Metal Gear Solid 5: The thread

iggyus

Apr 18, 2009
So I recently picked up Metal Gear Solid 4 for the PS3 and it impressed me beyond words. So I decided to pick up every piece of the Metal Gear Solid series and what I got was a series that delivers a cinematic experience that could easily blow away most modern Hollywood movies, and its a game. Amazing story and great character. Solid Snake, the protagonist, is probably one of the best characters I've ever seen so my question is related to him. It is clear from MGS4 and Kojima announced it that Snake will not be returning as a protagonist in sequels, and neither will Big Boss (only in prequels) who had probably the biggest influence on the series besides Snake himself. So, are you saddened by the fact that Snake left or do you like it?

Kasawd

Jun 1, 2009
The code name "Solid Snake" made it near to impossible for me to be immersed in the game. I think Kojima had a good storyline, but he botched it up when it came to names. Or appropriate cutscene length.

So, yeah ... HELL yeah, I'm glad mr. innuendo is out of the picture.

iggyus

Apr 18, 2009
IdealistCommi said:
I'm ok with it. I think his saga is over, and that I'd like to see where Kojima goes with the series.

On a side note: You played MGS4 first, and understood what happened, without playing the other first? I played MGS3 first, but during MGS4 I had to stop and go out and buy MGS2 to understand alot of the story,.
I understood some of it because my friend is a huge MGS addict and he told me some details but it there were some unlear aspects. Also MGS 4 does a good job of explaining the series if you pay attention to the cutscenes

WinterSoldier

Feb 4, 2009
I'd like to see more of Big Boss on the PS3 but that probably won't be happening. I like his storyline more than Solid Snake's.

ZehGeek

[-Militaires Sans Frontieres-]
Aug 12, 2009
MGS4 was designed to tie up loose ends, plus be interesting to people who haven't played before. Also, Snake deserves some rest. I'm sad to see him go, but he earned some rest. I love the series like alot.
sidenote:
I'm actualy interested in Rising, mainly cause Kojima said it'd be a different system. Same with Peace Walker.

balimuzz

Apr 15, 2009
The only Metal Gear Solid I played was the original, and I loved it. I'm really excited for Peace Walker, especially with the promise of some sort of co-op function. It'll be interesting to see what Big Boss's rise to power was like, so I will definitely be picking that one up. As for the other Metal Gear Solid titles, I'll have to look into them if I ever get a PS3 or PS2. Rising is a possibility for me depending on how it looks when gameplay gets released.