Metal Gear Solid Considered for Remake -UPDATED

ServebotFrank

Jul 1, 2010
I fucking hated Twin Snakes mainly because everything about it was worse besides the graphics. The music was worse, the voice acting was worse even though it was the same people, and the cutscenes were directed by the same asshat who ruined the chance to make a good Godzilla movie and made it into a Matrix rip off. Yes I fucking hate that guy.

Trishbot

May 10, 2011
ServebotFrank said:
I fucking hated Twin Snakes mainly because everything about it was worse besides the graphics. The music was worse, the voice acting was worse even though it was the same people, and the cutscenes were directed by the same asshat who ruined the chance to make a good Godzilla movie and made it into a Matrix rip off. Yes I fucking hate that guy.
The music was nearly the same (I played both back to back and didn't notice any major changes). The voice acting was about on par (Snake, Colonel, Otacon, and Liquid were just fine, Meryl got better, Gray Fox was improved, Naomi and Mei Ling's lack of accents were disappointing). The graphics were a big step up, and I enjoyed having Zone of the Ender used for Otacon.

The big divisive thing was the cutscenes, which were, yes, over the top. Half of them were just fine (anything with Gray Fox was pretty sweet and fit with the game), and they especially work well in a post-Metal Gear Rising world, and some of them were just a tad too unnecessary (stop doing backflips!).

I think Twin Snakes is still pretty awesome, and it remains my definitive version of the game apart from the lack of VR missions.

Shame no one else at Konami cares, I guess.

Caffeine_Bombed

Feb 13, 2012
Verrenxnon said:
Why does no one remember Metal Gear Solid: The Twin Snakes? It was an absolutely brilliant game that deserved to be ported several times over.
Yeah I don't know many people who ever played it either. A shame really because it was pretty damn awesome. Ok it had some over-the-top cut-scenes but it was cool to see a classic game completely revamped (no pun intended)!

Shoggoth2588

Aug 31, 2009
Verrenxnon said:
Why does no one remember Metal Gear Solid: The Twin Snakes? It was an absolutely brilliant game that deserved to be ported several times over.
I never had a chance to play Twin Snakes though it is on my list...Assuming Solid does get remade again I would absolutely love it if it became a Wii U exclusive like how Twin Snakes was a Gamecube exclusive.

Dfskelleton

Apr 6, 2010
Why do we need to remake MGS1? I suppose it's not too much to look at, but anyone who will be unwilling to put up with some dated visuals probably won't be too willing to accept any of the other bullshit MGS pulls. Don't get me wrong, I love the series to death, but there's a LOT of stuff in there that I wouldn't be willing to put up with from most other series.
That being said, I feel that Metal Gear and Metal Gear 2: Solid Snake are more in need of remakes. Sure, the franchise is still coherent (using that term lightly when talking about Metal Gear Solid) without them, and I love Sean Connery as Big Boss, but it'd still be nice to see those two games revisited from a more modern standpoint. Then maybe we can weed out some of the awful gameplay decisions. Metal Gear 2 was awesome, but having to constantly traverse back and forth from the Tower Building to the Zanzibar Building nonstop got really, REALLY annoying.

Xarathox

Feb 12, 2013
Verrenxnon said:
Oh, I remember that remake, in all its back flipping glory.

Lord Rothschild

Sep 27, 2010
ServebotFrank said:
karloss01 said:
Verrenxnon said:
it was ok, it would have been better if they didn't fill it with lame acrobatic cutscenes and actually improved the game's difficulty to accommodate the change in gameplay.

what i would actually like to see first is a remade version of Metal Gear and Metal Gear 2 combined into one game to follow off from Phamtom pains to round it off and to add some more depth to the MSX Titles.
you guys know that when Ryuhei Kitamura first did the cut scenes he did them exactly like they were in MGS, It was kojima told him to remake the same scene but do them with his own style and having worked on a lot wih matrix style movies he when with what he knew, so he did n't do them because he wanted to he did it like that because he had too.

Foolery

No.
Jun 5, 2013
You know what? Go for it. Though personally, I didn't think Twin Snakes was that bad. Just look at as the Legend of Shadow Moses. An interpretation of what happened. Not the actual events, which is the original PS1 game. Also, Metal Gear 1&2 from the MSX are totally worth doing over.

userwhoquitthesite

Jul 23, 2009
Verrenxnon said:
twin snakes was garbage. The MGS2 features didnt work, or didn't make sense, and the anime cutscenes were retarded.
Snake was never a superman, and

CriticalMiss

Jan 18, 2013
I'd rather see Metal Gear 1&2 remade with an extra dimension, voice acting and 90% of the game being cutscenes. Well maybe not that last one.

Seracen

Sep 20, 2009
Why not just port over Twin Snakes to a PS3/4 friendly media? I mean, don't they own the rights to the property? How much harder could it possibly be to program a GC game to work, vs a PS1 game?

Terramax

Jan 11, 2008
Andy Shandy" post="7.819937.19778929 said:
Although perhaps a little less of the Twin Snakes ridiculousness =「・quote]

Agreed. I tuned out of the series after playing the 2nd game, which didn't so much as jump the shark, as it did jump over the fucking ocean!

Darth_Payn

Aug 5, 2009
Caffeine_Bombed said:
Verrenxnon said:
Yeah I don't know many people who ever played it either. A shame really because it was pretty damn awesome. Ok it had some over-the-top cut-scenes but it was cool to see a classic game completely revamped (no pun intended)!
I played Twin Snakes, liked it, and it was easier to play than the PS1 original (there I said it). The moves, combat, and enemy behavior felt much more, dare I say, realistic.

captcha: bottom
"Hee hee. Bottom.) - The minions