Metallica Will Perform at Blizzcon 2014

Steven Bogos

The Taco Man
Jan 17, 2013
Metallica Will Perform at Blizzcon 2014

The legends of heavy metal will be front-lining the Blizzcon 2014 closing ceremony.

Blizzcon is kind of a big deal for Blizzard fans, often selling out minutes after tickets go on sale. Appropriately, Blizzard usually gets a pretty big-name rock or metal musician to perform at its closing ceremony, to give one of the year's most epic conventions an equally epic sendoff. Previous performers have been Ozzy Osborn, Tenacious D and the Foo Fighters, but this time, Blizzard has secured the most metal of metal: Metallica.

The company confirmed [http://us.battle.net/blizzcon/en/blog/16466905/metallica-performing-live-at-blizzcon%C2%AE-2014-10-21-2014] via its official blog that the legends of heavy metal would be performing live for Blizzcon 2014's closing ceremony on November 8.

"We're thrilled to have Metallica blowing out our speakers at BlizzCon this year," said Mike Morhaime, CEO and cofounder of Blizzard Entertainment. "After two full days of epic gaming and intense eSports action, an earth-shaking concert is the perfect sendoff for everyone at the show and watching from home."

Tickets to the convention are, as one would expect, already sold out, but viewers at home can purchase the BlizzCon Virtual Ticket [http://us.battle.net/blizzcon/en/virtual-ticket/] for $39.99 USD, which offers comprehensive live online coverage of both days of the event-including the community contests hosted by Chris Hardwick on Friday evening and Metallica's performance on Saturday night. It also comes with all of the in-game goodies for Blizzard titles that real-world attendees receive, such as World of Warcraft's Grommloc mini-pet.

Source: Blizzard [http://blizzard.gamespress.com/METALLICA-LIVE-AT-BLIZZCON-2014]

mysecondlife

Feb 24, 2011
They certainly need a job after Mariano Riviera retired last season.

[sub][sub][sub][sub]heh. baseball joke[/sub][/sub][/sub][/sub]

JaceArveduin

Mar 14, 2011
Something doesn't add up here... You said "the most metal of metal", yet you misspelled "Iron Maiden"...

But that seems pretty cool, there's a number of bands I'd rather see, but Metallica is Metallica.

Neurotic Void Melody

Bound to escape
Legacy
Jul 15, 2013
Well they should certainly be able to afford Metallica at their communion by now. Coke and hookers only use up so many millions.
Wait...what? Ppl actually PAY for live coverage of wtfcon like a ticket, these days?! In the words of the JDude..."fck that shit!"

Neurotic Void Melody

Bound to escape
Legacy
Jul 15, 2013
JaceArveduin said:
Something doesn't add up here... You said "the most metal of metal", yet you misspelled "Iron Maiden"...
Oh wow. Only just clicked there. Its a slow brain day for me. Yet your sly wit shall not go unacknowledged if i can help it! ;)

captcha: bazinga! ...how, captcha? ...just...How?!

giles

Feb 1, 2009
Been over 14 years since they last released an album that wasn't shit... *sigh*

fix-the-spade

Feb 25, 2008
Metallica's cool and all, but the thing I took away from this is that Blizzard wants $40 from anyone attemtping to watch the live stream. The on demand replays and a couple of WoW/Diablo/HotS cosmetics sound nice, but not $40 nice.

$10 I could understand, I bet a lot of people would pay $10, but how many will pay three months of subscription time and how hard will they rage when the stream gets overloaded and goes down?

Pretty hard I imagine.

captcha: more internets

PsychicTaco115

I've Been Having These Weird Dreams Lately...
Legacy
Mar 17, 2012
Country
United States
I don't even do anything Blizzard related but the hype levels are off the charts! :D

I wonder what they'll perform? Do you think they might do a new song they have for 2015? :eek:

rasputin0009

Feb 12, 2013
$40 is ridiculous. Even as a huge Metallica fan, I'd only be willing to pay a max of $10 for this online stream. I don't love Blizzard games that much (even with 400 hours into Diablo 3) to even want to watch anything else from the event. So how much are the tickets to actually go to Blizzcon? Cause I'd be willing to pay $40 for a single day pass.

Micalas

Mar 5, 2011
rasputin0009 said:
$40 is ridiculous. Even as a huge Metallica fan, I'd only be willing to pay a max of $10 for this online stream. I don't love Blizzard games that much (even with 400 hours into Diablo 3) to even want to watch anything else from the event. So how much are the tickets to actually go to Blizzcon? Cause I'd be willing to pay $40 for a single day pass.
The tickets to actually go to Blizzcon were $199 for the two day pass. So by that standard, $40 wouldn't get you near the door.