Metal Gear Remake Greenlighted By Konami - Will be Free

HaraDaya

Nov 9, 2009
Bindal said:
Also, I wouldn't be surprised if they add voice-acting AND get Hayter to do Snake once again. But neither seems to be happening, I assume.
After getting burned on the latest Metal Gear entries I would imagine David Hayter would be up for it too, yes. He always seemed very involved in the Metal Gear scene outside the professional side.

elvor0

Sep 8, 2008
Bindal said:
elvor0 said:
There's no more Metal Gear Solid games to be had!
People also said there can't be any between Peace Walker and the original Metal Gear. Cue MGSV (twice!). They also said there won't be any Metal Gear after MGS4. Hello Metal Gear Rising!
There can easily be even MGS2 and MGS4, showing (among other things) how Snake rescues Sunny.
Well by Metal Gear SOLID, I mean the Snake saga, Metal Gear RISING is part of Raidens Saga. I agree with your point, although there was still plenty of room between Peace Walker and Metal gear, 1974-1998, with Outer Heaven not being founded till the late 80s.

Sunny was technically rescued by Raiden, though given to Snake and Otacon, but I doubt that's a riveting story. Amusing perhaps, but not worthy of a whole game. (You're damn right I wanna see Otacon and Snake attempt to raise a child, it's sitcom gold!) You're right in saying they could make a game between 2 and 4, though I suspect it would be under the Rising banner, considering it would have to mostly concern Raiden and that was supposed to be the original plot of Revengance.

Lightknight

Mugwamp Supreme
Nov 26, 2008
This is extremely exciting precedence if this works out. We could finally start to get remakes we want like Morrowind that are entirely possible in indie fans' hands.

Dalisclock

Making lemons combustible again
Legacy
Escapist +
Feb 9, 2008
A Barrel In the Marketplace
Country
Eagleland
As long as they don't try to add in any wierd-ass plot("You got all the dominant genes and I got all the recessive ones") points like some of the later games have, it should be alright....I feel asleep.

Jonsbax

May 4, 2010
Bindal said:
If I am not mistaken, the last screenshot shows an area from Metal Gear 2... could that mean that we get to see both original games in 3D?

Also, I wouldn't be surprised if they add voice-acting AND get Hayter to do Snake once again. But neither seems to be happening, I assume.
Nope, it's form the first Metal Gear. And I'd be almost bummed out if Hayter would do Snake, I have zero faith he could do young Snake well, and I got pretty tired of him with MGS4 and Peace Walker.

I'm saving my judgement till the game is playable, I'd honestly have way more faith if they'd sell it for 5$ or even just 2$ though I guess then they might have not been greenlighted. But this was really cool of Konami, that's for sure.

Shadow-Phoenix

Mar 22, 2010
Free is good, Konami giving thumbs up is sorta good, modders modding a game can be kinda good.

It being only on PC?, not really so good if anything it's leaving out those players on consoles.

Roxas1359

Burn, Burn it All!
Aug 8, 2009
Shadow-Phoenix said:
Free is good, Konami giving thumbs up is sorta good, modders modding a game can be kinda good.

It being only on PC?, not really so good if anything it's leaving out those players on consoles.
I highly doubt it'll be too intensive really, even for a remake. Remember, it's just the first Metal Gear game. Not to mention that it's gonna be using the Source engine, and that thing runs on pretty much everything. Plus if Konami ever wanted too, they could try to release it on consoles if they wanted to as well.