Meridian 59 Publisher Closing Down

Carlston

Apr 8, 2008
Hiphophippo said:
I'll be damned. I remember being mad addicted to that game. Even named the capitol city in my homebrew dnd campaign after a city in this game. City was called Tos.

Goddamn I'm old.
I feel older. No one recalls AOL before it was the net and just it's own dial up bulletin board.
And the SSI D&D Neverwinter nights was up and running...
Now that was a old mmo
Hell before MMO was even coined as a term. What was that 1992-1994ish?

Hiphophippo

Nov 5, 2009
Carlston said:
Hiphophippo said:
I'll be damned. I remember being mad addicted to that game. Even named the capitol city in my homebrew dnd campaign after a city in this game. City was called Tos.

Goddamn I'm old.
I feel older. No one recalls AOL before it was the net and just it's own dial up bulletin board.
And the SSI D&D Neverwinter nights was up and running...
Now that was a old mmo
Hell before MMO was even coined as a term. What was that 1992-1994ish?
Somewhere in the early 90's yea. I remember it being available on AOL at the time but I was more into this other game on there. Fuck...Modus Operandi or something.

I couldn't even tell you anything about it anymore. Name stuck with me for whatever reason.

Atranis

Nov 24, 2009
umm.. are those skeletons walking around in the picture? And some are lying in a pile of bones on the ground? I don't understand...

meridian59gar

Mar 29, 2009
Atranis - that picture is of skeletons invading a city. The ones on the ground are dead.

Anyway, for those interested, Meridian 59 was actually up prior to The Realm.
Proof:
http://www.raphkoster.com/gaming/mudtimeline.shtml

Meridian 59 is worlds better than The Realm anyway :p

IronCastKnight

Aug 17, 2009
Meridian 59 is still running, and will continue to do so despite no longer being a commercial product?

That's one serious labor of love right there, and the devs have my utmost respect for it.

DoW Lowen

Exarch
Jan 11, 2009
Irridium said:
A zinger you ask?

Well here goes nothing:

"It looks like Near Death *puts on sunglasses* finally met death."
Fuck you Caruso!

I'm seriously spending way too much time thinking of a zinger for this so here instead is a video...