Megadeth Loves Rock Band, Pities The Dinosaurs Who Don't

Logan Frederick

Aug 19, 2006
Megadeth Loves Rock Band, Pities The Dinosaurs Who Don't

Band front man Dave Mustaine has admitted the future of music is digital distribution and all you "old dinosaur bands" should prepare for lost sales.

Leading Rock Band's effort to sell whole albums over the PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360 online services, Mustaine's band Megadeth has already added their collection Peace Sells...But Who's Buying? as downloadable content. Fans waiting for the Megadeth classic Rust In Peace can't expect it anytime soon as Harmonix hasn't approached the band about licensing yet, even though Mustaine would "like to talk to them about it."

In a brief video blog [http://megadeth.blipback.com/169865] to his metal fans, Mustaine discussed how he supports selling songs over new mediums if it can lead to more dollars and continuing popularity for the band, which made itself known in the 80s and have continued working since.

"In fact, I think the advent of these new games and YouTube and MySpace and being able to upload your music - it's the way of the future," explained Mustaine. "These old fucking dinosaur bands that don't want to put their music up on iTunes or have anything to do with you guys doing games with Rock Band and stuff like that. It's just stupid. You know, just have mercy on them [the old dinosaur bands] and feel sorry for them and buy our stuff instead."

Source: Kotaku [http://kotaku.com/5100720/megadeth-thinks-dinosaur-bands-who-dont-do-games-are-stupid]

Andy Chalk

One Flag, One Fleet, One Cat
Nov 12, 2002
Mustaine never got over being booted out of Metallica, and he's been a dick about it ever since. If you don't believe me, consider this: The band's entry on Wiki actually has a separate section listing all the former members because nobody on the face of the Earth (except Ellefson) can put up with Mustaine's shit for more than two consecutive albums. Furthermore, the guy's voice is ass and if he wasn't such a self-absorbed twat he'd hire someone who could actually sing.

(Note: I've never actually met Mustaine and for all I know he may be the nicest guy in the world. I just felt like ranting.)

steeple

Death by tray it shall be
Dec 2, 2008
Logan Frederick said:

...just have mercy on them [the old dinosaur bands] and feel sorry for them and buy our stuff instead

hahaha what a jackass!

oh and whats the problem of loving megadeth?

TsunamiWombat

Sep 6, 2008
Watch the language metal heads. The enemy are Jazz bands and Eazy Listning, not each other. Fighting each other is just what the MAN wants us to do.

Andy Chalk

One Flag, One Fleet, One Cat
Nov 12, 2002
Indigo_Dingo said:
Typical - respond to my counterargument with an Ad Hominem attack.
That wasn't a response, that was a point-and-giggle.

Logan Westbrook

Transform, Roll Out, Etc
Feb 21, 2008
Indigo, swearing at other users is a good way to get yourself banned. Standard forum rules apply in the news room too.

steeple

Death by tray it shall be
Dec 2, 2008
sorry for being an idiot but whats "Ad Hominem attack"???

Mr.Pandah

Pandah Extremist
Jul 20, 2008
MODS ARE PEOPLE TOOO!!! But seriously, I respect him for saying stuff like this, maybe it'll get bands like Led Zeppelin and many many others to put their songs on games like these. He makes a valid point and nowhere in there does he say anything about Metallica. Metallica has put their music onto games and such so you can't even say hes eluding to Metallica. Better for us in my opinion.

Saskwach

Nov 4, 2007
Indigo_Dingo said:
Malygris said:
Mustaine never got over being booted out of Metallica, and he's been a dick about it ever since. If you don't believe me, consider this: The band's entry on Wiki actually has a separate section listing all the former members because nobody on the face of the Earth (except Ellefson) can put up with Mustaine's shit for more than two consecutive albums. Furthermore, the guy's voice is ass and if he wasn't such a self-absorbed twat he'd hire someone who could actually sing.

(Note: I've never actually met Mustaine and for all I know he may be the nicest guy in the world. I just felt like ranting.)
Abusing a ban free account, are we?

Being abandoned while in a crippling addiction by the people who you thought were your friends (and who you practically built up - they wouldn't have shit to their name without his work on Ride the Lightning) can have a serious effect on a persons life. And fuck off, his voice is absolutely brilliant - listen to A Tout Le Monde.
No one was on their best behaviour at that time; clashing egos were a big part of it, but it's clear that Mustaine was out of control. In the end he was kicked out of the band because he poured a can of beer down Ron Mcgovney's bass guitar - which electrocuted him. I don't know about how you'd deal with a friend who'd done that, but any 'friend' of mine so stupid, so monumentally self-absorbed that he could do such a thing (drunk or not - and being drunk enough to do that on a regular basis is bad enough) would be lucky to leave my house without injury, let alone as a friend anymore. Mustaine has shown time and time again that he's a dick because he's a dick - he needs no excuse.

Saskwach

Nov 4, 2007
TheNecroswanson said:
Snakktastic said:
If Mustaine wasn't a dick then we wouldn't have Megadeth.
QFT. Mustaine can can be a huge dick all he wants, and noone will love him for it. Except the fans. And that's why he's so awesome.
I don't care if he's a dick (I likes me Megadeth); I care about honestly assessing the man (if we're that intent on judging him).