Metal Gear Franchise Coming to 360

Simalacrum

Resident Juggler
Apr 17, 2008
well actually I think Hideo Kojima kept his promise: MGS4, afterall, is still a PS3 exclusive, and I presume this new game is multiplatform? seems like a reasonable middle ground, Kojima gets to tap into the 360 market and make lots of money, while the PS3 fanboys get to keep their precious MGS4.

Ben Legend

Apr 16, 2009
scnj said:
harhol said:
MGS has been been on the Xbox for a while now. Only MGS4 was exclusive. No big deal.

And this is a spinoff starring the worst character in the entire series.
Raiden kicked ass is MGS4. And I never hated him in MGS2.
Same here, I could never understand all the hate for him.
I'll admit, it was a shock not to play as snake all the way through, but I will admit that snake is better than raiden anyday.

apart from MGS 4... made me kind of wish i was playing it through as raiden. Maybe now we will see what Raiden was doing before and during the events of MGS 4

Mstrswrd

Always playing Touhou. Always.
Mar 2, 2008
Like he said, MGS4 will never be on the 360, but anyone with half a braincell knew that he would have ot bring some kind of Metal Gear to the 360, if for no other reason than profit. I will admit, I thought it was just going to be putting MGS, MGS2, and MGS3 on XBL, but, hey, this works too (we kind of expected this as well.)

neuromasser

Jan 20, 2009
People hated Raiden till yesterday, now everybody loves him :/

I don't care either way, no current-gen console for me for some time...

Brotherofwill

Jan 25, 2009
I was crying out in horror when he walked on stage and I thought he would be porting MGS 4, the money laundering bastard! Luckily he just announced a new project with exactly 0 information on and he didn't even mention if it was exclusive (it better not be Kojima or prepare to get some serious death-threats from your Japanese fans)

xitel

Assume That I Hate You.
Aug 13, 2008
Hey, hey, guess what? The PS3 and 360 are just as good as each other! *gasps* It's astonishing how as soon as someone says "Oh, hey, we're also making a version of a game that's been an exclusive for years for a different console" people instantly start ranting and attacking each other about how one is better than the other. You don't decide which is better, the market does. That's the point of capitalism. If the PS3 sells a ton more consoles than the 360, then it's better. If the opposite is true, then the 360 is better. If they sell about the same units, which they have been, then they are essentially just as good. You can talk hardware, price, software, games, all you want, but the fact is the global market as a whole decides what is good and what isn't. Not a bunch of people bickering and snapping at each other's throats on a forum.

As for the game, it sounds interesting. I seem to be one of the few people that doesn't hate Raiden with every fiber of my being because he's not Snake, so I'm kinda looking forward to this.

TheGreenManalishi

May 22, 2008
joystickjunki3 said:
harhol said:
joystickjunki3 said:
harhol said:
MGS has been been on the Xbox for a while now. Only MGS4 was exclusive. No big deal.

MGS3 was PS2-exclusive.
I stand corrected. My apologies. But it's not like this is a major announcement. Is it even 360 exclusive?

MGS has appeared on PC, Gameboy, Gamecube and Xbox before. It's never really been a Sony franchise.

The Minority Report stuff is way more interesting.
I don't know if it's exclusive or not, but this isn't that big of a deal to me. Nor do I think it's a big deal to a lot of non-fanboys.

Sony fanboys cling to their "exclusive" franchises much the way Nintendo fanboys did back in the day.
I can admit to 'clinging' to MGS because I really like the series and I do not own a 360, but the prospect of this being cross-platform is better than a PS3 exclusive, because I'd have someone to talk to about it.

bodyklok

Feb 17, 2008
Raiden... You can keep him.

Though I can of drought it will actually be about him, he could be a character, but I don't think he'll be the main character.

Brotherofwill

Jan 25, 2009
xitel said:
Hey, hey, guess what? The PS3 and 360 are just as good as each other! *gasps* It's astonishing how as soon as someone says "Oh, hey, we're also making a version of a game that's been an exclusive for years for a different console" people instantly start ranting and attacking each other about how one is better than the other. You don't decide which is better, the market does. That's the point of capitalism. If the PS3 sells a ton more consoles than the 360, then it's better. If the opposite is true, then the 360 is better. If they sell about the same units, which they have been, then they are essentially just as good. You can talk hardware, price, software, games, all you want, but the fact is the global market as a whole decides what is good and what isn't. Not a bunch of people bickering and snapping at each other's throats on a forum.

As for the game, it sounds interesting. I seem to be one of the few people that doesn't hate Raiden with every fiber of my being because he's not Snake, so I'm kinda looking forward to this.
MGS hasn't exactly been exclusive to Sony apart from MGS 4. I'll be looking forward to this title.

joystickjunki3

Nov 2, 2008
TheGreenManalishi said:
joystickjunki3 said:
harhol said:
joystickjunki3 said:
harhol said:

MGS3 was PS2-exclusive.
I stand corrected. My apologies. But it's not like this is a major announcement. Is it even 360 exclusive?

MGS has appeared on PC, Gameboy, Gamecube and Xbox before. It's never really been a Sony franchise.

The Minority Report stuff is way more interesting.
I don't know if it's exclusive or not, but this isn't that big of a deal to me. Nor do I think it's a big deal to a lot of non-fanboys.

Sony fanboys cling to their "exclusive" franchises much the way Nintendo fanboys did back in the day.
I can admit to 'clinging' to MGS because I really like the series and I do not own a 360, but the prospect of this being cross-platform is better than a PS3 exclusive, because I'd have someone to talk to about it.
I'd prefer that as many games as possible were cross-platform. As long as the ports aren't complete shit. I'm pumped that PS3 owners will be able to enjoy Dead Rising 2 and can be immersed in the Bioshocks.

That being said, it is nice sometimes to have exclusive games to gloat about when I come across fanboys who brag about whatever system I don't have or particularly want. (EDIT: Recently that's been the PS3 crowd.)

EDIT EDIT: Come to think of it, it's always been the PlayStation fanboys ever since after the SNES days. And I don't mean that offensively, it's just that since I've pretty much always averted from Sony systems I had to deal w/ fanboys telling me that I was missing out. Meanwhile, the SEGA (myself included at the time)/Nintendo/Xbox fanboys never really criticized me because I was on their side. We SEGA boys got some great shit too... *reminiscing* NiGHTS, Jet Set, Panzer Dragoon, VF, Shining Force, Sonic (while he was still good), Soul Calibur... ahhh, the good ol' days

Shycte

Mar 10, 2009
I wonder if This guy [http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k-uTnqYHZ-I&feature=channel_page]will make a new video.

Just like with FFXII, I find myself not caring. Hope this won't turn out a flamewar....

joystickjunki3

Nov 2, 2008
Shycte said:
I wonder if This guy [http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k-uTnqYHZ-I&feature=channel_page]will make a new video.

Just like with FFXII, I find myself not caring. Hope this won't turn out a flamewar....
That vid's a joke, right?

TheGreenManalishi

May 22, 2008
joystickjunki3 said:
I'd prefer that as many games as possible were cross-platform. As long as the ports aren't complete shit. I'm pumped that PS3 owners will be able to enjoy Dead Rising 2 and can be immersed in the Bioshocks.

That being said, it is nice sometimes to have exclusive games to gloat about when I come across fanboys who brag about whatever system I don't have or particularly want. (EDIT: Recently that's been the PS3 crowd.)

EDIT EDIT: Come to think of it, it's always been the PlayStation fanboys ever since after the SNES days.
If there were no exclusives, that would destroy any bragging ammunition for fanboys.

megapenguinx

Jan 8, 2009
I don't think is exclusive. They aren't flaunting that fact widely everywhere. Seemed almost as if Kojima wandered over there by accident lol.

SonnielVlyHomie said:
ay ho my homoms from the 360. listen im gunna tell you all the fact that all these games are going to the 360 is because microsoft is so gay and monny hording but pirets. listen any tyrant would love the fact thier favorite system is getting a game from the so much better play station. and the fact that microsoft is buying all the games is because they dont have any good games. oh my look gears of war a game where we can kill stupid little insects with a terible story line and when i play online i can get made fun of none stop woop di fuckin doo. why dont we play halo a game with 5 year olds yelling at me and calling me more gay, it doesnt matter how manny kills i get because the verry unrespectfull fagits will just team kill me. and wait looks like we have one more good game for the Xbox its known as left for dead another genaric zombie killing game. oh speaking of genaric letrs get on the fact about how Xbox likes to steal ideas. first the reason why the Xbox came out early is because the company wanted cradet for one of the first few new systems and thus we have the red ring. hope you faggits like returning your system back when it breacks. microsoft is kinda lazy so they wont fix your system one hundred percent they will make it so that you can use it for a few more weeks until pop its broken again. now the reason why they wanted credit is because they wanted credit to be the first system with screen names and online game play, but yet the PS3 was going to come out with screen names too and also an online market was going to be on the wii, then it apeard on the other two systems, i mean sonny has its problems but if i had to chose between sonny or microsoft i would choose sonny because sonny doesnt like to purge its custermers of all the monny they have making them pay for internet and more, i mean people how manny times have you got a messege from a friend saying, my Xbox broke ill be on in a month, that just prooves my point. then theres the fact that the Xbox is weeker and gayer then the PS3, so if i want to move a game from the PS3 too the Xbox i have to lower the quality on the game. Oh wait let me think its not fair for the xbox, i mean the ps3 cant be better then the xbox version so if we have to lower the quality of the game for xbox then we have to lower the quality for the ps3. WHY THE FUCK MAKE IT WORST FOR THE ORRIGENALE SYSTEM, because microsoft doesnt like to be the system with the bad version so they ***** and mone till they get what they want. oh and heres my favorite part the miis from the wii got even stolen and turnd into avetars one of the most genaric names for a charecter to represent yourself.

So to sum it up i hate microsoft and think they dont deserve games like FF and Metle Gear or any other game that was just on the PS3, and now they desided to steal the motion senser from the wii,

Have a nice day you Microsoft Faggits ^^
Way to go on your first post. Learn to spell and use more intelligent terms. Welcome to the escapist.

No-Superman10

Sep 6, 2008
ElephantGuts said:
I don't care much for the Metal Gear series, but I'm glad to have something to rub in the faces of my PS3-having Sony supporting friends. Not that I hate Sony or the PS3, but Microsoft is better.
right first you need to go die in a fire

second kojima said that mgs would always stay on playstation (lost in translation?) also they CAN'T put mgs on xbox not just because that the entire xbox dev team would mysteriously die in a tragic "accident" but in would be on like 17 disks
but hell if you want to pay £50+ for 17 disks you're just going to lose/scratch/infect with the supid virus go ahead i'm sur i'll be having the last LOL