Metroid: Other M Is a "Traditional" Metroid

DeadlyYellow

Jun 18, 2008
Yeah... I think I'll be giving this one a pass. Looks too reliant on QTE for my tastes, and I've already played the first three games.

SprodeMaster

Apr 21, 2009
Fils-Aime seems to know what he's talking about, and yeah, gameplay-wise it looks like a step back into the classic (and as MM9 shows, that's a step forward.) but NO ONE is putting any special sauce near Samus, her suit would get all dirty, AND I DON'T WANT THAT!

Paragon Fury

The Loud Shadow
Jan 23, 2009
Team Ninja you say?

I expect at least scantily-clad, big-chested female, or I will be severely angry with them. That would be like a Fallout game that forgets to mention Vault-boy, or a Halo game without the Master....oh...wait.....

SirCannonFodder

Nov 23, 2007
Dectilon said:
what? you can get the metroid games on the virtual console, wtf are you talking about?
Last I checked the Gamecube wasn't widly successful and the Wii isn't the hardcore gamer's console of choice, and if the Prime series is available as a download on either 360 or PS3 I must've missed that completely.

just to let you know, samus was never some space spelunker, shes ALWAYS on a mission, even if you didnt bother to read the pamplet that came with your game.
You seriously need to slow down and think before you post.
For a game that came out on a console that wasn't "widly successful" (about as successful as the first Xbox), 2.83 million sales (which is the figure for the first Metroid Prime) is pretty good.

Darkong

Nov 6, 2007
I'm looking forward to this, I've been a fan of the Metroid games since the original on the NES, and own all eight of them, and with Team Ninja and Nintendo working together on this it could well turn out to be pure awesomeness.

Internet Kraken

Animalia Mollusca Cephalopada
Mar 18, 2009
Lvl 64 Klutz said:
All I care about right now are those graphics... they look so neon that it's hideous.
Normally I'm not one to focus on graphics, but this game just looks ugly.

WhiteTigerShiro

Sep 26, 2008
Keane Ng said:
hcig said:
please, PLEASE

dont screw this up ninja.

and nintendo, DONT LET THEM SEX UP SAMUS

friggin capcom did it to jill, and look how stupid that ended up!
I thought Jill was always sexed up. Did they do something to her in RE5?
They made her into a blonde. Doesn't help that in one of the boss fights in the game
you have to paw at her chest right after she rips her shirt open a little.
If it wasn't for the rest of the game being really good, Jill's plastic surgery and bleached hair would've probably been the straw that broke the camel's back for me.

Moreorless

May 29, 2009
Internet Kraken said:
Lvl 64 Klutz said:
All I care about right now are those graphics... they look so neon that it's hideous.
It's the Wii the graphics are always going to be ugly.

Internet Kraken

Animalia Mollusca Cephalopada
Mar 18, 2009
Moreorless said:
Internet Kraken said:
Lvl 64 Klutz said:

Not true at all. Super Mario Galaxy looks nice.

Gamer137

Jun 7, 2008
ZeroMachine said:
I'm still holding judgement until I see a gameplay video that comes out closer to release... but I'm very skeptical.
Pretty much this point for point.

ChromeAlchemist

Aug 21, 2008
Dectilon said:
what? you can get the metroid games on the virtual console, wtf are you talking about?
Last I checked the Gamecube wasn't widly successful and the Wii isn't the hardcore gamer's console of choice, and if the Prime series is available as a download on either 360 or PS3 I must've missed that completely.

just to let you know, samus was never some space spelunker, shes ALWAYS on a mission, even if you didnt bother to read the pamplet that came with your game.
You seriously need to slow down and think before you post.
Success means nothing concerning your current and previous point. There is also no such thing as a hardcore gamer's console, a gaming console is just that, regardless of sales, and Metroid has been available for every single Nintendo console bar the N64. The GameCube was a major console, and this is fact.

Moreorless said:
Internet Kraken said:
Lvl 64 Klutz said:
Super Mario Galaxy would like a word.

ZeroMachine

Oct 11, 2008
Internet Kraken said:
Moreorless said:
Internet Kraken said:
Lvl 64 Klutz said:

Not true at all. Super Mario Galaxy looks nice.
Very true, Galaxy was a beautiful game... sometimes, almost (almost) on par with 360.

Gamer137 said:
ZeroMachine said:
I'm still holding judgement until I see a gameplay video that comes out closer to release... but I'm very skeptical.
Pretty much this point for point.
I'm glad I'm not the only one... it just... isn't Metroid. Way to anime. Seriously.

Generator

May 8, 2009
Dectilon said:
Generator said:
This looks like it could be good, but also like it won't be.

Hopefully, I'm wrong.
Wait... How would that... Argh! My brain!
I guess that was kind of a confusing way of putting it.

What I meant was that the game looks like it could turn out good because it's an interesting premise and something different. However, it probably won't end up as good as it could. ...If that made any more sense than before.