Metro: Last Light Review - A New Dawn

antipunt

Jan 3, 2009
Metro 2033 was BRUTAL, but I still loved it xD

for some reason, the ambiance was enough; it just felt so driven

I tried Stalker for an hour, and couldn't handle it for some reason. It felt really bumpy shoddy. Maybe I wasn't playing it the right way?, because I heard a lot of good things about it.

Metalrocks

Jan 15, 2009
i dint really like the first game and i highly doubt i will get this one either. and yes, what joe says is a reason as well not to get it.

Feb 9, 2011
I literally just finished the first one for the first time. I thought it was entertaining, but a lot of the selling/trading system was a bit annoying (unable to sell a gun...really?). I still enjoyed it enough to decide to pick up the new one. I'm really glad to hear they tie up a lot of the loose ends since the ending of the first one left a lot to be desired.

DarkhoIlow

Dec 31, 2009
I've been having high hopes that this game would turn out well and 'lo and behold that it didn't disappoint, according to most reviews thus far (84% on metacritic).

Really happy this game is good and I can't wait to get my hands on it in the next few days and start playing it.

Erttheking

Legacy
Oct 5, 2011
Country
United States
doggie015 said:
SonOfVoorhees said:
CyberAkuma said:
I think it's great that this game has made so much progress considering how buggy the last game was, at least when I played it.

However, I have to call this game out on the pre-order shenanigans.
Seriously, what the hell?!

No way in hell I am paying 5 bucks for Hardcore mode.
Dont care. Will rent it. PLay it. An send it back. The hardcore mode isnt an issue. Its an issue for people who doesn't buy new. I play it because i like the story, like the last game, i like the story.
So are you saying that you are alright with game companies removing CORE FEATURES of the game to sell you as DLC?
You do know that the Ranger mode DLC was promised by THQ and Deep Silver inherited it when they bought the rights to Metro, because retailers had been promised it already, therefore they couldn't back out? Basically, Deep Silver and 4A inherited THQ's blunder. Not to mention that this really isn't new. Ranger Mode was added after the original 2033 was released for 3 bucks on the 360 and for free on steam, so I hesitate to call it a core part of the game.

Just saying, devil's advocate.

OldNewNewOld

Mar 2, 2011
I don't get how a so badly optimized game can get 4.5 stars. Seriously, this runs worse than Crysis 1 on release.
The game is awful from a technical standpoint and it simply can't be "near perfect". And please stop telling people to pre order games. The review just sounds less professional.

Comic Sans

DOWN YOU GO!
Oct 15, 2008
Country
United States
BiH-Kira said:
I don't get how a so badly optimized game can get 4.5 stars. Seriously, this runs worse than Crysis 1 on release.
The game is awful from a technical standpoint and it simply can't be "near perfect". And please stop telling people to pre order games. The review just sounds less professional.
I personally find that it runs quite well. SSAA is a real hog so try turning that off. It doesn't really make a visual difference and really bumps up the FPS.

Candidus

Dec 17, 2009
Based on the drawback outlined at the end, I'll wait until Last Light is on sale.

It would have been a day one purchase if I had beaten Metro 2033... unfortunately, a game-breaking bug (new filters would always be as depleted as the one removed before it) prevented me from doing so. Three times.

I'm sure this'll appear in the summer sale.