Men who own cats.

SamSandy

Mar 8, 2010
I just hate it when people use "feminine" and "gay" as synonyms, which they definitely are not. There's some highly feminine gay guys, and then there's some highly masculine gay guys, and the majority falls somewhere in between. And what do you know, straigth guys can be divided in the exact same way! Shocking, isn't it? ;P

As far as cats and dogs goes, it's definitely more about high vs. low maintenance, or activity vs. passiveness, rather than manly vs. girly. It seems to be true that you can tell quite a lot about a person based on their pet, but as someone said, sexual orientation is not among them.

I'm a gay male myself and I love cats and loathe dogs, but I know many gay guys who are the total opposite, too.

Cowabungaa

Feb 10, 2008
I am usually not one for one-pic posts, but this picture is just so appropriate:

I mean really, does anything else need to be said?

Alright alright, more OT: I have 2 cats. Well, 2 cats have me, technically. One must accept being the slave of their feline overlords, it is law. And quite frankly, those girls are retards if they talk like that. Move to a better, less judgemental, less pre-conceptualised (if that's a word) crowd.

My ideal pet situation would be one medium-sized dog (preferably a really lazy Border Collie, sadly they're now known for being lazy) growing up with 2 cats. All together as one big family. A rat and/or ferret can join in too. I luv pets.

PedroSteckecilo

Mexican Fugitive
Feb 7, 2008
I'm a well... mostly straight guy who owns a cat. It's pretty much what SamSandy stated, I wanted a fuzzy little room-mate instead of a fuzzy, four legged kid, so I went with a cat instead of a dog. Besides, I've never really "liked" dogs enough to want to own one, on their worst days they're noisy, stinky, demanding and high maintenence which is something I don't want to deal with.

R3dF41c0n

Feb 11, 2009
Male, and I don't think its weird. I have two cats (one is mine, the other is my girlfriend's), and a lot of my male friends own cats.

Ultress

Volcano Girl
Feb 5, 2009
I'm a guy and I own a cat, I don't think it's really weird. I like them because they really don't need constant attention and there damned cute.

krseyffert

Jan 6, 2010
Male. no, my household owns 4 cats in total, one of them is mine, but 2 of the others are very attached to me. there's nothing wrong with having cats, in some ways i prefer them to dogs

Arkhangelsk

Mar 1, 2009
Ekonk said:
Nope, not weird. Dan Luvisi has a cat. You know, that CRAZY AWESOME artist? Google his name, go to his homepage.

That's right. A guy that awesome has a cat. How can it possibly be weird then?
*head explodes of awesome* I've never seen anything like that! I love that man!

Also: Robot Airplane Sharks!?... I think I might cry out of joy.

OT: It's not weird, cats are easier to take care of. Guys think it's weird because they think guys should only have a big manly dog that greets you by giving you rabies.

JanatUrlich

Apr 24, 2009
I'm a girl and I definitely don't think that it's weird for a guy to own a cat. I've never heard of it as being weird or anything!

Brandon237

Mar 10, 2010
Cats are awesome, and here they are considered normal pets for guys. If you hate me, then the feeling is mutual. I have 5 of them and many of my friends own cats too. They are straighter than dogs, that much is for sure. Dogs don't care, if you look appealing, they'll go either way. Yugh, bad dog!

Littlee300

Oct 26, 2009
crudus said:
Male. No it isn't weird. Some people just prefer a lower maintenance pet. Some of those people are guys. That being said I wouldn't date a guy who owned a cat.
Aww don't be so shallow.

Assassin Xaero

Jul 23, 2008
I have a cat... >_>
And as my mom's says, "If you want a roommate, get a cat. If you want a child, get a dog."

Ymbirtt

May 3, 2009
Male, and I actually own a cat. Never heard anyone claim it's weird, though, and I've no idea where the whole "cats are effeminate" thing came from. Hells, my cat can and would shred half of the dogs I see guys walking.

Dark2003

Jun 17, 2010
A Male cat isn't that weird to me, a female cat is though. Cats are just awesome cause their smart.

If i left my dog home for a week it would be dead, but I've left a cat home for a month before, and sure enough the bread on top of the fridge was gone and the toilet water was low, and he was still alive.

Having a cat ain't weird as long as it matches your sex in my opinion