Don't ask for my reasoning. Some boss weaknesses in the Mega Man series can never be understood.
some megaman games have multiple loops like that as well, and I can clearly see the reasoning for your loop EXCEPT for where Medic Man comes into play. I wonder how that fight would play out.. It would be unconventional, that's for sure.

Maybe a bunch of enemies are on the screen and you have to kill the ones that the medic isn't healing, then just jump around and avoid him while he's ubered, and if you use rockets from Soldier man you can bounce him into an electrified wall and interrupt his Kritzkrieg taunt that heals him.

As for how Spy Man would work, We already know he can cloak, but it could be so much more then that... Imagine if when you fought spyman, when he cloaked, several red and blu units appeared and started fighting eachother (and you), and you had to spycheck the red guys, then kill the blu guys once you found the spy, then the fight continues. And when you finish killing the spy, he cloak and daggers, and you have to hit him one more time after he comes out of cloak.

Heavy Man could be basically just Heavy on an elevator that goes up and down, constantly shooting at you. The whole ground consists of lifts going up and down and you have to either hide behind lifts that are up, or jump ontop of them until the heavy fires 200 shots (about 10 seconds).. then the Heavy eats a Sandvich for about 5-6 seconds, in which time you either hit him with your pistol, or run in and hit him with your Hunstman sniper weapon.

The sniper level would be more difficult then the boss fight, especially if you have the spy power. Throughout the whole level, you constantly have to watch out for little red dots, and jump at just the right moment to avoid getting shot. If you have the spy power, you just have to sneak behind the Sniper once to get rid of his shield, and again to finish him off. Without the spy power, the sniper will throw jarate at you, and then while your stunned, climb up to a sniper nest that you need to climb upto to hit him.

Demo Man fight would be similar to Bomb Man, but with sticky Bombs.

Engineer Man would be simple enough once you get to him, but all the enemies in his level would be sentry guns, which are killable with a single grenade. As an added bonus, when you fight the boss, you can use the spy and demo powers in conjunction with eachother.. spysneak up on the guns, and the engineer will run out and try and repair them, then blow him and his sentry gun up with a grenade.

Lucane

Mar 24, 2008
No wait, Scout Man beats Heavy Man 1st!

I mean he doesn't need an upgrade for him in his Meet the Scout video.

Lucane

Mar 24, 2008
Da pyro man 999 said:
who is the hero
The Center Spot is where Mega Man Normally is so it's Scout as the main character since he's in the center.

John Funk

U.N. Owen Was Him?
Dec 20, 2005
Heart of Darkness said:
I have a feeling Medic Man will drop the most OP weapon of the game: invincibility. And passive healing.

Also, why is Scout Man the only blue Root Master?
Duh, Scout Man is Mega Man. The Blue Bomber can't be RED ;)

Heart of Darkness

The final days of His Trolliness
Jul 1, 2009
John Funk said:
Heart of Darkness said:
I have a feeling Medic Man will drop the most OP weapon of the game: invincibility. And passive healing.

Also, why is Scout Man the only blue Root Master?
Duh, Scout Man is Mega Man. The Blue Bomber can't be RED ;)
I see. My mistake. [/isashamedtoadmithehasnotreallyplayedanymegamangames]

PS2MAN

May 17, 2009
My main question is, who replaces Wiley? Maybe the leader of team purple?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-GNnftq744I

Mydnyght

Feb 17, 2010
Heart of Darkness said:
I have a better idea for Medic Man's weapon: Biofield.

It's this spherical blast that immobilizes enemies and saps their life to you. Think of it as a life-draining version of Mega Man 7's Burst Man's Danger Wrap (which worked well against Cloud Man).

Come to think of it, such a weapon would be quite useful against Demo Man. As he gets trapped in a Biofield, something in that field would set off one of his explosives, and he'd take some punishment. (And it would heal Scout Man considerably too.) I knew I could figure out how to factor Medic Man into all this!!

Caradinist

Nov 19, 2009
I see. Clearly Heavy Man would be first, the BONK Buster is highly effective against this lumbering mass.

Unfortunately, the attack you get off him is pretty much Top spin, except you keep yelling "MY FISTS ARE MAED OF STEEEEL"

shial

Jan 5, 2009
Don't you guys ever learn from tf2? take out the medic first. Medic can uber through the demos stickies.
Medic > demo > engie > soldier > pyro > spy > sniper > heavy

Twilight_guy

Sight, Sound, and Mind
Nov 24, 2008
I can sense a boss fight in the last level that involves BLU Scoutman v. Red Scoutman. Probably the only evil version fight that really makes sense.

It looks interesting but I wonder if it would be a re-skinned mega man or a whole new game...

twm1709

Nov 19, 2009
What's with all these 8-bit reimaginings of current games lately? there is a point where it stops being cute...